PDA

View Full Version : Dakich

jazzdelmar
12-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Dakich was great. Best analyst in long time. No Bardo man crushes, Dykes hypes, Ehlo... If you listened carefully to his critiques on Harris and Pangos and Sacre the overall message is that this is not a very good team right now. Can't argue with that.

ZagMan in Philly
12-11-2011, 04:05 AM
Yes Dakich was great, i enjoyed his analysis, and not how our veterans played last night. We will struggle to win against good teams, unless they come to play. The next two games scare me big time...hope they will find a way to win.
Jazz, give Stockton some love....

Birddog
12-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Couldn't agree more Jazz, I'd like to hear him again sometime. Painfully (sometimes) honest.

jazzdelmar
12-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Yes Dakich was great, i enjoyed his analysis, and not how our veterans played last night. We will struggle to win against good teams, unless they come to play. The next two games scare me big time...hope they will find a way to win.
Jazz, give Stockton some love....

stocks has guts, thats his strong suit. just about everyone else plays tentative, if not scared. bell turned down a dozen looks in the 2nd half. compare that to mich st players who came down and popped. dont know if thats coaching or just nerves. one thing: zag players rarely develop but its clear stocks has. nice to have a really great coach in the house, eh? :)

bartruff1
12-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Dakich must be a coach...He was terriffic...so was Stockton...

ZagMan in Philly
12-11-2011, 05:09 AM
stocks has guts, thats his strong suit. just about everyone else plays tentative, if not scared. bell turned down a dozen looks in the 2nd half. compare that to mich st players who came down and popped. dont know if thats coaching or just nerves. one thing: zag players rarely develop but its clear stocks has. nice to have a really great coach in the house, eh? :)

Good write up on stockton jazz...by the way did u catch the nova vs temple yesterday? It was a backyard brawl.

23dpg
12-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Dakich was great. Best analyst in long time. No Bardo man crushes, Dykes hypes, Ehlo... If you listened carefully to his critiques on Harris and Pangos and Sacre the overall message is that this is not a very good team right now. Can't argue with that.

+1 on Dakich. He's the best announcer I've heard in a long time.
This is an OK team right now. As Few said earlier, they're just not very athletic and that is evident. I think time will help gel this team and Guy will give a little boost of athleticism.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Hold on! While he was well prepared, it didn't seem he was actually watching the game. Anyone else notice how we went to Sacre 5 out of 6 possessions and he followed it up by saying "they aren't going to Sacre, they really need to go to Sacre." IT WASN'T WORKING!!! There were several times that he didn't make a whole lot of sense, but his preparation was awesome. I don't think he would do as many games if he didn't sound exactly like Bob Knight.

Ekrub
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50285_272396358171_1287628_n.jpg

zagfan1
12-11-2011, 11:16 AM
I think Dakich meant the zags needed to have some more movement around the perimeter so that Sacre could get open. That didn't happen.

maynard g krebs
12-11-2011, 02:06 PM
stocks has guts, thats his strong suit. just about everyone else plays tentative, if not scared. bell turned down a dozen looks in the 2nd half. compare that to mich st players who came down and popped. dont know if thats coaching or just nerves.

Bell took a lot of tough, borderline forced shots in hs because he had to. He was very aggressive offensively in hs- opposite of now. My guess is he's trying to please the coaches by taking only very high percentage shots that come within the flow of the offense. I think he's 9-12 from the field the last 3 games, including 3's. He doesn't need to shoot 75%- 50 would be fine. He definitely needs to pull the trigger w/ less hesitation.

In hs, more than once I saw him bring the ball up and just pull up and stick a 25 footer if his defender backed off a step. My guess is the way he's playing is a result of coaching, and the emphasis on running everything through the post.

BC1210is
12-11-2011, 02:46 PM
As usual, I agree with most of Jazz's thoughts, as I said in my post it felt almost like watching the game with a coach who was pointing out many of both team's mistakes. Yeah, he wasn't perfect saying every time Sacre was the answer which clearly he needed more help this game.

Overall, we have young guards and are playing like it early on in the year which everyone who was reasonable with the expections this year realized. Sure we hoped Pangos would knock down 9 threes every game and Bell would play like a senior but it was not going to happen. I see this team as one that will improve greatly by the end of the year but like the typical Zags team that will likely win WCC and lose before the sweet sixteen. What is exciting is to see 2 young great players getting big minutes so early on. For us to have any chance in the tourney we need Sacre and Harris to step up and play well consistently. Obviously we need Landry to be Hart with offense but I am not too optimistic that he will be the savior we are hoping for. If and it is a big if, we recruit a great big and wing then we have a shot to go deeper in the tourney in the future.