PDA

View Full Version : GU/MSU Preview

adoptedzag
12-09-2011, 06:52 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=313442250

Grammatical errors aside, its a good preview of the game tomorrow.

adoptedzag
12-09-2011, 07:31 AM
True. Now if we can force him to eat some bad sushi tonight or unplug his alarm so he misses the game, that would be great! :p

Therunner
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Shut down GREEN!

If only E was as good on defense as he is at offense.

He'd be the perfect match-up of size, strength, athleticism to guard Green one-on-one.

However, while Harris is a terrific player, his "D" is suspect at best. He's great at defensive box-outs, so this will certainly help, yet a work in progress at rotating, switching, and protecting the baseline. Green makes a living at cutting to the hoop, alley-oops, put-back jams, and offensive boards.

Marcel the Shell
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Team Stat Leaders
MSU
Points D. Green 14.3
Rebounds D. Green 10.6
Assists D. Green 3.1
Steals D. Green 1.7
Blocks D. Green 1.1

pretty impressive that Draymond Green leads the team in all 5 major stats.

It is impressive, and Green obviously is the guy who makes our team go, but by the end of the year I hope Trice is leading the team with about four assists per game. I like running the offense through Green on occasion, but I'd really like to see him on the block more often. He's improved his 3-point shot, but it's just made him fall in love with it more. I think part of that is trying to prove to people he can shoot from distance, especially since he's hoping for a shot in the NBA.

And as for Trice, Kalin Lucas was one of our best players in Izzo's time, but Trice is more of a true point guard. As his minutes keep going up, and he keeps getting comfortable, I think will be a great distributor. He's the player I'm most excited to watch Saturday, to see how he handles a tough road environment against smart guards.