PDA

View Full Version : GU vs MSU: Tale of the tape...

MDABE80
12-09-2011, 10:19 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/headToHeadTeamResults?gameId=201112100233

gozagswoohoo
12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Could you please tell me how to compare two teams?

I'd like to see what Gonzaga vs Mizzou looks like.

I've been messing around on that foxsports site for 10 minutes, trying to figure out where and how you view this or change a stinkin team!!

Thanks

Therunner
12-09-2011, 10:37 AM
two stats quickly jump out to me & both are via Mich St:

1. 30.4% from 3pt as a team this season. 9 games is a pretty good sample size. If Sparty shoots 45+% vs us, I may give up...on our 3pt D for the rest of my days.

2. MSU averages 19 fouls per game:eek:! Whoa. That's a lot, folks. For instance, GU averages around 15 per. BIG difference.

Point is, we must take advantage of these two glaring weaknesses on behalf of MSU. We must. They play physical, but sometimes too physical. Harris & Sacre -- go to work underneath.

MDABE80
12-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Woo...my young boy...the used to allow one to compare any two teams. Not now unless the two teams will be playing each other.

willandi
12-09-2011, 07:56 PM
What it tells me is, in more games MSU has allowed more shots, more points, commited more fouls etc. than GU. Unless the stats are equallised for games played, and for quality of opponent, they are virtually meaningless. BUT, I don't think GU is held to 56 points!

kitzbuel
12-10-2011, 06:17 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/headToHeadTeamResults?gameId=201112100233
Didn't Hawaii's coach get ejected? Doesn't show on the stats here.

rijman
12-10-2011, 06:32 AM
MSU has held opponents to .281 opposition 3PT, but to put that in perspective, UNC shot .333 against them playing outdoors on a ship deck (MSU shot .10 3's that game) and Duke shot 3's at a .476 clip against them. Good teams can hit from beyond the arc against MSU.

Justinc882
12-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Hey guys, MSU fan here.

MSU has been shooting a lot better lately, our first couple of games have skewed it a bit. Appling was still settling in as a PG and has really come on, Wood has found his role and is shooting better as well. Our 3point shooting is decent, not great but not terrible. Green likes to shoot from there and he can hit them, but he's had a few 1-5 type games that drags the averages down. If I were you I'd be more concerned if our bigs start scoring than our 3 point shooters go off. We have some good shooters and our bigs, while talented, seem to get to the rim well but have issues finishing. Against duke they missed so many bunnies easter has been extended this year to reduce bunny unemployment. If our bigs can finish it makes us really tough to defend. Green/Appling/Wood/Trice are all good midrange shooters, Payne (6'10 center) has also shown that he can hit that jumper.

One of the strange strengths this year for MSU is our rebounding from our guards. Appling/Wood and Trice all rebound very very well considering their size.

Hope to have a good game tonight, obviously I hope we win. But either way I root for Gonzaga I like your coach and the program he's built. Good luck.

caduceus
12-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Could you please tell me how to compare two teams?

I'd like to see what Gonzaga vs Mizzou looks like.

I've been messing around on that foxsports site for 10 minutes, trying to figure out where and how you view this or change a stinkin team!!

Thanks

Here ya go, Woohoo:

http://zagsball.com/gonzaga-basketball/compare_stats/missouri