PDA

View Full Version : 09 Recuit Offers?

spudzag
07-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Are Few & Co. trying to get an 09 kid or two to commit early? Are we recruiting at too high to get any of these kids early before they blow-up?

CDC84
07-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Peyton Siva has been offered......

BobZag
07-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Few will get them as soon as possible. I mean, if Gaddy or Siva or Bradley or Jared Cunningham wanted to commit now, the staff would accept in a nano-second. I think they are pushing as hard as they can. My feeling is, 2009 is just so loaded with what GU wants/needs, with many top recruits right here in WA, that GU has to go for them. If UW or Cal or Oregon or USC go after top flight recruits, why not GU? Few and GU have done better than any of those.

Keep in mind, out of all the 2009 targets, the Zags only need to get a couple backcourt players and maybe one big or wing to go with Brock Osweiler. So while GU won't get them all, just a couple is all we need.

And as a sidenote... If GU doesn't get Clarke (or Gibbs), a Juco PG would be my preference, to serve as a bridge from Pargo/Bouldin to the 2009 PGs. And our staff is extremely well-connected to the national Juco scene.

:)

Nevtelen
07-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Everyone looses more than they win in recruiting, but I'm pretty optimistic for 09 from the sounds of things. There are a lot of fantastic recruits out there. The whole situation just seems taylor made to be just about what GU needs.

I would hope we land Clarke or Gibbs and don't need to think about other options. But I'd be pretty nervous handing the offense over to a JUCo guard - it's pretty complex to learn in a year. If 08-09 is the year GU fans are thinking big things... well, any JUCo guy would have to be one heck of a baller.

LynetteG
07-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Peyton Siva has been offered......

http://xavier.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=689521
Peyton Siva has offers from Washington and Gonzaga. He is also listing Arizona, Louisville and UCLA.

Seattle Rotary Select has a couple prospects in Mark McLaughlin and Peyton Siva who continue to impress. McLaughlin has a surprising burst to go along with his legitimate 6-foot-5 height at the shooting guard position. He has consistently scored the ball well off the dribble.

Siva, a top guard in the 2009 class, shoots the ball extremely well from deep, both off the dribble and the catch. He also excels at finishing tough lay ups in traffic.