PDA

View Full Version : We need 5 Austin Daye's.

gu03alum
12-13-2011, 03:50 AM
The End.

jazzdelmar
12-13-2011, 04:05 AM
The End.

Best u start to cheer for Kentucky then, ain't happening here.

bartruff1
12-13-2011, 04:35 AM
We need one Mark Few....even if he can't recruit, can't teach, can't schedule, can't coach a game , can't get the kids to fight, can't win more than 80% of his games, can't tell us the truth and can't get a job anywhere else....I am afraid we are stuck...

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Best u start to cheer for Kentucky then, ain't happening here.

Few did his best recruiting ever to put together the team we had while Austin was here. Daye was a Top 30 recruit. Downs was a McD's All American who was offered by Kansas and a host of blue bloods. Pargo was the Chicago H.S. player of the year and declined offers from a handful of Big Ten schools. Heytveldt was intensely recruited by the PAC 10 schools and Bouldin was offered by multiple teams from the PAC 10 and Big 12. Sixth Man Grey was a Top 100 recruit. Medical Redshirt Sacre was a Top 100 recruit.

It would be nice to have that much talent on campus every year, but we usually have to be content to win 25 games with overachieving hustle guys.

Zagpower
12-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Can we just add one guy to our team that has a bigger butt than I?

jazzdelmar
12-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Few did his best recruiting ever to put together the team we had while Austin was here. Daye was a Top 30 recruit. Downs was a McD's All American who was offered by Kansas and a host of blue bloods. Pargo was the Chicago H.S. player of the year and declined offers from a handful of Big Ten schools. Heytveldt was intensely recruited by the PAC 10 schools and Bouldin was offered by multiple teams from the PAC 10 and Big 12. Sixth Man Grey was a Top 100 recruit. Medical Redshirt Sacre was a Top 100 recruit.

It would be nice to have that much talent on campus every year, but we usually have to be content to win 25 games with overachieving hustle guys.

i get your point, but he said 5 dayes and only ky, dook and nc do that....top 50s and 100s are fodder for them....

Reborn
12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Jazz is right. We are Gonzaga University and not Kentucky, Duke or North Carolina and Michigan St: or UCONN, Ohio State, Pittsburg, Florida, University of Washington, UCLA and Indiana. We will never get five 5 star or even 4 star players at Gonzaga. And I believe that the pride of being a Zag is that they can compete at the major level without the talent that those major universities have.

I would like to be on this year's Gonzaga team. I know these guys are fired up. They are now ranked #5 amongst their mid-major peers. I think that this ranking is worse then being unranked in the major polls like USA-ESPN or the AP. I have a deep gut feeling that these Zags are not laying down but will be fighting back real soon, like on Saturday.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-13-2011, 06:45 AM
I have a deep gut feeling that these Zags are not laying down but will be fighting back real soon, like on Saturday.

I hope they're fighting back on Thursday night. Oral Roberts is pretty good.

bartruff1
12-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I follow the College Insider, where a group of coaches rank the top 25 Mid Majors and after the MSU game, Gonzaga is ranked 9th...like any pre or early season poll things can change...but I prefer this poll to the one at the BR.

Reborn
12-13-2011, 07:11 AM
thanks, bartruff1. The lower the better, because the Zags will be more fired up this week. And Im sorry I overlooked the Oral Roberts game. Oooops. Yes. They must get ready for a tough game on Thursday.

bartruff1
12-13-2011, 07:18 AM
As the latest battle in the 100 Years War...

Vanzagger
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM

forget Pendo. He was the best player in the state and everybody knows how basketball rich Washington has been the last 10 years.

The problem. We wasted that talent by having guys play out of position. I get trying to keep guys happy but are we ever going to win a Sweet 16 game?

Bouldin at the 3 and Pendo at the 4? Doesn't give us the best chance. Play big not small. If they get around us sometimes who cares. We have more length behind to swat.

Vanzagger
12-13-2011, 01:04 PM
more things change the more they stay the same.

maynard g krebs
12-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I could be wrong, but it looks like the OP was a slightly sarcastic response to the "we need 5 David Stocktons" thread. And the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Timeout!
12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
when Austin Daye was a Zag, he most definitely could have used more 5 Guys in his diet. skin & bones.

Just_An_Old_Zag
12-13-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd rather have 5 Austin Daye's the 2 Tu Holloways