PDA

View Full Version : Own up to your words -- please

raise the zag
12-16-2011, 07:44 AM
Time to end the abuse via neg reps I've been receiving the past few days.

My latest "rep" received is just one of many examples:

"What do people want ? To be be free of knee jerk condescending wimps like you . . ."

First, when have I been 'condescending' and how are my posts so horrible/demeaning/negative/stupid as people have put it? I've never once name-called or put down any player or person, only posed questions worthy of discussion or help other posters answer their questions. I've seen much worse around here.

I'm open to change and growing as a board member. Please review my entire post history and help me out on this one. I've reviewed the above rules and feel I'm posting within complete compliance to the GUboards mission statement.

Secondly, I find it ironic I'm the one labeled the "wimp" or "idiot" or "immature" when all the rep messages to me have been left anonymous and insulting.

Either someone is out to get me or I'm seriously offending folks on this board. What gives?

I appreciate the warm welcome received from all the neg reps or the positive reps with negative/insulting messages along with them.

ps--> I didn't realize the "red" beside my name was even an option. ouch.

ZagLawGrad
12-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Only a few have the Neg Rep power as I understand it.

raise the zag
12-16-2011, 08:00 AM

Interesting. . .

I was "in the red" a few mins ago.

Its just frustrating is all. Besides my quoted post a few days re: Coach Few's comments surrounding Gary Bell, I felt my posts have been honest, factual, sincere, & reasonable.

If only a select # have the ability to 'neg rep' no wonder the green reps were coming through with insults as well -- I thought it was a joke or something.

LongIslandZagFan
12-16-2011, 08:02 AM

There is neg rep as in red boxes... Which seems to be gone... And neg rep comments.... I will look into those raise. Just an FYI to you folks out there... Others may not be able to see who leaves rep... Mods and admins can... What you say in those that come to our attention can and will get you banned depending on the case.

webspinnre
12-16-2011, 08:05 AM
I always sign my name on rep comments, and I encourage others to do the same.

Ezag
12-16-2011, 08:10 AM
neg reps are stupid....is that negative?

bigblahla
12-16-2011, 08:11 AM

Ditto.

Go!! Zags!!!

raise the zag
12-16-2011, 08:21 AM
It'd be great if people signed their reps. It would allow for honest discourse between those who agree and/or disagree.

As mentioned above, I just want to know how I've offended people and how I can rectify it.

Based on my 100+ posts, what am I doing wrong as a contributor to GUBoards? My style, words, tone, unsound arguments, false information, what? If you signed your name, we could discuss it and I'd be happy to entertain suggestions.

Anyway, moving on, just a quick thought about the repping business and hopefully others don't receive such messages...

bartruff1
12-16-2011, 08:38 AM
I always sign my name on rep comments, and I encourage others to do the same. I always sign your name also.. thanks for the encouragement...I was feeling kinda bad about it.....bart

bartruff1
12-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I went back and read a lot of your posts, raise the zag. I don't see anything you wrote that should have offended anybody.

That was such a childish comment and a wimpy one too. Whoever wrote it should be ashamed.

It was Web...

U Zig, I Zag
12-16-2011, 08:55 AM

I also sign my rep comments as webspinnre.

:D

04ZagFan
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Raise, there are several people here who just can't handle ANY negative talk. NONE. Don't worry about it. You'll soon come to realize there is an "underground" network of true Zag fans who call it like it is... Good or bad.

bartruff1
12-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Of course all the others are not true zag fans...well, sure that makes sense.. you have to be negative to be a true zag fan...and you wonder why ?

MDABE80
12-16-2011, 09:15 AM
I didn't know the board even HAD that option...Never given , never received (but I don't look so what do I know??) Key...be conservative:)

ellenvega
12-16-2011, 09:16 AM
I didn't even know there was such a thing as rep comments. I've always thought putting everything out on the open forum is the way to go. Another forum I'm on doesn't even have a PM system (can reach people by email). Keeps people pretty civil. Just my observation.

04ZagFan
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Of course all the others are not true zag fans...well, sure that makes sense.. you have to be negative to be a true zag fan...and you wonder why ?

Why are you so obsessed with responding to me in every thread? Enough. Some people have a better understanding of the game. Believe it or not, this team has weaknesses, whether you want to admit that or not.

bartruff1
12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Why are you so obsessed with responding to me in every thread? Enough. Some people have a better understanding of the game. Believe it or not, this team has weaknesses, whether you want to admit that or not. It's fun...hell, I would take you to parties.

Baldwinzag
12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Loud nois-es!