PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Arizona game predicions

Reborn
12-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Ok here goes:

Gonzaga 75
Arizona 70

Two great programs whose teams are reloading from last year. I suppose Arizona more than GU. For that reason I think the Zags will win. I also feel the Zags will be more motivated to win this one, and we will need every little bit of an edge that we can find to pull this one out.

U Zig, I Zag
12-16-2011, 12:09 PM
We are not as confident or dynamic as I thought earlier in the season.

AZ - 82
GU - 77

bartruff1
12-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I will be surprised...but...it will be a great game to watch...the young Johnson will amaze you...Bell will need his mercury shoes...damn this is a great schedule ... poise.. to's maybe key

Kiddwell
12-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Guards are young, Turn-Over City, we lose by 7...again. Kiddwell has lost the faith. :(

Beloved Zags - 71
In their 'Zona -- 78

:[

Reborn
12-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Guards are young, Turn-Over City, we lose by 7...again. Kiddwell has lost the faith. :(

Beloved Zags - 71
In their 'Zona -- 78:[

"Oh ye of little faith."

SageOfZagville
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Stan (Arizona)

Who are you picking between Gonzaga and 'Zona tomorrow?

Andy Katz
(2:14 PM)

Gonzaga in Seattle

LongIslandZagFan
12-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Dogs 74
Cats 68

GoZags
12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Zags 96
Arizona 95

in Double Overtime

FlyZag
12-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Hot Kitties - 78
Cold Canines - 69

ZagAddict
12-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Zags not playing at a level to beat upper tier competition...

UofA - 68
GU - 53

Gonzaga hasn't beaten a decent opponent in the Battle in Seattle since Morrison banked in the last second 3 point shot to win it against Oklahoma State in 2005. We've racked up plenty of loses against good competition though... Tennessee, Nevada, Illinois, UConn. The Zags are 4-4 in the Battle in Seattle with wins over Missouri, UMass, Oklahoma State. I don't see this game being any different.

My main question becomes will GU have a top 50 RPI win outside of the WCC this year? SMC may be the only top 50 RPI win that GU has on their resume for March. GU is missing on their OOC opportunities this year.

DCZag
12-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Zags by 5 - AZ has beaten exactly no one so far this season and they are young as well.

Go Zags - play 40 minutes instead of 28!

DixieZag
12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Until I read more about the AZ program and their lack of leadership and size, I was resigned to another 7 point loss - in much the same fashion, behind most of the game, a few runs but never enough to overcome the Cats.

But, we really should dominate them on the boards, AZ has not beaten anyone this year, despite playing well in Florida and have had some really questionable outings. I think the Zags are physically and emotionally tougher right now. I think we finally break out of our shooting rut. I think we have found some diversity in the offense. I think we are playing very good defense right now and Bell will get the toughest assignment - and do well in his homecoming. I think we ARE going to run off the 5 in a row that BZ predicted. We got one last night, we get #2 tomorrow.

The Few: 78
Miller Light: 72

VinnyZag
12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
I love this game because it gives me a chance to see GU here in Western Washington. I hate it because I usually go home disappointed.

Since Morrison's miracle bank in 2005, the only team GU has beaten in the Battle was post-Steph Curry Davidson.

2010: Illinois 82, Gonzaga 75
2009: Gonzaga 103, Davidson 91
2008: Connecticut 88, Gonzaga 83
2007: Tennessee 82, Gonzaga 72
2006: Nevada 82, Gonzaga 74
2005: Gonzaga 64, Oklahoma St. 62
2004: Gonzaga 68, UMass 57
2003: Gonzaga 87, Missouri 80
So, do they snap out of it this year? I hope so, but at the same time I doubt it.

Arizona 81, Gonzaga 75

McZag
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
This one is the difference between 5-3 or 4-4 in December. I for one believe that if the Illinois game was in K2, we'd would have taken it. This strikes me as a very similar opportunity and if the "nuetral" court turns partisian in the Zags favor, I think we can pull it out. If we do, it will be Sam and Rob icing it at the foul line in the last 1:20.

Zags 78
Cats 73

gonwick
12-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Saw az beat up clemson in Tucson last weekend. Johnson is crazy athletic. He had lob dunks, put back dunks, and various other dunks. Doubt we can match their athleticism, and their freshman heavy guard rotation means we can't use that as an excuse. It'll be fun to see how Gary and Kevin match up, but probably not as fun as I would like. Wildcats by twelve.

pbriz
12-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Cats go wild

Dogs play like bull

Az by 11

snebzag
12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Based on the ORE (Oral Roberts Experience)
I think again the score stays low, fouls dictate pace and multiple substitutions, early season lineup adjustments. Guy Landry comes in and everyone just stands around and watches him.
GU-73
AZ-66

Timeout!
12-16-2011, 08:17 PM
What was Arizona ranked at the beginning of the season? Weren't they around #12? I recall Top-20 for sure...

DixieZag
12-16-2011, 08:30 PM
I know nothing about these guys. Nothing.

But I'll just wing it....

Landry gets the start of Hart, which makes some on this board so happy that they cry tears of grease (shouldn't have eaten that pizza before the game, boys). As the ref throws the ball up for the tip, it is heard by the Arizona player guarding Landry that he says "Maurice, come to me", and the ball mysteriously alters course and goes directly towards Landry, who much to the delight of the entire GU Board family, takes off from 3pt land for a 360 tomahawk dunk the likes of which we have never seen. Husbands and Fathers shield their wive's and children's eyes so they don't have to witness the utter destruction that is now the Arizona morale. Sean Miller openly weeps at the beauty and the tradegy of this unexpected turn of events. A women gives birth in the stands out of sheer shock, for she wasn't even with child. Her son she names Guy and gives him to Mark Few to raise him properly. Greg Anthony, through sob's of joy, states "Never in my life did I expect to see such a righteously awesome display of raw basketball talent. I can die in peace". He then breathes a final sigh, and his head limply slams onto the table, his final act behind him.

Sean Miller manages to pull his team together, and makes the following speech, "Boys, we are all in the presence of a true basketball god. I cannot say that I am sorry to have scheduled this game, since if we hadn't born witness to this event, we would not have been blessed in such a way. I do not expect you to win, nor do I want you to win. If you have possession of the ball, which I can assure is highly unlikely since it comes to Landry whenever he calls it by name, but if it does come to you, please give it back to its rightful owner. That is all."

Zags 788
AZ 0

A 360 from three point land? Come on Gray, I happen to know that he has to hold Maurice with two hands when he jumps from beyond the arc and thus can't twist - at ALL - on his 3 pt dunks.

Its his first game and you are already starting to put undue pressure on him, lets just let the game come to him, like his ball.

Reborn
12-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Based on the ORE (Oral Roberts Experience)
I think again the score stays low, fouls dictate pace and multiple substitutions, early season lineup adjustments. Guy Landry comes in and everyone just stands around and watches him.
GU-73
AZ-66

The scores over the last few games have been low because of turnovers. The goal is to score in the high 70's and the best goal is to score 80. Our defense is better this year, and I think its better in general amongst all the teams we've played so far. Defense is in. So I suppose we could win a game if we score in the low 70's, but I kind of doubt it. Not against a caliber Div 1 team like Arizona.

bostonzagfan
12-16-2011, 09:51 PM
zona by 5, zags still not clicking

stevet75
12-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Guy is not quite up to speed.
Less than 48 hour turn around from ORU game.
If we can't beat MSU at home, it seems unlikely we could beat Arizona at a semi neutral venue.
Can we defend the three?

Arizona by 7

bartruff1
12-17-2011, 08:02 AM
I woke up this morning thinking that the Gonzaga Bulldogs were going to play a game in Seattle against Arizona...a game televised on CBS !!! WTF...of course I was still asleep.....the games against Whitworth and Pacific Lutheran still have plenty of free tickets to anyone who wants to go...

upan8th
12-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Yet another disappointment before a national TV audience. GU has yet to figure out who can play, who can't. UA at least got that figured out. Chance to get marquee W (this year) vs overrated AZ troup goes begging. Alley Cats: 78 Mongrels: 67. :(

allnet59
12-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Cats by nine points.