PDA

View Full Version : Everybody else is an idiot except........

Birddog
12-14-2011, 05:24 AM
If you're not on the list don't sweat it. It might be a good thing and besides there was only room for ten.
Clarification: I meant "everybody else" on the board, not just on the poll. Others in the poll should feel neither slighted nor elated.

gu03alum
12-14-2011, 05:31 AM
I wanted to vote for birddog and it wasn't an option.

bartruff1
12-14-2011, 05:48 AM
But I do not like green eggs and ham and I do not like whiny and spoiled children....just don't like them....it used to be that when parents failed, that the Draft and Basic Training and the DI would undo the damage.... and it was not uncommon for them to turn boys into men...much to their parents surprise and relief....I don't like people who feel entitled... I don't like brussel sprouts either, but if someone puts them on my plate, I eat the damn things ....

gozagswoohoo
12-14-2011, 06:11 AM
I voted for myself....is that allowed? Or is it like 'crossing the streams'?

willandi
12-14-2011, 06:53 AM

I think it's only Head Coaches that can't vote for themselves...they have to get their assistants to do it!

RenoZag
12-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Since it's a multiple choice poll, I voted for two. . .

sittingon50
12-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Tainted!!

Zag4Hire
12-14-2011, 07:08 AM
None of those posters are idiots although some on there aren't entirely memorable. I know you were limited by options but I would definitely add Reno, ZagNative, DCZag, Hondo, LIZF, California Zaggin', and MedZag.

Will Make You Reconsider Your Opinion: Jazz and LIZF
Most Content: CDC and MDABE80
Make You Laugh: CalZag, Spy, and WooHoo
Best Examples of What Makes GUBoards Great: ZN, Reno, and Angelo
Generates Most Reverence: Hondo

zaguarxj
12-14-2011, 07:23 AM
I know a brussels sprouts recipe that's so good that it converted an avowed hater just last weekend. That's how good it is.

FieldHouseFishHouse
12-14-2011, 07:36 AM
I just read the posts. The handles..........meh.

ID ZAGFAN
12-14-2011, 07:53 AM
I know a brussels sprouts recipe that's so good that it converted an avowed hater just last weekend. That's how good it is.

Maybe you could post it in the Foo.

ZaGranny

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 07:56 AM
I haven't heard of Zag 779?

There is a Zag77 and a Zag79 -- maybe you morphed him into one?

No worries, I like 'em both :).

gozagswoohoo
12-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey, fun, I'm winning.

What do I win? And how many more votes do I need before I win?

Can someone build me a cake or something?

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Its now my official GUboards goal to get mentioned in a future Birddog poll.

I've got some serious work to do ;).

primal23
12-14-2011, 08:25 AM
So can we organize a twit of the year race?

gamagin
12-14-2011, 08:36 AM
just because my neighbor ran over my puppy. And laughed at my pain.

Or because I hurt my neck praying for each and every one of you during vespers, or was it those 15 hour days at the food bank. I love this country.

bballbeachbum
12-14-2011, 08:36 AM
:lmao:

Birddog
12-14-2011, 08:51 AM
To clarify: I didn't mean "everybody else" on the poll, I meant everybody else on the board.
Others in the poll should feel neither slighted nor elated.

jazzdelmar
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
any list that has me on it i don't want to be listed on.....:)

Birddog
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
any list that has me on it i don't want to be listed on.....
Sort of Grouchoesque, don't you think?

jazzdelmar
12-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Sort of Grouchoesque, don't you think?

eggs-zackly, Birdie. As in, "hello, room service? send up a room."

or....

"The car stopped with a jerk and I got off.."

yadda

BobZag
12-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Well! I am mortally offended! Mortified, I m!

JPtheBeasta
12-14-2011, 09:46 AM
I voted for Woohoo, but I was actually voting for his grandpa

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Well! I am mortally offended! Mortified, I am!

BZ, welcome to the 'idiot club'. Its really not half-bad ;).

gamagin
12-14-2011, 09:47 AM
"IF" I voted for myself, why wouldn't TWO votes register ?

Mods can enter a thread and make changes anytime as I understand it. Is it a coincidence that two mods are leading this poll ? I mean everybody else IS an IDIOT. It says so right there in the OP.

HillBillyZag
12-14-2011, 09:49 AM
'If nominated I shall not run, if elected I shall not stand!"

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 09:50 AM
'If nominated I shall not run, if elected I shall not stand!"

I nominate HBZ for President of the IC.

j/k.

JPtheBeasta
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
This poll makes me think we need some sort of end-of-the-year Dundee-like awards for GU board members (eg most pessimistic, Polyanna of the Year, most androgenouns Avatar, stuff like that)

JAGzag
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Anyone else remember when Reborn started on this board - poor guy seemed to offend everyone. Funny how things change.

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Anyone else remember when Reborn started on this board - poor guy seemed to offend everyone. Funny how things change.

"A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success."

-- Elbert Hubbard

"Continuous, unflagging effort, persistence and determination will win. Let not the man be discouraged who has these."

-- James Whitcomb Riley

gozagswoohoo
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
"A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success."

-- Elbert Hubbard

"Continuous, unflagging effort, persistence and determination will win. Let not the man be discouraged who has these."

-- James Whitcomb Riley

That quote reminds me of something my grandpa always used to say.

He'd say, "Chauncey, have you ever seen your ole granny swallow a hot dog whole, in one gulp?"

And no. I never did actually get to see that, but I'm not sure what signifigance it bore anyways.

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 10:28 AM
That quote reminds me of something my granpda always used to say.

He'd say, "Chauncey, have you ever seen your ole granny swallow a hot dog whole, in one gulp?"

And no. I never did actually get to see that, but I'm not sure what signifigance it bore anyways.

Woohoo, your G-Pa is the best! the greatest quotes I've ever yet never heard before. . .awesome.

jim77
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Really tough choice.....folks who really complete the circle on GU boards. In the end, I had to vote for the one who is responsible for me shooting green tea through my nose......WOOOOO HOOOO....hot tea at that. All are fun to read.

Demetri Awesome
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Is this for the most and most annoying posters? Polls about right... are we in the off season?

gamagin
12-14-2011, 11:10 AM
This poll makes me think we need some sort of end-of-the-year Dundee-like awards for GU board members (eg most pessimistic, Polyanna of the Year, most androgenouns Avatar, stuff like that)

most schizophrenic. It will be very close, imo. Maybe a 10-way tie.

gozagswoohoo
12-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Is this for most annoying posters? Polls about right...

OUCH!!! Right in the gizzard!!

DixieZag
12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
How can we have a poll of "non-idiots" and not have Natalie Portman on the list??? Natalie, a HUGE Zag fan, hides from her fans by playing the role of a paternal gentleman.

Natalie is as non an idiot as anyone I have ever spent a week in Tuscany with and I would pick her AGAIN for another week in St. Kitts over any of you brilliant posters, even you GraysA - but you are getting closer.

Pargo the Destroyer
12-14-2011, 12:47 PM
I voted for Woohoo, but I was actually voting for his grandpa

Seconded.

ZagFanInNC
12-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I clearly need to step my post-game up. Not even mentioned in the conversation... tough.

jazzdelmar
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
i want to thank all those who voted for me, to the other nominees in the category, all of whom are equally worthy of this award, and i want to especially thank the academy for my podium finish (it would seem, unless coach few benches me for a turnover) in this great competition.....

bartruff1
12-14-2011, 02:02 PM
A list of posters who were least tolerant of different opinions and considered posters who disagreed with them as idiots. I would think you would be mortified to be on the list !!! I was, and I will make a real effort to play nice.

gozagswoohoo
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
A list of posters who were least tolerant of different opinions and considered posters who disagreed with them as idiots. I would think you would be mortified to be on the list !!! I was, and I will make a real effort to play nice.

Ughh.....you could not be MORE wrong. I am on the list, and I NEVER disagree with anyone's posts!!

Gosh...how can you even say that....SO wrong.

bartruff1
12-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Ughh.....you could not be MORE wrong. I am on the list, and I NEVER disagree with anyone's posts!!

Gosh...how can you even say that....SO wrong.:lmao:

Well, I must be. My only excuse is that I am in the late stages of my dotage and I missed my nap...so...this must be a more positive poll and I am a idiot !!

NotoriousZ
12-14-2011, 02:58 PM

'Crossing the streams' from Ghostbusters, or like when my five-year-old son and his cousin are swordfighting at the toilet?

I voted for CDC. Him, myself, and perhaps two or three others in this place are not idiots.

Thread of the year. :000tens:

Zig-Zag
12-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I was told that everyone joining this board had to take an IQ test. Anyone scoring over 90 was disqualifed because we all had to be certified IDIOTS ti qualify!!!:eek:

Zag79
12-14-2011, 11:04 PM
:lmao:

Well, I must be. My only excuse is that I am in the late stages of my dotage and I missed my nap...so...this must be a more positive poll and I am a idiot !!

+1...