PDA

View Full Version : Your CBS announcers for Arizona/Gonzaga

CDC84
12-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Spero Dedes/Greg Anthony

Zag4Hire
12-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Spero Dedes/Greg Anthony

I would happily pay to have Gus & Raff. The replay with Ammo's crazy shot vs the Pokes never gets old. One because it was a truly great play but the call is simply awesome as well.

Baldwinzag
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
I really like Greg Anthony as he's consistently giving props to the Zags -- he picked us in his F4 last season. Very knowledgable and offers unique insights during half-time segments and/or in his broadcasts. While I prefer him in the studio over color, I enjoy his commentary overall. He always seems to know a lot about Gonzaga.

Spero Dedes is tough to listen to -- his strong Jersey accent makes it sound like "The Situation" is calling our games. He's a little sporadic, doesn't seem to listen to his color guy, and just comes off as cocky instead of confident in his play-by-play announcing. I'd rather listen to Heister than Spero any day of the week.

I'm happy with Greg Anthony though.

ZagNative
12-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up about Spero, BaldwinZag. I'll look forward to watching him for the behavior you describe! :lmao:

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-16-2011, 12:25 PM
As Spero also calls Lakers games, I may be watching on mute (boo Lakers, hooray Kings!). But I do enjoy Mr. Anthony.

bartruff1
12-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Is that the same guy that was Nixon's VP ?....I thought he was in jail...glad to see he turned his life around..not easy with a name like that... I like the guy that wears the nice dresses...

ZagNative
12-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Is that the same guy that was Nixon's VP ?....I thought he was in jail...glad to see he turned his life around..not easy with a name like that... I like the guy that wears the nice dresses...How can it be that that was my first out-loud guffaw in days?