PDA

View Full Version : Pujols to Angels??!!!

a13coach
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Well this sucks (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/08/reports-slugger-pujols-to-join-angels/)!!!!!!!!!
What say you WooHoo?

webspinnre
12-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Yep, pretty much kiss any shot of contention in 2012 goodbye. :( Plus, the contract ended up so large that Fielder's price and length demands may be rising.

gozagswoohoo
12-08-2011, 01:30 PM
What say you WooHoo?

I'm still in shock. I listen to local sports radio all day long at work. And over the last 48 hours or so, they basically led us to believe his deal with the Cardinals was pretty much done....then all the sudden, out of NOWHERE, they announce "Pujols to the Angels!!!".

Wha wha what?!?!??!!

It's frustrating. Throughout the last 2-3 years, every time he was asked about his contract, he would always say that 'winning' was the most important thing to him, and that he also thought St. Louis was the greatest place to play baseball. BS. I mean, I understand, it's a little tough to justify leaving $30 million on the table....but he is and would be filthy rich, no matter what deal he struck. I don't know, I just feel lied to. I thought he would do whatever he could to stay here, and who knows, maybe he tried?!?!

It's odd though. He has been a Cardinal since I was in high school. It's going to be really, REALLY weird to watch a game and see him in another uniform.

I am also SLIGHTLY relieved....I don't think Pujols is going to be worth much in 6-8 years. He is already SO injury prone, and he is going to break down much, much sooner than later...

Ugh. Just sucks though. Hate losing him.

gozagswoohoo
12-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Yep, pretty much kiss any shot of contention in 2012 goodbye. :( Plus, the contract ended up so large that Fielder's price and length demands may be rising.

If Carp and Waino are both healthy, and we can pick up another offensive threat (they've been throwing Carlos Beltran's name around!!!!), then you NEVER know!!

Heck, no matter what, we'll be better than the Pirates!!! (Sorry Dick) :D

webspinnre
12-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Sorry, the contention remark was in regards to the Mariners having the Rangers and now the Angels in the West. The Cardinals take a hit, but as you say, with healthy pitching and some cash to spare, you're not in that bad of shape.

sittingon50
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
And the Angels add C.J. Wilson.

I don't see the Mariner's sniffing contention anytime soon.

gu03alum
12-10-2011, 02:58 PM
They still have Vernon Wells and his terrible contract blocking Mike Trout.