PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies

bostonzagfan
12-13-2011, 12:06 PM
I would like to apologize for my posts on this forum following the MSU game on Saturday night. I let my emotions get the better of me, which was wrong. I was immature, foolish, disrespectful, and inconsiderate in my postings. I would especially like to apologize to any players, coaches, and any other GU staff who may have read my posts. I can only hope to be forgiven as I now realize the mistake I made. I will do a better job of keeping my posts respectful in the future, and will try not to let my emotions get the better of me.

I read something in the stickies that stuck with me - post as if you were saying it to the player's face. I will keep that one in mind when I post, and I think everyone should as well.

I still think this is a great team and believe the tournament run will continue. But, I would still be a fan even if they didn't win a game for the rest of the season.

Go Zags.

*Sorry if this thread does not belong here, but seeing as how this is the only place I post I figured it should go here.

DixieZag
12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
We all post things in the heat of the "aftergame" that we wish we could take back.

Very few - myself included, apologize when the dust settles. Keep cheering, have faith, and remember that we are lucky to have the guys and coaches that we have, I would rather miss the tournament, and finish in the bottom of the conference with a team that plays 100% than have an incident like Xavier/Cincy.

webspinnre
12-13-2011, 12:24 PM
You aren't the first to regret a post, and certainly won't be the last. However, you had the courage to apologize, which certainly says something.

77Zag
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
You aren't the first to regret a post, and certainly won't be the last. However, you had the courage to apologize, which certainly says something.

+1 Amen

I'm waiting for the Xavier team and coach to apologize to the college hoops world.

LongIslandZagFan
12-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Do what I do... Albeit I do it for different reasons... Avoid the board after a loss, heck even a win, for at least a day... Sometimes more.

gu03alum
12-13-2011, 01:26 PM
I have a 3 beer rule. If I haven't had at least 3 beers I don't post.

TheZagPhish
12-13-2011, 01:43 PM
To deal with a loss I quietly make things. Like cocktails. And Foo posts.

Bogozags
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Do what I do... Albeit I do it for different reasons... Avoid the board after a loss, heck even a win, for at least a day... Sometimes more.

Now, I like that idea... :)

kclubfounder
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Boston,

I just read your posts and the only one that was after the game was 2 little words that we all have uttered on numerous occasions. Or at least all of us who have been around very long and are passionate.

The other comments were during the game and in the heat of the moment.

Don't beat yourself up.

bostonzagfan
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Boston,

I just read your posts and the only one that was after the game was 2 little words that we all have uttered on numerous occasions. Or at least all of us who have been around very long and are passionate.

The other comments were during the game and in the heat of the moment.

Don't beat yourself up.

that was the only one post game which was not deleted.

the kind words and advice are appreciated

allnet59
12-13-2011, 05:55 PM
We all wanna be arm chair coaches and we like to voice are opinions especially after a loss. It called being a sports fan folks. We have all posted something negative in the minutes after a loss by either picking on a player who we feel didn't play to OUR expectations and or to pick on the coaches move during a close game. Can u imagine how they must feel after a game and then to read us busting there balls on the internet. I have to remember there only young men doing what they love and providing us with their talents and dedication to the game. We might never win the pinnacle ncaa championship but we win everytime we get the chance to watch them on tv and in person. Can u imagine life without this kind of program here in our neck of the woods. Life would be very boring for five months of the year. Zags fans are some of the best fans in all of college sports.

ID ZAGFAN
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
:p
We all wanna be arm chair coaches and we like to voice are opinions especially after a loss. It called being a sports fan folks. We have all posted something negative in the minutes after a loss by either picking on a player who we feel didn't play to OUR expectations and or to pick on the coaches move during a close game. Can u imagine how they must feel after a game and then to read us busting there balls on the internet. I have to remember there only young men doing what they love and providing us with their talents and dedication to the game. We might never win the pinnacle ncaa championship but we win everytime we get the chance to watch them on tv and in person. Can u imagine life without this kind of program here in our neck of the woods. Life would be very boring for five months of the year. Zags fans are some of the best fans in all of college sports.

+ 1,000,000

We were Zag fans when we lived in Colorado (following their Elite 8 run), but did not get to see many games on TV. When we retired to Sandpoint in 2003, we realized we were going to be able to replace our Broncos, Rockies, and Avalanche (none of whom are on TV here very often) with the Zags. They (the Zags and Lady Zags) have become our chief entertainment for the winter, both live and on TV.

Thank you, Zags and Lady Zags.

PS: When I see the title of this thread I think of Brenda Lee: I'm sorry, so sorry, please accept my apologies. She sang at my HS in Fairbanks, I think 1962.

ZaGranny

Pargo the Destroyer
12-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Way to man up. Upward and onward. No harm no foul.

MickMick
12-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I still have belief.

Sacre is the man, but the newcomers will carry the day.

I just hope that Few schemes offense that goes through them.

He has not so far.

Free up Pangos for "catch n shoot" opportunities. He isn't as accurate when he has to put the ball on the floor.
Have Bell put the ball on the floor and drive.
Loosen up the opposing defense so the post feeds become easy.
As it is, opponenets game plan a "clog the middle" strategy to stop Rob.
Meanwhile, we force feed passes into the teeth of that strategy.
Spangler can't be much worse than our current PF has been.
Landry-Edie cannot become eligible soon enough.
Stockton and Hart have carried their share of the load.

I still have the belief.

The newcomers will carry the day.

awberke
12-13-2011, 08:25 PM
At times i think fans take losses even more seriously than coaches or even players do.

Better to have passionate fans rather than not.

I'm not sure about the 3 beer rule though, not only do you type what you normally wouldn't, you spell poorly, and that's just not fair to the rest of us.

bballbeachbum
12-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I would like to apologize for my posts on this forum following the MSU game on Saturday night. I let my emotions get the better of me, which was wrong. I was immature, foolish, disrespectful, and inconsiderate in my postings. I would especially like to apologize to any players, coaches, and any other GU staff who may have read my posts. I can only hope to be forgiven as I now realize the mistake I made. I will do a better job of keeping my posts respectful in the future, and will try not to let my emotions get the better of me.

I read something in the stickies that stuck with me - post as if you were saying it to the player's face. I will keep that one in mind when I post, and I think everyone should as well.

I still think this is a great team and believe the tournament run will continue. But, I would still be a fan even if they didn't win a game for the rest of the season.

Go Zags.

*Sorry if this thread does not belong here, but seeing as how this is the only place I post I figured it should go here.

cheers mate

GO ZAGS!!!

ZagLawGrad
12-14-2011, 09:37 AM
It's just a game. Albeit one fully capable of easily pi#*ing one off.

gamagin
12-14-2011, 09:40 AM

Go Zags.

well said.

JPtheBeasta
12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
I still have belief.

Sacre is the man, but the newcomers will carry the day.

I just hope that Few schemes offense that goes through them.

He has not so far.

Free up Pangos for "catch n shoot" opportunities. He isn't as accurate when he has to put the ball on the floor.
Have Bell put the ball on the floor and drive.
Loosen up the opposing defense so the post feeds become easy.
As it is, opponenets game plan a "clog the middle" strategy to stop Rob.
Meanwhile, we force feed passes into the teeth of that strategy.
Spangler can't be much worse than our current PF has been.
Landry-Edie cannot become eligible soon enough.
Stockton and Hart have carried their share of the load.

I still have the belief.

The newcomers will carry the day.

That pretty much sums things up for me. I just wanted to add that Few did mention on his show that the players weren't following the game plan on entry passes (trying to make the past on the "first side" instead of moving the ball around). Also, they weren't playing screens the way they had game-planned and 3 of Green's 3-pointers came off of these mis-played situations. It cooled me down a bit, because I was very frustrated with the coaching after that last game.