PDA

View Full Version : Marsall mathers

zagmantis2001
12-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Heard on the local espn radio show that m and m was in town for the Michigan state game. Anyone else hear that?

75Zag
12-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I didn't hear about m and m, but I heard that s and m was in town, but I think I was listening to a different station.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

sonuvazag
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm going to work on my raps just in case we meet. Sometimes in life you only get one shot, one opportunity.

BobZag
12-09-2011, 04:42 PM
It's true. Eminem is on campus and will be at the game Saturday.

cjm720
12-09-2011, 05:17 PM
And I thought tix were hard to come by :)

realtydog
12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
actually at GU....hmmmmm did not know he was a college bball fan--doubt it --he just played in Australia couple days ago

SpartyRah
12-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Lol, this is pretty crazy. Not sure if he's a hardcore MSU fan, but he has seen wearing MSU shirt a few times before.

bartruff1
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
And I thought tix were hard to come by :) Not for the Beaver's big brother...

MDABE80
12-09-2011, 05:59 PM
We can take him:)

Therunner
12-09-2011, 06:37 PM
halftime show anyone?

gamagin
12-09-2011, 07:07 PM
and put him in with the best we have.

Therunner
12-09-2011, 07:12 PM
give him a kennel t shirt and put him in with the best we have.

I wish! Eminem grew up his entire life in Detroit and is a die-hard Michigan fan in ALL sports. He's here(which is ARSESOME), to support Sparty. Fine by me. Still very cool...

GoGU
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
OK guys, pretty sure this whole thing is a big joke that exploded due to social media. If he is in town to watch the game, that's one thing. He was never actually on campus today.

04ZagFan
12-09-2011, 10:31 PM
OK guys, pretty sure this whole thing is a big joke that exploded due to social media. If he is in town to watch the game, that's one thing. He was never actually on campus today.

It's not real.. I got to the bottom of it thanks to twitter... Prank that just exploded.

GoGU
12-09-2011, 10:50 PM
It's not real.. I got to the bottom of it thanks to twitter... Prank that just exploded.

Yeah. People went with it too. Saw several Facebook posts by people saying that they had just seen him. It made all the people who never saw him really frustrated...until they found out it was just a prank. Of course, social media made it explode. Would have been cool though.

zagmantis2001
12-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Radio picked it up as well. pretty good prank

2wiceright
12-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Not sure what to think? They had the story of him being in town to watch MSU play on channel 4 evening news. Not sure if they got duped but they reported it like the real deal (must have been a slow news night).

GoGU
12-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Not sure what to think? They had the story of him being in town to watch MSU play on channel 4 evening news. Not sure if they got duped but they reported it like the real deal (must have been a slow news night).

Here is a Facebook post of somebody who supposedly started it (I've left off his name, obviously.)

Started a campus-wide rumor with [*name deleted*] that Eminem was at Gonzaga for the Michigan State game...on accident. Twitter is incredible!!

One of the comments:

that's actually genius like... wow it is on the news aha

So everybody from GU Students, to the media, to us lowly forum lurkers, got duped. It's incredible how gullible we can be when we want something to be true.

Also, some campus groups cashed in on the Eminem hysteria. The Kennel Club tweeted this earlier:

@kcboard: Special guest arriving at tent city at around 4:30pm. Make sure to be there and there's free food! Zag Up! #eminem

When students arrived in tent city en masse (myself included), we didn't find Eminem, but instead Mark Few and the entire men's team with free pizza.

The entire campus got trolled today. I'm almost ashamed to admit it.

Oh and by the way, I've been following the tweet-storm that began with a single tweet. You can see the point where the local news stations jump in trying to get a confirmation. It's hilarious. When Channel 4 figures out (after they reported on it) that they've been screwed by a college freshman, they get pretty heated. Unfortunately I can't repost due to privacy reasons, especially since I don't personally know the original prankster.

ZagZombie
12-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Great now I look like a fool to all my coworkers where I pranced around in excitement for his arrival....and facebook

Kong-Kool-Aid
12-10-2011, 08:01 AM
So, why would this be a big deal even if he was?

Pargo the Destroyer
12-10-2011, 08:07 AM
So, why would this be a big deal even if he was?

oh i dunno, one of the biggest rap / hip hop stars on the planet. but yeah, no biggie.

04ZagFan
12-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Hilarious...

Also, with the UNC and Duke games MSU has already played, why would Eminem have chosen to come to the game in Spokane Washington against Gonzaga?!? People are gullible!

Kong-Kool-Aid
12-10-2011, 08:39 AM
It's not like he's an apostle or something, I mean really there have been other people of various levels of fame to pass through Spokane.

04ZagFan
12-10-2011, 08:42 AM
It's not like he's an apostle or something, I mean really there have been other people of various levels of fame to pass through Spokane.

The rumor wasn't he was "passing through Spokane" though.

Just_An_Old_Zag
12-10-2011, 09:22 AM
When you hear the last name Mathers and the white star that comes to mind isnt Eminem but Jerry Mathers of Leave it To Beaver fame...

The509sfinest
12-10-2011, 10:08 AM
He took a tour on campus yesterday and is here to watch the game today! Hope we can convert him into a fan! That would be awesome! Esspecially if he would talk about the zags once in a while.

The509sfinest
12-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Wooos someone already posted this....

BobZag
12-10-2011, 10:12 AM
MC Hammer?

gamagin
12-10-2011, 10:12 AM
He took a tour on campus yesterday and is here to watch the game today! Hope we can convert him into a fan! That would be awesome! Esspecially if he would talk about the zags once in a while.

I heard he was picked up at the airport by Fr. Cataldo and der Bingle. I feel a jam coming on . . .

MDABE80
12-10-2011, 10:15 AM
It
ll be a good byline for the game. Smart move on someone's part/.

bartruff1
12-10-2011, 10:41 AM
It's not like he's an apostle or something, I mean really there have been other people of various levels of fame to pass through Spokane. JFK was at Gonzaga (and Whitworth) and gave a speech during the primaries....his salutation was to the " Recently Formed, Young Democrates Club and all three members who are in attendence " You would have had to be there to know that at that time, there were no Democrates in all of Eastern Washington, much less Gonzaga. Of course, Bing was here a lot. John Brody...even Babe Ruth...I wasn't there then !

kitzbuel
12-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Mr. Mathers would kind of pale to this IMO.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=12602

Reborn
12-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Loved the film 9 Mile. Enjoyed him a lot. I'm glad he'll be here. WE have John Stockton who is also a BIG star.

sittingon50
12-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I heard Magic Johnson was going to be sitting next to Jud Heathcoat.

sonuvazag
12-10-2011, 10:59 AM
I heard Ashley Judd is going to be there as a scout for UK!

TheGonzagaFactor
12-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Loved the film 9 Mile. Enjoyed him a lot. I'm glad he'll be here. WE have John Stockton who is also a BIG star.

HAHAHA 9 mile.. I get it!

GoGU
12-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Led Zeppelin played a set at Kennedy Pavilion (now known as the Martin Center, aka the Old Kennel) in 1968. This is before they were well-known. They were opening for another band, and according to witness accounts, they were a lot better than the headline act. Someone thought to bring a tape recorder, and now that bootleg is the earliest recording we have of Led Zeppelin, like ever.

My point is, it's not totally implausible that Eminem would be here. But then again, I'm just trying to justify my gullibility.

U Zig, I Zag
12-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Parents hate it but the kids love it.

Edited to add that I just got a call from Matt and he is bringing Taylor Swift to the game, but they will probably leave before the end because they have to catch the Marine Corp Ball at the Davenport (they are guests of Mila and Justin).

Also, Cuba is in town again so don't turn your back on your wives or he will ask them if they want to see his 'money'.