PDA

View Full Version : Turnovers, and I'm not talking apple ones...

AzZag
12-11-2011, 07:44 AM
20 of them. And that killed us. And there were times where we went 2 or 3 consecutive series with turnovers that led to points for Sparty in the second half.
Plus they had a great game plan to attack or weak zone. They obviously watched film on Rob when he flashes on a screen at the top of the key and looks like a fish out of water. He is too slow to rotate back. He and Elias either get a dumb blocking foul WAY out on top or get burned by quick ball rotation.
Drives me nuts everytime.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Our offense looked like these guys have barely played together. There seemed to be a general lack of familiarity with where and how guys moved on the floor. I can't remember one pass that lead to an easy bucket at the rim.

Hoopaholic
12-11-2011, 08:59 AM
1. we have only played a few games together

2. It is not Sacre issue that is killing us on the high hedge jump on pick and roll it is the weakside rotation and secondary rotation after the initial pass

MickMick
12-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Trying to feed the ball inside. Throwing the ball into the briar patch.

Sheesh. Let the game come to you.

Time for Bell to start gunning from outside until the passing lanes open up.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM

What makes it worse is throwing the ball in the post essentially ends our offensive set. No assists or effective kick outs coming from our bigs right now. It's shot or turnover.

BobZag
12-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Freshman and sophomore backcourt = turnovers, inconsistency, iffy defense... A couple upperclsassmen aren't getting it done, which is hurting.

Time.

Birddog
12-11-2011, 09:54 AM
A couple upperclsassmen aren't getting it done, which is hurting.

Amen

zagfan1
12-11-2011, 11:01 AM
At the end of the game Sacre made that foul as the shot clock was winding down for Mich State. That is just a no no no no. What was he thinking??? Even the announcers were saying that was one thing that you shouldn't do. Also, he cannot revert to his prior year habits of getting stuck with 3 guys on him and not being able to look for the open man. Gotta to be in the game mentally....

Harris forced too many shots. Maybe a few more kickouts would have been good if it wasn't there for him to shoot it.

Stockton, for as good as he played, he made too many mistakes and he didn't hit his free throws. He should not be forcing things inside if it is not there.

Pangos made rookie mistakes. Especially dribbling on the baseline at the very end of the game.

Hart, got to keep paying attention to the shot clock. That was embarrasing when he didn't realize where the shot clock was on that play.

Bell played well. Very big bright spot.

Dower, I don't know what he was thinking for those offensive fouls he committed trying to get position. Really needs to understand better what is legal and what is not.

Carter, he seems lost and out of touch with the rest of the team.

Few, I think he did a good job with the in game coaching. But he needs to really make it concrete with Sacre that a senior should not be making a lot of mental mistakes.

jim77
12-11-2011, 11:41 AM

Time for Bell to start gunning from outside until the passing lanes open up.

Briar patch...good description.

gamagin
12-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Shooters need to shoot
All that chemistry needs to blend in to a TEAM
Bigs MUST learn to "play" basketball, versus act like tight ends with only one offensive play. It's smart to dish at times and move in for the put back. Just like in the real game.
There is no I in team. Live as a team. Play as a team. Win or lose, as a team.