PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope to see tomorrow night vs ORU

Reborn
12-14-2011, 06:34 AM
I would like to see everyone giving it 100% for the whole game. If you are stilll not in shape and get tired then ask to be taken out.

I would like to see Gary Bell score 20 points. I know he's a Freshman, but I also think he's our best scorer.

I'm really excited to see if David Stockton can continue to score the way he did against Michigan State. He's the one guy so far who I think is showing
confidence in his abilities. Keep it up, David.

Oral Roberts has no one who can guard Robert so he will be double teamed all night. I hope to see him pass better, and finally learn how to pass out of the double teams, and punish the opposition for double teaming him. Will Robert ever become a good passer?

I'd like to see assists back up to 12 or more. The last two games we had 9 assists in each, and this is a big reason we lost. When the Zags play one on one basketball they are NOT at their best. So I hope to see more passing, and more execution as a team.

kclubfounder
12-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Other than a W 1st and foremost (which probably goes without saying), I want to see Carter and Harris have great games.

bartruff1
12-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Other than a W 1st and foremost (which probably goes without saying), I want to see Carter and Harris have great games.....it is time...and of course no injuries...edited to add, some Spangler, just cuz I want to see him play...

Zag4Hire
12-14-2011, 07:22 AM
1) A game with under 15 TOs.
2) More offensive sets run with an objective in mind (no matter the outcome) as opposed to passing aimlessly on the perimeter or taking an ill-advised shot.

Kiddwell
12-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Please, please, please, Coach Few, don't take out the starters if they jump out early on ORU. Let the starters build the lead before wholesale substitutions. Make the other coach "sub." :000tens:

In the Zags' former tilt, our starters jumped on Sparty early (12-7), all the engine's cylinders were firing, the crowd was nutzoid...and Coach Few (to Kiddwell's shock & consternation) suddenly subbed in members of the second team.

It was (as they say from Mt. Spokane's summit) all downhill from there. :explode:

:]

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 07:53 AM
1) A game with under 15 TOs.
2) More offensive sets run with an objective in mind (no matter the outcome) as opposed to passing aimlessly on the perimeter or taking an ill-advised shot.

ditto.

I'd like to see our guards be more aggressive i.e., less predictable on offense to keep defenses guessing. While this has more to do with our game plan to 'get the ball inside'; however, our guards had several instances they got past the first defender vs MSU only to defer to another or turn it over trying to make the impossible "home run" pass. This will only come with experience and playing somewhat inferior competition to test things out and build confidence in their own abilities. I'd like to see it start this game. Pangos, Stockton, & GBJ are all ballers with good handles. Get it inside the arc and create -- this has only happened when the offense breaks down or in transition, Pangos especially has shown a knack for scoring from mid range & GBJ tough shots near the hoop. Its time to open things up or we're going to become much too easy to defend.

northsidezagfan
12-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Other than a W 1st and foremost (which probably goes without saying), I want to see Carter and Harris have great games.

+1, especially Carter.

Zag4Hire
12-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Pangos, Stockton, & GBJ are all ballers with good handles. Get it inside the arc and create -- this has only happened when the offense breaks down or in transition, Pangos especially has shown a knack for scoring from mid range & GBJ tough shots near the hoop. Its time to open things up or we're going to become much too easy to defend.

Right. How many times did MSU run a pick & pop with Green? Harris never closed and Green made him pay. I felt like last year was pound it inside to Sacre and it worked well. When defenses would sag, Carter would slash and Gray would bomb from the outside. There seemed to be a bad combination at times. Everyone would defer or everyone wanted to take control. Guards dribbling a few times and then pass to another guard in a not so advantageous position. Or the opposite, I felt like the players were making the court 'too small' by bunching up at times.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I feel like when the ball goes into the post that is where the offensive engine goes to die. It results in a good shot or a bad shot which is usually the result of the post moves by Sacre, Harris, or Dower. The more hesitation, the more likely a travel, steal, jumpball, or the rare block will result. But that is what irritates me and I think is the key to getting this team up to a higher level. Now, when it is dumped into the post, there are no guards slashing to the hoop or freeing up a perimeter shot. The bigs aren't looking to kick it back out or keep an eye out for a guard coming at the hoop. Maybe I am wrong but I haven't seen it.

primal23
12-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Although it wont happen, an off-colored KC chant.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-14-2011, 08:44 AM
1. Plenty of assists/easy baskets
2. Fewer TOs!
3. A big game from Dower and/or Carter

bballbeachbum
12-14-2011, 08:49 AM
won't see it, I'll be on a plane.

But hope that the upperclassmen step up. Love the freshmen and sophs, but believe this team needs those upperclassmen to get it done consistently, Marquise and Elias. In the 2 losses, they didn't. If they had, I believe GU would have won no matter what the freshmen/sophomore guys did.

cjm720
12-14-2011, 09:03 AM
1) GU Win
2) Carter and Dower playing like they did last year
3) More designed 3-point plays
4) Harris stepping up

My first three were pre-MSU as well and none came to fruition.

DCZag
12-14-2011, 09:17 AM
I want to see intesinty and focus for the full 40 minutes

gamagin
12-14-2011, 09:28 AM
modicum of intelligence, maturity, strength of character, genuine thoughtfulness and leadership.

Along with old fashioned support for the current effort as well as understanding, empathy and teamwork for the rest of the season which will carry right on in to the WCC championship & the dance.

And I hope to see all of this right here on the GUB AFTER the game. Win or lose.

In short, I'm hoping for a miracle.

jim77
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
W....

CDC84
12-14-2011, 11:15 AM
...for Marquise Carter to have a good game......

DixieZag
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Our current offensive strength is guard play. Therefore, I would like to see the offense run from the outside - in. I would like to establish good outside shooting and mid-range shots, force them to come out and stop that AND THEN start to go inside. I will be sick to my stomach if I see yet another "pound it inside, get to the line, hope to win by shooting 40 FTs" - I say this b/c

A. It doesn't work against the good teams
B. AZ has been scouting us for 4 days, if - 2 days before the game, we change up our focus, that would throw out much of their game plan.

Plus, a win would be just super.

rennis
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
on both ends

HillBillyZag
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Merely a win, with improvement by every player and no injuries. Go Zags!

VinnyZag
12-14-2011, 03:21 PM
On this upside-down team, I feel like we know what we're going to get from the freshmen, but the upperclassmen are question marks. So, I want to see the older guys -- Carter, Dower, Harris -- gain some confidence heading into Saturday.

zag buddy
12-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I would like to see at least average defense from Harris and Dower. I'm hoping to see Ryan Spangler play. And last but not least, see us stop Morrison from beig the top scorer.

Bing
12-14-2011, 05:12 PM
A guboards.spokesmanreview.com forum without any posts from 04zagfan.

Reborn
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I hope we see Harris guarding Morrison the whole, and that Few sticks Hart on someone who isn't going to torch him. Morrison is supposed to be getting some serious looks by NBA scouts. This is two games in a row that the Zags face a potential NBA small forward. I hope we do better on Morrison than we did on Green.