• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag4Hire
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Start Cycle

You can tell what part of the season it is by the general mood of the board. I have not not checked out the board since the beginning of the MSU game and I didn't need to check back-in because I already knew what would be posted on here. 'What is wrong with them?!' 'Few has to go' 'STOCKTON!?' 'HARRIS?!'. Same thing every season. Zags drop a game or two which is translated as the Zags failing to live up to expectations. Typically overlooked is the game is more often than not, highly competitive and the team that beat the Zags typically overperform throughout the season. Next they will win a great game, maybe against Zona or heaven forbid, Xavier. People will get pumped for WCC. Beat SMC but lose a roadie to another WCC foe and the board's proverbial wheels fall-off. Zags buckle down and win another conference title. WCC tourney begins with crazy projections of seeding and how far they will go. Zags get jobbed with a # seed and have to go to blank city. Zags do well but never well enough for some. Rinse. Repeat.

Let's not forget most schools would kill to be Gonzaga. I attached an article for perspective because it is good to remember where you have been. Just some food for thought.

IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
  • johno
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2008

There's been a lot of interesting things posted that don't fall into the categories you identify.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Zag4Hire? I wondered when you would appear to criticize us. Why do you bother to post or come to read what's on this board (however from reading your post I truly doubt that you've read what's been posted since the game). You seem to know what everyone is going to write. One thing you're not aware of is that there is also one thing that is predictable, people, like you, will come here after losses and criticize anyone who criticizes coaches or players after a loss.

What point would there be in having a forum on men's basketball if the discussion was all positive, and especially after a loss. I often wonder why people like you seem to fear criticism and perceive it as bad. Contrary to what you believe, criticism is usually something good. How would anyone ever change or get better at what they do if there was never any criticism?

I think that most of us who post here are smart enough and mature enough to know that our ideas do NOT influence either the players or the coaches or even the administration. We are a group of people who write for the fans. At least thats my belief. A basketball forum is not a newspaper. It's filled with lots of emotion (and some time a lot of it) and is sometimes filled with errors and inacurracies. I think most know that. And I think most of us enjoy it. I know I even enjoy people like you, Zag4hire, who come almost predictably to criticize fans for criticizing the coaches and players.

I think this is one of the funniest posts I've ever written
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Zag4Hire
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
        Zag4Hire? Why do you bother to post or come and read what's on this board. You seem to know what everyone is going to write. One thing you're not aware of is that there is also one thing that is predictable, people, like you, will come here after losses and criticize anyone who criticizes coaches or players after a loss.

What point would there be in having a forum on men's basketball if the discussion was all positive, and especially after a loss. I often wonder why people like you seem to fear criticism and perceive it as bad. Contrary to what you believe, criticism is usually something good. How would anyone ever change or get better at what they do if there was never any criticism?

I think that most of us who post here are smart enough and mature enough to know that our ideas do NOT influence either the players or the coaches or even the administration. We are a group of people who write for the fans. At least thats my belief. A basketball forum is not a newspaper. It's filled with lots of emotion (and some time a lot of it) and is sometimes filled with errors and inacurracies. I think most know that. And I think most of us enjoy it. I know I even enjoy people like you, Zag4hire, who come almost predictably to criticize fans for criticizing the coaches and players.
        Wow, bad day? Well written but I am not sure what you are reading. I am not an opponent of criticism, if anything, I believe the contrary. It is just interesting to see this pattern every year on this board. Doesn't make it a bad thing. Sometimes a friendly reminder that things can get better is not always bad. I find it ironic that your message is being critical of a certain type of poster, however, when you feel that a poster is being critical of you.

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Too funny, Zag4Hire! Your post really does describe the annual season on GUBoards.

Reborn, you need to re-read Z4H's post, because I think you are reading something into it that's just not there.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Zag4Hire View Post
            Wow, bad day? Well written but I am not sure what you are reading. I am not an opponent of criticism, if anything, I believe the contrary. It is just interesting to see this pattern every year on this board. Doesn't make it a bad thing. Sometimes a friendly reminder that things can get better is not always bad. I find it ironic that your message is being critical of a certain type of poster, however, when you feel that a poster is being critical of you.
            I did not read your post as a friendly reminder to us that things will get better. I read it as a reminder that after losses certain fans will criticize the coach and some players, and you seem to say that you know exactly what these people will say because you've read it enough that you can predict what they'll say, so why bother to read the board after a loss. I know some fans like to write after losses. They feel a certain passion after losses. I also think that some people see the board as a place to vent, so they do. I like to read the what fans write after the game. Most of the time I don't, but sometimes I do. I wanted to vent after the Michigan game. I felt that if I didn't I might kick the dog. (just kidding). One last thing is that I don't mind you criticizing me at all. I am quite used to it after being on this board here for over five years now. I'm glad you came to criticize the ceriticizers. I could have predicted it.

In case you missed it. I'll point out that I felt my post was quite humorous and entertaining. Did you see the green guy laughing? So, as a matter of fact, I had a really good day. One of my better ones. And I wasn't being all that "serious" like you. Did you have a bad day?
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• 04ZagFan
              Banned
              • Oct 2011

Zag4Hire? I wondered when you would appear to criticize us. Why do you bother to post or come to read what's on this board (however from reading your post I truly doubt that you've read what's been posted since the game). You seem to know what everyone is going to write. One thing you're not aware of is that there is also one thing that is predictable, people, like you, will come here after losses and criticize anyone who criticizes coaches or players after a loss.

I think this is one of the funniest posts I've ever written
              Post of the year!!!

Comment

• kclubfounder
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Zag4Hire View Post
                You can tell what part of the season it is by the general mood of the board. I have not not checked out the board since the beginning of the MSU game and I didn't need to check back-in because I already knew what would be posted on here. 'What is wrong with them?!' 'Few has to go' 'STOCKTON!?' 'HARRIS?!'. Same thing every season. Zags drop a game or two which is translated as the Zags failing to live up to expectations. Typically overlooked is the game is more often than not, highly competitive and the team that beat the Zags typically overperform throughout the season. Next they will win a great game, maybe against Zona or heaven forbid, Xavier. People will get pumped for WCC. Beat SMC but lose a roadie to another WCC foe and the board's proverbial wheels fall-off. Zags buckle down and win another conference title. WCC tourney begins with crazy projections of seeding and how far they will go. Zags get jobbed with a # seed and have to go to blank city. Zags do well but never well enough for some. Rinse. Repeat.

Let's not forget most schools would kill to be Gonzaga. I attached an article for perspective because it is good to remember where you have been. Just some food for thought.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...7130/index.htm
                Post of the year +1.

Comment

• kclubfounder
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2007

Perhaps I should have said post of the year +31.

Get it?

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

I did not read your post as a friendly reminder to us that things will get better. I read it as a reminder that after losses certain fans will criticize the coach and some players, and you seem to say that you know exactly what these people will say because you've read it enough that you can predict what they'll say, so why bother to read the board after a loss. I know some fans like to write after losses. They feel a certain passion after losses. I also think that some people see the board as a place to vent, so they do. I like to read the what fans write after the game. Most of the time I don't, but sometimes I do. I wanted to vent after the Michigan game. I felt that if I didn't I might kick the dog. (just kidding). One last thing is that I don't mind you criticizing me at all. I am quite used to it after being on this board here for over five years now. I'm glad you came to criticize the ceriticizers. I could have predicted it.

In case you missed it. I'll point out that I felt my post was quite humorous and entertaining. Did you see the green guy laughing? So, as a matter of fact, I had a really good day. One of my better ones. And I wasn't being all that "serious" like you. Did you have a bad day?
                    "I wondered when you would appear to criticize us."
                    "I could have predicted it."

Reborn, didn't know I was on your radar for some reason or another. Also you appear to be taking this quite personal. I stayed away from the boards because I was pretty furious and I felt the performance sucked. I thought the gameplan was predictable and ineffective. I didn't want to go on the boards because I thought I would feel worse. You did? Great, here's a cookie. People can post whatever they want. That was not my point. I was talking about the ebb and flow of the season more or less being the same over the past few years. I think we just need to remind ourselves sometimes, myself included. Take it for what it is worth and switch to decaf.

Comment

• kclubfounder
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Gray'sAnatomy
                      Can't we all just get along?

And by get along I mean smooch each other and whisper sweet nothings about the zags into each other's ears?

I love everyone.
                      If you are going to make a post like this, please change your avatar. Please.

Comment

• zag buddy
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2007

Zag4hire, I am basically in ageement with you. I have noticed in myself a waning of good feelings in reading the board. It would be nice to get more of an uplift in feelings after reading the comments. Everything does'n't have to relate to perfectionism about the team. I would like to see a lot more humor on the board and not who knows more about basketball than someone else. We are all fans, lets enjoy the experience and lighten up a bit on the seriousness. enjoy the team and watch the young men grow. Happy hollidays to all.

Comment

• zagfan1970
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by reborn View Post
                          zag4hire? I wondered when you would appear to criticize us. Why do you bother to post or come to read what's on this board (however from reading your post i truly doubt that you've read what's been posted since the game). You seem to know what everyone is going to write. One thing you're not aware of is that there is also one thing that is predictable, people, like you, will come here after losses and criticize anyone who criticizes coaches or players after a loss.

I think that most of us who post here are smart enough and mature enough to know that our ideas do not influence either the players or the coaches or even the administration. We are a group of people who write for the fans. At least thats my belief. A basketball forum is not a newspaper. It's filled with lots of emotion (and some time a lot of it) and is sometimes filled with errors and inacurracies. I think most know that. And i think most of us enjoy it. I know i even enjoy people like you, zag4hire, who come almost predictably to criticize fans for criticizing the coaches and players.

I think this is one of the funniest posts i've ever written
                          +100

Comment

• BobZag
                            Dark Lord of the Zag
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by johno View Post
                            There's been a lot of interesting things posted that don't fall into the categories you identify.
                            Your avatar gives me the creeps. Damn shapeshifter.
                            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
                            X