PDA

View Full Version : vegas....Gonzaga by 12

bartruff1
12-15-2011, 06:49 AM
....it could happen

Kiddwell
12-15-2011, 07:22 AM
...Zags punch Oral Roberts in their bicuspids (knocking down their tent meeting and requiring the immediate laying on of hands). Final score?

Oral Surgery -- 63
Mighty Gonzaga Knuckle-Sandwich -- 88

:]

Zag4Hire
12-15-2011, 07:32 AM
GU 3-1 ATS as a double digit favorite but the opponent appears to be a bit better than previous competition. Oral Bob has only been outrebounded once so far this season. Oral Bob appears to thrive as an underdog but hasn't fared so well ATS as a double digit favorite. Nonetheless, you can't like where this game lies on the schedule. Heavyweight bout just lost against MSU and a big game against AZ in Seattle on Sat. I doubt Few would display too much of what they may have to offer. I think GU also will have typical struggles from the charity stripe that may make this game closer than expected. Oral Bob keeps the throttle down but not enough in the end.

GU 75
Oral Bob 67

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-15-2011, 07:37 AM
12 seems a touch low. I was thinking it'd be 14 or 15.

Birddog
12-15-2011, 07:41 AM
http://malialitman.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/oral-roberts.jpg
Oral Roberts employing all the help they can.

The old story is that when the cranes were lowering the two hands in place it took several attempts to try to get the hands to touch. Try as they may, the crew was unable to get them closer than about 1'. The artist was beside himself and the crane operators and crews were very frustrated. Finally someone had the bright idea of strapping Oral himself into a safety harness and raising him to just above the top of the separated hands. After they carefully positioned Oral, he held out a $20 bill between the tips of the opposing fingers and the hands miraculously came together. The bill remained there for years until the ravages of weather finally removed any trace.

Zag4Hire
12-15-2011, 07:59 AM
12 seems a touch low. I was thinking it'd be 14 or 15.

Sagarin Difference sits in between 7 and 8 (including Home Adv. differential). They played WVU hard earlier in the season and they have effectively incorporated a full court press in their scheme. I almost think this GU team would be more suited in the half court set as opposed to the run-out. I have faith in the backcourt but ball handling has been rather sloppy so far. Also Oral Bob is effective at drawing fouls. I see more of a backdoor cover by Oral Bob. GU could be up by 14 and Oral Bob gets some buckets during the final minute or so.

gu03alum
12-15-2011, 08:05 AM
If Gonzaga was favored by infinite I'd still take the over.

raise the zag
12-15-2011, 08:31 AM
fwiw, haven't missed a line yet this season w/ the Zags. while I stayed away from the WSU game, I've nailed every spread/points/game. I literally just received a call from my Brother, who isn't a GU fan, asking what he should do with tonight's game vs ORU. I told him to bet past the spread, b/c I believe the Zags will win by 15+ pts tonight. I most likely won't take points vs 'Zona, yet I will put some serious $ down on a Gonzaga victory -- I think vegas goes against us on this one too.

DCZag
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
I think we cover tonight - Zags by 15; I don't think with the schedule as it is that we'll see the mid-Dec meltdowns of the past couple of years.

gamagin
12-15-2011, 09:50 AM
http://malialitman.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/oral-roberts.jpg[/IMG]
Oral Roberts employing all the help they can. The old story is that when the cranes were lowering the two hands in place it took several attempts to try to get the hands to touch. Try as they may, the crew was unable to get them closer than about 1'. The artist was beside himself and the crane operators and crews were very frustrated. Finally someone had the bright idea of strapping Oral himself into a safety harness and raising him to just above the top of the separated hands. After they carefully positioned Oral, he held out a $20 bill between the tips of the opposing fingers and the hands miraculously came together. The bill remained there for years until the ravages of weather finally removed any trace.

thanks. I doubt, however, Oral left that $20 after the tips touched. Maybe a corner of that bill stuck, but the rest, well, it went straight back into his pocket.

Zag 77
12-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Come on guys, we don't need to make fun of their religion. That is beneath us. Let us show a little class.

jazzdelmar
12-15-2011, 10:20 AM
I agree. The wise guy comments about the religious affiliation are really obnoxious. Don't belong here or anywhere. That will go especially for BYU. Just because some here feel comfortable about poking fun at Jebbies and other RC orders doesn't mean it's ok to do that unto others.

bartruff1
12-15-2011, 11:13 AM
I make fun of all religions...some are more fun than others... but they all have really crazy myths ....I think the mormons believe that jesus visited Missouri and that paradise is there....I have been to Missouri...hard to believe...

RenoZag
12-15-2011, 07:26 PM
fwiw, haven't missed a line yet this season w/ the Zags. . . I told him to bet past the spread, b/c I believe the Zags will win by 15+ pts tonight. . .

whoops

RenoZag
12-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Come on guys, we don't need to make fun of their religion. That is beneath us. Let us show a little class.

Nobody's making fun of their religion; the founder of the school, however, is fair game as a public figure who claimed he had a visit from a 900 foot tall avatar of Christ, and who pleaded for funds in January 1987 by announcing to a television audience that unless he raised $8 million by that March, God would call him to heaven. . .and more.

Drew
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Their coach's suit could have been a hand me down from a televangelist.

Edit: Haircut too.

bartruff1
12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
whoops Pretty good team, a few calls and they win the game...