PDA

View Full Version : Can Guy be our savior?

zagfan1
12-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I wondering if the activation of Guy will be a big key and will solve some of our issues that we are experiencing? Does anyone know if Guy is practicing with the team in terms of game preparation? I am wondering if our chemistry issues has to do with him being a part of the practice and when it comes to game time this missing link is throwing the team off?

Reborn
12-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Zagfan1 Gonzaga is not that bad. Imo they don't need a Savior. They just need a little help. I think he will bring the help we need. I think the Zags will better and if we had had him, imo, we would be undefeated rigth now.

I really don't know how ready he is to play right now. We'll have to wait and see. I know he's been practicing but don't know if he's been practicing with the first or starting team. I think it's going to take a little bit of time.

ZagLawGrad
12-11-2011, 01:10 PM
He's unproven at this level of competition. We've heard the same kind of hype about some players in the past who failed, and then left the program.

I'll ONLY believe that he will have a significant impact when I actually see it. And that means more than a couple of games to prove it.

I hope he does prove it.

allnet59
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Law grad... my feelings as well I hate it when we just assume he's going to be the missing link when no one has seen him play one minute yet. I think the same was said about kp after the wsu game and he was going to be the new best thing at point guard. Time will tell for both players and I hope he's as good as the YouTube highlight reel dunks. I have to keep telling myself not to get to caught up in the hype myself being a zags fan.

roxdoc
12-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't think we should expect an "Ammo like" impact by Landry. What I hope to see is that he can fill the big hole we have at the wing. Coach may ease him in, a la Bell. Just a credible performance at the position on both O and D will have a positive impact on the other positions.

Therunner
12-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Michael Jordan buys Guy Landry's shoes.

Timeout!
12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Guy Landry and Chuck Norris once had a talk. Chuck Norris walked away a better man.

BobZag
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Messiah.

Mantua
12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
So after Guy's first game is there going to be a thread blaming him for a loss? Or are you all going to wait until after the Xavier game to pull that stunt?

sittingon50
12-11-2011, 02:22 PM
One game will be enough for a lot of folks, tua.

Ezag
12-11-2011, 02:23 PM
So after Guy's first game is there going to be a thread blaming him for a loss? Or are you all going to wait until after the Xavier game to pull that stunt?

Why wait until his first game? I already blame him for the 2 loses we have so far....and I don't like his stance on Global Warming.

pbriz
12-11-2011, 03:00 PM
As long as he can hold a player like Draymond Green to 26 pts instead of 34 I will be happy because thats all it would have taken to win.

A to Zags
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
911 lists Guy as their emergency contact.
(borrowed from Dos Equus)

Baldwinzag
12-11-2011, 03:11 PM
911 lists Guy as their emergency contact.
(borrowed from Dos Equis)

Speaking of the 'most interesting man in the World'...

"I don't always watch basketball, but when I do, I prefer Guy Landry."

zagfan1
12-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I have to say that is pretty funny lol!

sittingon50
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
what this team needs is Tim Tebow!

:p

04ZagFan
12-11-2011, 07:14 PM

The guy is an absolutely terrible NFL QB.... That said, Jesus must love the Denver Broncos. The ball just bounces their way... And their defense is really good.

We don't need Guy to be our savior. Another great athlete with good size would be awesome though... Limit mistakes and run a little more offense through Bell, and get our shooters more looks from 3 and we could be a damn good team.. Unfortunately, "limiting mistakes" and "Gonzaga" haven't gone well together in the last several years.

zagitup
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Guy Landry and Chuck Norris once had a talk. Chuck Norris walked away a better man.

Oh Boy... let's not start this again.

I recall a thread a couple of years ago on this board similar to the way this one is heading, with Bol Kong as the savior/subject, complete with funny Chuck Norris comparisons. We all know how that one turned out.

:fingergun:

CDC84
12-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Even if you're skeptical, it would sure be nice to have Guy as an available option. Right now, he isn't one.

GU is in desperate need of an athletic wing who can defend. It's one of the two major things that's hurting the team right now.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-11-2011, 09:18 PM
As long as he can hold a player like Draymond Green to 26 pts instead of 34 I will be happy because thats all it would have taken to win.

Well said.

zagfan1970
12-12-2011, 11:15 AM

I don't know if my stomach or heart could handle being down by 10 with 2 minutes left every game!!! Especially to Pepperdine at home.

zagfan1970
12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
The guy is an absolutely terrible NFL QB.... That said, Jesus must love the Denver Broncos. The ball just bounces their way... And their defense is really good.

We don't need Guy to be our savior. Another great athlete with good size would be awesome though... Limit mistakes and run a little more offense through Bell, and get our shooters more looks from 3 and we could be a damn good team.. Unfortunately, "limiting mistakes" and "Gonzaga" haven't gone well together in the last several years.

Trent Dilfer was not great, but he got a ring, by simply NOT LOSING the game for the Ravens. Dilfer's game stats were 12 completions for 153 yards and 1 TD. His QB rating that year- 76.6, 12 TD's vs. 11 INT. Tebow- 11TD vs 2INT, 517 yds rushing, 3 TD and a QB rating of 83.9. AND he is a WINNER!!! and refreshingly HUMBLE!!!

That puts him ahead of Cam Newton, Matt Hasselback, Mark Sanchez, and Michael Vick

75Zag
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I only took the required minimum of Theology classes at GU (4 semesters I think) but you guys are taxing my brain. Bol Kong was the 2nd Coming of Christ, Tim Tebow is the Holy Spirit, so if Guy-L is our savior, does that mean Guy-L replaces God? They do have the same number of letters in their names. Hmmmmm.

And if Guy does not replace God, how do you fit 4 guys into 3 positions. Do they have red shirts in Heaven? Surely Few can't pressure Bol Kong to transfer from Heaven can he? This is going to take a lot more thinking. Or perhaps a lot more drinking. I get them confused.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

zagfan1970
12-12-2011, 11:40 AM
I only took the required minimum of Theology classes at GU (4 semesters I think) but you guys are taxing my brain. Bol Kong was the 2nd Coming of Christ, Tim Tebow is the Holy Spirit, so if Guy-L is our savior, does that mean Guy-L replaces God? They do have the same number of letters in their names. Hmmmmm.

And if Guy does not replace God, how do you fit 4 guys into 3 positions. Do they have red shirts in Heaven? Surely Few can't pressure Bol Kong to transfer from Heaven can he? This is going to take a lot more thinking. Or perhaps a lot more drinking. I get them confused.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

zagzilla
12-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Apparently whatever he did was 8 times worse than what I saw Tu Holloway pull Saturday.

Having 8 games taken from him to start the season means he is behind no matter how hard he works in practice.

I heard one of the coaches say that Landry-Edi is a "grown man" which means we will have a more physical option on the wing which we need.

Hart is averaging almost 6 boards a game. If Landry can do the same, score a bit and play some defense, I'm happy.

Landry's brightest moments may not come until the second half of the WCC schedule, though.

ZZ

ZagWhoShotLibertyValance
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
sheesh, zagzilla, taking shots at the ncaa, as if it were some nonsensical, self-appointed, posse of blowhards dedicated to one thing, the perpetuation of the ncaa. (and no, the ncaa is not college basketball-- the ncaa is an organization that appointed itself to police college athletics and for reasons that remain inexplicable remains with authoritative control).

Beyond that, the central problem with GU this whole season (and we have known this since preseason hype began) is that we have no '3'

Mike Hart is an adequate defensive replacement for a player we do not have.

Landry is going to be the man, fairly soon. We simply do not have a '3' on the roster and by most estimates, Landry, though late to the dinner table, will still have enough to displace Mr. Hart. For more brutal abuse of the latter, we can return you to the other thread on the subject.

and no matter what you think of my name, i think zagzilla is sillier. even if you are right. most of the time.