PDA

View Full Version : Name 3 things you hope to see in the game vs Sparty

Reborn
12-09-2011, 04:41 AM
I want to see our Ninja shooters out. I want to see fireworks all over the gymnasium. I'm hoping to see at least ten three pointers, with Pangos leading the way with 4. So let's Pangos, Stockton, Carter, Bell, Harris, Monninghoff. Let's relax out there and let 'em fly. Let the party begin.

I'd really like to see Elias finally get 20 points. Come on Elias. Let's go!!! You can do it!

I want to see Carter get 15 points, while making at least three 3 pointers.

The Bottom line is, I want to see a Zag Victory! A one point victory will be fine. Thank you!

Go Zags!!!

RenoZag
12-09-2011, 04:57 AM
1. GU hangs with MSU on the glass
2. GU wins the "50 - 50" balls
3. GU's bench outscores their bench

Not saying all three things will get Gonzaga a "W" but if those things happen, I like our chances.

Have a great Friday !

zagzilla
12-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Keys for a Zag victory

Harris takes another step forward in his game at both ends of the floor
Somebody is hot from downtown and we hit 8-10 treys as a team
Fewer TO's than MSU
Limit second chances for MSU

This game is winnable but not unless we play our best game of the season tomorrow night.

Go Zags!

ZZ

willandi
12-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Out rebound esp. on their offensive end.

Out score...inside, outside doesn't matter.

WIN!! JUST WIN!

75Zag
12-09-2011, 07:26 AM
I am on record as predicting a MSU victory, but if GU can dominate MSU on the boards, then I think GU will win.

Of course, if I could lose 50 pounds and grow some of my hair back and become younger and richer and much better looking, I could "date" Scarlett Johansson. I think the odds of that are substantially better than the odds of GU dominating MSU on the boards.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

cjm720
12-09-2011, 07:28 AM
1) GU Win
2) Carter and Dower playing like they did last year
3) More designed 3-point plays

adoptedzag
12-09-2011, 07:32 AM
1 - Win.
2 - Score more points than MSU
3 - Win.

CaliforniaZaggin'
12-09-2011, 07:36 AM
1. Zags battle on the boards
2. MSU shoots less than 40% from 3
3. Zags limit their turnovers

zagzilla
12-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I guess I don't see us winning the battle of the boards-ain't gonna happen. Just keep it respectable, please. MSU out-rebounded both NC and Dook and lost

In both of those games MSU was terrible form outside (2-20 vs NC and 4-12 vs Dook). They also turned the ball over a lot in both games.

ZZ

BULLDOG#1
12-09-2011, 08:17 AM
1. Zags battle on the boards
2. MSU shoots less than 40% from 3
3. Zags limit their turnovers

+1

The zags only have to stay close in the rebounding dept.

tyra
12-09-2011, 08:25 AM
I could "date" Scarlett Johansson. -- 75Zag

I don't think she would cheat on me like that.

Therunner
12-09-2011, 09:24 AM
3. To see Sacre kick-out on occasion when he's more than 4 feet from the hoop. He did a TREMENDOUS job of this the 1st 4 games & working w/i the offense then, all of a sudden, he became a bit of a black-hole the last couples games. Hey, its great when he's making the tough shots, yet when you're fronted well and guards begin to sag, make the extra pass to an open player or Elias sitting alone below the hoop or along the baseline. Passing the ball to Rob and 'hoping for the best' is not a full-time answer on offense and is too predictable or easily defended, see Illinois in 2nd half. Now, that said, our guards must step up, move w/o the ball, and take the open shot.

2. If we get out-rebounded, fine. They are possibly the best rebounding team in the entire Country. All I hope for is to match their INTENSITY on the glass i.e. boxing out every time, crashing toward the ball, jumping, fighting for position, etc. If I watch a 'not naming names' post stand straight up following a shot and try to "box out" with only one arm and stare at the ball, I'm going to give a big WTF to Coaches for playing a guy who is giving 50% effort or less in the paint. More Spangler if this crappy(lazy?) effort continues. I suspect Elias will do just fine. He has played a great game with excellent energy vs all BCS teams over the years.

1. Smarter defense -- by the Coaches & the players. Our defense has been unplugged at times this season. Our effort has been there, yet our rotations and / or fundamentals have not. It completely falls apart the moment Sacre sits for a few minutes, especially protecting the rim and fighting for defensive post position or when Stocks/Pangos play together for extended minutes. Again, as fun as those two are to watch push the ball down the court together, our zone and especially man-to-man becomes HS worthy if not worse along the perimeter. Its OK to play them for a "change of pace" tandem or an offensive spark, yet playing them for 20+ mins vs a big, fast, strong, athletic team like they did vs Illinois and moreso Mich St is going to get us killed. One at time is just fine. I WANT to see Stocks & Pangos, yet with Gary Bell or Carter by their side on a 2-3 or M2M. Sure, play them for 5 mins to get things going to settle down the TO's, but at some point, Coach Few must make a decision. Sometimes I feel he puts them out there together b/c he just doesn't know who is better suited to run the offense. Can't get a way with this vs the rest of our OOC schedule. (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/33709539)

titopoet
12-09-2011, 09:41 AM
1. GU having more points than MSU at the final Buzzer
2. E. Harris having more points and reb than Raymond Green
3. GU perfect from the line.

Knotsolucky
12-09-2011, 09:46 AM
1. We'll need to take Green and Trice out of their game which I'm sure Few and his boys have set up already.

2. We'll need to out rebound them on both ends of the floor. Just because they lost to Dook and UNC doesn't mean a thing.

3. I'd love everyone in the building to get a free Wendy's burger no matter who gets it done, our boys are all capable.

REMEMBER THIS IS OUR HOUSE...

THIS PLACE IS MAGIC...

GO ZAGS!!!

bballbeachbum
12-09-2011, 10:55 AM
1. the defensive rebounding thing
2. defenses that attack MSU's backcourt
3. offensive efficiency in the paint from our bigs, including drawing fouls and converting the FTs

GO ZAGS!!!

Angelo Roncalli
12-09-2011, 12:59 PM
1. A GU win
2. Hondo buying me a hand-carved deli sandwich
3. GraysAnatomy, in drag

Dirt McGirt
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I'd like to see Mark Few deliver a perfect roundhouse to the Michigan State mascot and then celebrate by doing the Icky shuffle.

75Zag
12-09-2011, 01:09 PM
cheerleaders
cheerleaders having a nip slip
a win

I am hoping that #2 on your list is reserved for the ORU game next week. While I would never advocate for a "wardrobe malfunction" to be used in a strategic manner, can you imagine the havoc that would be caused when all of the ORU players see a bit of female anatomy for the first time in their young, innocent and Christian lives? GU could win the game 2 - 0 while the medical staff spends an hour trying to resuscitate the ORU players. And the GU cheerleaders could just think of it as doing the Lord's work.

By the way, is anybody else wondering about the use of the word Oral in ORU? What kind of a place are they running there, anyway?

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

gamagin
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
(2) Set
(3) GO !

Therunner
12-09-2011, 01:18 PM
(1) Ready
(2) Set
(3) GO !

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4ztEWECbB-ctyKud85RQcOLOoxDxfQ0m3Rl8si-MYYrIm7mV1

El Zag
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM
#2. Stay focussed . Defer all individual displays of celebration until the end.

#3. Rob gets a few more rebounds.

btzag
12-09-2011, 07:33 PM
1: Sacre and Harris win their battle inside against the MSU starters

2: Carter and Dower. Do something, anything, on either end of the court.

3: Can our young guards(Pangos, Bell and Stocks) hold their own and produce a big performance. Maybe Pangos for 20 or Bell for 15 and 8 with good D or Stocks with 6 assists and 1 turnover.

If 2 of the three above happen we win. If not, another Illinois game.

My prediction GU by 10.

Reborn
12-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I think we will be seeing a lot of the three-guard offense by both teams. This lineup seems the best for both teams. Should be more of a game of the guards then the big men....Go Zags!