PDA

View Full Version : Izzo on Gonzaga crowd/Atmosphere

Sparty On
12-13-2011, 12:27 PM
"I will say this, and I would think the people that were with us (at Gonzaga) would agree. That was an incredible atmosphere our there. Incredible. Maybe as good as any I've been in ... Our team's got some work to do and I think especially our students have some work to do, and maybe Christmas can be the time we all start improving."

-Tom Izzo

LongIslandZagFan
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Fixed you up right as new SpartyOn... Also thanks... Thought the Kennel Club was awesome last weekend myself.

gozagswoohoo
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow, very cool. Nice words from one of my favorite coaches.....coach's.....coa....guys who coach a basketball team.

Radbooks
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM
I hope we can do another home and home series with them. I admire Izzo and enjoy watching his teams play, except I want to beat them next time! :)

sittingon50
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks Sparty. I don't get to very many other venues so it's nice to know how The Kennel stacks up.

Bogozags
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
I hope we can do another home and home series with them. I admire Izzo and enjoy watching his teams play, except I want to beat them next time! :)

I might very well be mistaken, but thought this was a four game series...anyone?

sittingon50
12-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Hadn't heard that.

Reborn
12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
I might very well be mistaken, but thought this was a four game series...anyone?

Just two games.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-13-2011, 07:13 PM
I would love to have ongoing home and home series with Illinois and MSU. Wake would have been a good one to travel out east every other year. I hope Few and Izzo work something out, even if it's between the Palace of Auburn Hills and The Spokane Arena. Great series.

dazags
12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I over heard two MSU fans in the men's room during a second half timeout. One commented to the other-"This is an awesome arena. I hope they invite us back." I agree, the place was rockin'!

DixieZag
12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
If we went there and played with WCC refs, we would need to suit up all the red-shirts, managers and hope the women's team played a game against their women's team in the afternoon b/c our WCC refs would foul out every scholarship athlete in the game, including some MSU football players who cheered too hard. Fortunately, IF we had our women's team there, I think they would help us get the win.

SWZag
12-13-2011, 10:29 PM
I over heard two MSU fans in the men's room during a second half timeout. One commented to the other-"This is an awesome arena. I hope they invite us back." I agree, the place was rockin'!

+1 The MAC is getting a name for itself!

I could play Izzo and Co. every year.

SWZag

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-14-2011, 04:46 AM
I'm glad to see that the home crowd is getting some of that old mojo back. It looked pretty flat at times over the past couple of years. They looked and sounded great for ND and MSU. They'll need to bring that same intensity for ORU on Thursday.

bartruff1
12-14-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm glad to see that the home crowd is getting some of that old mojo back. It looked pretty at times over the past couple of years. They looked and sounded great for ND and MSU. They'll need to bring that same intensity for ORU on Thursday. If you can't get excited about this home schedule you are just never going to get excited about being part of the journey.. this is unbelievable... I can't imagine we will ever have a better one...thank you Jud and Tom and Mark.. Chrismass came early...

sittingon50
12-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Really not sure what the student turnout will be for ORU. Finals this week & kids hitting the road.

kramzag
12-14-2011, 09:53 AM
+1 The MAC is getting a name for itself!

I could play Izzo and Co. every year.

SWZag

+1 Let the Gonzaga-Michigan State rivalry begin!

Baldwinzag
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Love the press & recognition, yet a potential issue is Coach Brey & Coach Izzo may feel our atmosphere is a little too good/rowdy/loud to risk playing in. Brey echoed similar comments following ND's 20pt loss. . .most schools don't return to the Kennel, unless they have to. . .:)

That said, maybe their respect & admirations for our arena & crowd will entice them to challenge their teams before Conference season/March Madness.