PDA

View Full Version : Meehan: Gonzaga gears up for Michigan St

Therunner
12-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Get TOUGHER.

Its the message this week by the Coaches and the primary key to victory. If we aren't prepared to compete & fight(quite literally) every possession, it could be a blow-out. Sincerely hope the Coaches & Players have a smarter game plan on defense than they did vs Illinois. Illini scored less than half the pts they scored on us vs St. Bonnies the other night --.

“Hardnosed, toughness,” freshman guard Gary Bell Jr. said. “They’re going to try to come out and push us around. We can’t let that happen. They go to the offensive boards very hard.”

Coach Izzo: “In some ways, maybe the guard play is a little more sporadic than those great, great guard teams he had, but the inside play is even better. I saw the Illinois game and it was a fistfight. That’s what I like about his team. He’s got shooters, a post man who is a big-time player, he’s got Harris who can go a lot of different places, he’s got role players. He’s got a nice team.”

More from Meehan's pre-game can be found HERE (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/dec/09/gonzaga-gears-tough-michigan-state/).

gamagin
12-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I hope focused, tenacious and tough as nails replace nice tomorrow.