///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

It's hearsay but we could be seeing a development in recruiting in a few days. Grant Gibbs could commit. To whom, I'm not sure. But it appears Gonzaga could be in his top two. Again, this is hearsay but it comes from a good guy from the other top two school.

We shall see.

Akzag
07-07-2007, 04:28 PM
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

So we're getting a slasher?

steventreich
07-07-2007, 04:35 PM
my guess is it is between Iowa and Gonzaga, with Iowa being tough to beat given the proximity to home.

cggonzaga
07-07-2007, 04:48 PM
My guess is it's become apparent Clarke is a longshot and the staff has turned up the heat to get Gibbs. Hopefully he'll forgive us for putting him on the backburner.

BobZag
07-07-2007, 05:04 PM
My guess is it's become apparent Clarke is a longshot and the staff has turned up the heat to get Gibbs. Hopefully he'll forgive us for putting him on the backburner.

Not at all, cg.

pbriz
07-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Not at all, cg.

Not at all in saying that Clarke is a longshot or not at all in that we have put Gibbs on the backburner....

BobZag
07-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Not at all in saying that Clarke is a longshot or not at all in that we have put Gibbs on the backburner....

Both. :)

ZaggyStardust
07-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Both. :)

HMMMMMMMMMM When Josh Gershon puts a smiley face next to his posts on the AZ Rivals Premium Board it's a signal to the readers that all is well, good news for sure, he knows something we don't know but he is confirming what we all think.... And I know Bob reads that board as well...... Either way, I am quite fond of smiley faces in this context!!!!!!!

sonuvazag
07-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Both. Both? Both.

TM27
07-08-2007, 12:19 AM
my guess is it is between Iowa and Gonzaga, with Iowa being tough to beat given the proximity to home.

Grant is scheduled to announce Tuesday, July 10th. Speculation is that his top 4 choices are:
1. Gonzaga
2. Wisconsin
3. Iowa St.
4. Iowa

People are writing about his interest in Wisconsin and Gonzaga, with Gonzaga being his first choice, however, these same people are also the type of people that claim to have inside info because their coworkers cousins neighbor went to school with Grant and... you get the point....so take it for what it is worth.

BobZag
07-08-2007, 10:14 AM
It's looking very, very good for the Zags, guys. When I read about Gibbs, Blake Stepp keeps coming to mind. 6'5". Check. 190 in HS. Check. Likes to slash and drive and mix it up inside. Check. A decent outside shooter. Check. An all-around PG who passes very well. Check.

:)

El Voce
07-08-2007, 11:14 AM
As it has for many years, the future continues to look very good.

BobZag
07-08-2007, 11:24 AM
As it has for many years, the future continues to look very good.

So true, my friend. Looking good for Gibbs/Zags to be specific.

spudzag
07-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Great News about Giggs. Hopefully the July 10th announcement will be a commitment to GU not a narrowing to 4. Seems that he as already narrowed a week or so a go. When you read the information available (and yes, I admit visting his myspace page) it all has a very positive feel to it. With his obvious predisposition for the Zags it seems really likely he would commit if he felt the staff and team really wanted him.

Obviously the staff has debated his merits and believe he can contribute (and I'm sure chat board comments go a long ways in their evaluations:) ). Let's hope for good news on Tuesday.:D

El Voce
07-08-2007, 12:38 PM
So true, my friend. Looking good for Gibbs/Zags to be specific.

I hope so, Bob. I have always favored the Zags offering scholarships to the kids who have always wanted to be Zags. Gibbs sounds like he would be a breat fit.

Nevtelen
07-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I feel like I don't know much about his game, but what I know, I like. It sounds like he's going to be "the man" on his high school team this season, so I'm sure we'll find out more about his game then. If we get him, think about our size at PG with him and Bouldin! IF he commits, it'll be interesting how that influences our pursuit of Clarke.

LynetteG
07-08-2007, 01:24 PM
When you read the information available (and yes, I admit visting his myspace page) it all has a very positive feel to it. With his obvious predisposition for the Zags it seems really likely he would commit if he felt the staff and team really wanted him.

i would agree. from his myspace page his AIM username is zag something, his favorite team is Gonzaga, favorite college player Adam Morrison. sounds very positive!

MickMick
07-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Rotnei wants to know (http://www.kentucky.com/269/story/118357.html):

What is the difference between a point guard and a lead guard?

cggonzaga
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
So Bob, after Gibbs commits are you saying we still have a good shot at Clarke? I find this a little hard to believe unless the staff is planning on 2 or more leaving for the pros after this year. I also can't believe the staff would all of the sudden decide Gibbs is the guy they wanted all along unless it became apparent Clarke wasn't coming.

spudzag
07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
This is on the Iowa chat Board;

It's Gonzaga folks, and its not going to be long now until you hear it.
http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?highlight=gibbs&sid=940&fid=803&tid=96489695&mid=96761841

The folks in Wisconson seem to have another idea;

So is Gibbs going to verbal to UW?
Or maybe the question should be when will he. It seems to me that he's on his way to becoming a Badger. Can't say we're not down about it, but at least we will be on the rise with the new coach. pre-congrats on another steal.

http://wisconsin.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?highlight=gibbs&sid=907&fid=1227&tid=96618901&mid=96848959

Iowa State likes their board and charges a fee, but several threads about the Tuesday announcement.

Let's hope Few has the Mojo goin'

LynetteG
07-08-2007, 07:02 PM
This is on the Iowa chat Board;

It's Gonzaga folks, and its not going to be long now until you hear it.
http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?highlight=gibbs&sid=940&fid=803&tid=96489695&mid=96761841

or this one spud "I know the Gibbs family and he has already decided on Gonzaga!"

ZagsAllDay2424
07-08-2007, 07:50 PM
i found some vid of gibbs playing at the Rumble in the Bronx at Fordam Univeristy in New York. Its a full game againist the Playaz, who have some great guards themselves so its a good test for gibbs to play againist......the playaz backcourt players are going to Pittsburg(2), Stanford,Rutgers and one is going to Fordam. Though its not a great indication of what he can do being thats its there 5th game of the day or so, it still gives us zags fan a lil insight into his game. he only missed one shot i was pretty impressed......let me know what you guys think.

http://www.hsbnetwork.tv/
click on live webcasts and click on rumble in the bronx...........when it asks for username and password, enther his
username: hsbnetwork
password: webcasts1

BobZag
07-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Gibbs will be a Zag, with all due respect to Badger fans.

As for Clarke, he may be a longshot, though Few will never give up until it's over, but a longshot nonetheless.

As I said before, Gibbs is most similar to Stepp in almost every way. A high basketball IQ and a good feel for the game. If indeed he is similar to Stepp, I'm very happy he's a Zag.

Also, I expect a possible lightning bolt of a guard to verbal down the road a ways, ala Q, Winston Brooks or Pargo.

wiszag
07-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I really wanted to see him in Badger red. Oh well, at least I'll get to watch him on TV a lot. Congrats, I think you got yourself a good one.

wiszag

azzagfan
07-08-2007, 08:22 PM
He looks very skilled offensively. Good passer, not tremendously athletic, but has a good basketball IQ. His defense looks a little suspect, but that is not that uncommon at these AAU tournaments. Maybe he takes his favorite college player's game very serious in that he tries to emulate it in every way.:)

MickMick
07-08-2007, 09:32 PM
According to Wishoops.net editor Mark Miller:

Just a hunch, but I bet it's Gonzaga for Gibbs.

Nevtelen
07-08-2007, 09:43 PM
He doesn't really seem to do much in that game, but there was not a whole lot of real structured offense in the video, so who knows how he is in that regard. The few shots he took were impressive, though - he had someone on him and nailed it over the defender. Also had a nice pump fake. Honestly, it was hard for me to keep track of where he was a lot of the time because of the resolution.

BBskorer
07-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Hat tip to ZagsAllDay for the deep cyber-reach. Great find!

This search was a whole lot lazier, but here's another game vid: Linn-Mar vs Marantha Christian Academy (MN) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yVqLA7OceY0). #10 in white

Nevtelen
07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Also, I expect a possible lightning bolt of a guard to verbal down the road a ways, ala Q, Winston Brooks or Pargo.

Okay, since no one else has, I have to ask - is this just a general feeling, like there are tons of these types in the 2009 class that GU is interested in so we're bound to get one or a more specific feeling like one of the Bellarmine kids (for example) has said something to the staff that makes them think he'll probably play at GU?

Rubbadub
07-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Gibbs had 23 points and 3 or 4 rebounds. Not too shabby. Storm was really lights out in that first half. I'm surprised he's not at least a three star.

Hoopmeister
07-09-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by BobZag

This is also what I believe we need. We've got the 6' 5" guards who can play, and to compliment that we really do need lightning speed. Someone like Collison at UCLA. Or yes, like Q. I haven't seen the Bellermine duo play. Are they cut in that kind of thread, Bob?

cggonzaga
07-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by BobZag

This year or next Bob? For some reason I have a feeling it's for this year. How about a hint?

BobZag
07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
For 2008.

The 2009 Bellarmine duo: Gaddy is more deliberate and plays under control than Q. His quicks do not equal Collison's. He'll be at least 6'5" too. He's in the mold of Blake Stepp. Bradley is dynamic, a slashing scorer with a decent shot. He is like a young Dywane Wade.

cggonzaga
07-09-2007, 10:49 AM
JC guy or late blooming high schooler?

MickMick
07-09-2007, 06:34 PM
For 2008.

Ok...does anyone know of a speed demon for 2008 that may become a Zag?

Dashan Harris?