PDA

View Full Version : Believe It! Zags will win! What do you think

Reborn
12-08-2011, 05:45 AM
I think I'll get this thread started a little early because it's such a huge game. And I also don't like looking at that thread title about the ESPN analyst who just knows MSU will win.

Gonzaga 74
Michigan St. 67

The Zags have had a week off to prepare for this game. I know Few will have his guys ready, and I know the Kennel Club is ready too. I love the advantage that K2 is going to give us. I sure wish I was going to be there for this one. The Zags will be playing with a chip on their shoulder after their loss to Illinois. They have something to prove, and they will prove it.

Our Ninja shooters will be ready this time. Zags hit 11 three pointers. K2 gets rocking, and the Zags heat up. Harris is going to show us all why he's heading to the NBA. I think the Harris vs Green match up will be one of the keys to victory, and Elias comes out on top. I expect Robert to get beat up again, but he makes them pay at the free throw line.

Readers on the GUBoard will be shocked to learn that MSU's guards are not as big as a couple bloggers on the board keep saying. They are: 190, 180 and 165. These guys are not the bulky, big guards some would like you to think (like Illinois was). These guys are fast and quick. Zags had better get back on D. This is the other big key to the game. Can the Zags contain the Spartan guards?

YES WE CAN!

bartruff1
12-08-2011, 06:11 AM
We match up good enough....Few has had a week of practice and preparation (remember St John's)...the team really does play together... we are at home...we have some depth and quality on the bench... MSU has had to travel far to play a good team in a hostile environment...we should score better at home and the defense is improving....say....67 to 55... no kool aid here, I picked Illinois to win ...Great day for Jud Heathcote....but the MSU loses.

LongIslandZagFan
12-08-2011, 06:19 AM
72-62 good guys win

Therunner
12-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Reborn -- love your posts, optimism, & points above, yet you offered an eerily similar prediction/prognosticated rundown thread prior to the Illinois game. Thus, I'm a little hesitant to hop aboard this train once again. I sincerely hope you're right yet if we lose, i'm going to start assuming these pre-game threads are some sort of jinx ;).

ZagMan in Philly
12-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Is this the biggest home game ever? I can not think of another higher profile team than the Spartans to play at K2.
We need this game in more words than I can write. Very nervous indeed.
I believe!
Go Zags!

Kiddwell
12-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Reborn, Kiddwell's on board! Honestly, this game doesn't bother this fan the way the Illinoise game did. And, in the end, the Illinoisies had to play their best game of the season to ward off our (almost) relentless comebacks. If Illinoise plays us the way they played their last opponent, we thump 'em.

The Illinoise game showed our young guards didn't panic (Pangos, Bell). There were some mistakes, sure, but Coach Few has had a week to address & correct them in practice.

In the interim, MSU has played two games. Their tilt w/us will be their third game in six days. Only one day of preparation. Plus, they have to fly way out West. The Spartans are not giants. This game will be a good'n. Yet it's not so worrisome as the former contest. In fact, no worries at all.

If the Kennel's rockin' (and why wouldn't it be?), we win this one by 8-15 points.

Wonderful & Fantastic Zags -- 77
Highly Respected Izzo's Boys -- 68

:]

jbslicer
12-08-2011, 07:59 AM
It doesn't get much bigger than Tom Izzo and Sparty. So folks, RED OUT the Kennel. Get off your rear end and make some noise.
A RED OUT would look pretty neat for TV. GO ZAGS!

Pargo the Destroyer
12-08-2011, 08:05 AM
When was the last time coach had them "ready" for a big game? BYU in the tourney? Countless Memphis games where the boys got boatraced? Syracuse in the tourney? UNC in the tourney? It's been well chronicled that the team usually comes out flat in these games.

Hoping for the best, as always. Sorry, my pessimism is running rampant today.

bartruff1
12-08-2011, 08:10 AM
You can define your own " Big Game" to serve your own purpose ...but IMHO the last big game he had them ready for was St John...I can think of dozens against UW, and St Mary's and others.....and if you wanted to you might be able to find a couple yourself...but somehow I doubt it...

jbslicer
12-08-2011, 08:11 AM
The Cuse and UNC were much better teams with superior talent.

75Zag
12-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Reborn I love your optimism. I wish I had it. In my day job I come into contact with a lot of very optimistic people and when I read your posts I am reminded of them. Unfortunately, many of them are headed for prison or bankruptcy because their optimism was all about selling unregistered penny stocks on the Internet or selling electric weight loss belts on infomercials or offering unregistered limited partnership units in swamp land development ventures. But as I said, I love optimistic people.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

P.S. - Reborn, if you get tired of promoting the Bulldogs, I suspect some of my former clients might have a place for you in their organizations. I can see it now - "Take it from Reborn, this stock will never go down!!!!"

04ZagFan
12-08-2011, 08:21 AM
You can define your own " Big Game" to serve your own purpose ...but IMHO the last big game he had them ready for was St John...I can think of dozens against UW, and St Mary's and others.....and if you wanted to you might be able to find a couple yourself...but somehow I doubt it...

Yup. GU played one of their best games in recent memory against St John last season in the NCAA tournament.

We win games we shouldn't win EVERY SINGLE YEAR. This year, that could be Xavier.

Reborn
12-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Reborn -- love your posts, optimism, & points above, yet you offered an eerily similar prediction/prognosticated rundown thread prior to the Illinois game. Thus, I'm a little hesitant to hop aboard this train once again. I sincerely hope you're right yet if we lose, i'm going to start assuming these pre-game threads are some sort of jinx ;).

I felt pretty crappy myself. Im sorryfor having stirred you all in the wrong direction. I knew Illinois would be good,and give us a fight but I had no idea that they would shoot THAT well. Nor did I expect Leonard to dominate Sacre they way he did in the second half.

Im kind of feeling like you too. If I blow it again, I might have to retire from this thread. And afterall, the ESPN analyst is strongly predicting a Michigan State vicotry. I like Ken Pom's predictions the best. He has us winning by one. I also believe he had us losing to Illinois.

McZag
12-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Reborn,

You have as much faith as anyone on the board. I wish I could go all in with you but I don't think we have the horses for this one. Keep believin' though!!

ZagZombie
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
1. Will kennel club be there or are they gone for winter break? I will find it very difficult to win without our crazy tops in the nation student section.

2. I honestly have believed this for many years that Izzo is one of the top coaches who get his players game ready. They know how huge of a game this is.

3. IMO our defense has been weak (yes we have glimmers of awesome D) but overall...not great. Whats happening in the second half where we seem to lose our leads.

After watching the season so far I am not impressed with the overall body of work. Aure they are good. But all of you who hyped this as a final four team. Your wrong. At least as of right now. Michigan state is very good. I want the zags to win more than anyone else. I hope we pull off a win but it won't be easy.

GU69
12-08-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm on board with optimism for this game. I expect it to be very tight, but I think that the Zags can win this one.

Oddly enough, I am more worried about Arizona.

awberke
12-08-2011, 09:14 AM
1. Will kennel club be there or are they gone for winter break? I will find it very difficult to win without our crazy tops in the nation student section.

2. I honestly have believed this for many years that Izzo is one of the top coaches who get his players game ready. They know how huge of a game this is.

3. IMO our defense has been weak (yes we have glimmers of awesome D) but overall...not great. Whats happening in the second half where we seem to lose our leads.

After watching the season so far I am not impressed with the overall body of work. Aure they are good. But all of you who hyped this as a final four team. Your wrong. At least as of right now. Michigan state is very good. I want the zags to win more than anyone else. I hope we pull off a win but it won't be easy.

Students are not on winter break, but it is the weekend before finals.

I disagree about our defense, i thought we played good defense against illinois. It was big turnovers that hurt us most.

ID ZAGFAN
12-08-2011, 09:17 AM

Not to worry. There were NO seats in the lower level available for Bulldog Club members to purchase, only a very few in the upper level. (And they were all gone 2 minutes after 9--we did not get any.) So the student section will be rocking, I am sure.

Also, the students have finals next week. Winter break starts December 16. Dorms open up January 15, so that's when most of them will be back.

ZaGranny

DixieZag
12-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I believe we will win this game. I really like the fight in this team, the game at Illinois looked like a lot of our early season games last year with one big exception - - we kept coming back at them, no matter how many times we were down by 8 or 9 ready to be knocked out to 16, we made the grit plays it takes, fought, guarded, whatever to come back to down 3 or 4 - - that showed me something, it was something that Illinois fans talked about, that we kept coming back. I think it speaks to this team's chemistry and mental toughness.

Similarly, against ND we never let them back in the game, allowing them to be down by 9 at the half was as close as they came, we kept the leverage on them and kept the lead by double digits (thanks to Elias' "and one" in the second half) something that we have had trouble doing in the past.

I think our guards will be more comfortable at home, I think we will not rely so heavily upon Rob, I think that Bell continues to improve every game and is ready to drop 16 on them, I don't think MSU shots nearly as well as Illinois did and we will be scrambling for long rebounds, I think we'll shoot FT's better at home and I think we'll turn them over more than they will us.

MSU is a great program, but not a great team, yet.

GU- 69
MSU - 65

gamagin
12-08-2011, 09:46 AM
we take it.

teamwork. Veteran leadership, newbie confidence, and releasing the sort of organized reckless abandon that good teams generate and we beat anyone. Anywhere. Anytime.

We're told the chemistry is good to great on this team. Time to turn it loose, trust each other and just get down to business. Just do it.

bostonzagfan
12-08-2011, 09:58 AM
MSU by 5.

before you call me a pessimist, GU is not nearly as good as they will be once guy becomes assimilated into the team. upset of xavier/sweet 16 run?

GoGU
12-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Students are not on winter break, but it is the weekend before finals.

I don't think anyone is worried about that. Student tickets have all been completely distributed. Camping starts tonight. Don't worry, we'll be there. Cheering on our team doesn't have to interfere with finals. In fact, it will be a nice break from studying.

jim77
12-08-2011, 10:40 AM
It would be a nice win for the Zags. However, I see MSU taking us to task as Rob is left to fend for himself. MSU 82 GU 67

Anyone see the pick Draymond green laid on a Central Conneticut player? The guy was nearly knocked out...and showed up on the bench after the half with a gigantic ice pack on his shoulder....thats how to free guards up. I think Draymond Green is probably one of the best all-around players in the country.

primal23
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
It would be a nice win for the Zags. However, I see MSU taking us to task as Rob is left to fend for himself. MSU 82 GU 67

Unless Dower decides to show up, or Spangler has a monster of a game I think you are right on. Sacre cannot take another massive minutes getting beat down by a line of MST players.

04ZagFan
12-08-2011, 11:18 AM
MSU 78
GU 67

Our youth and lack of athleticism comes through again.

2wiceright
12-08-2011, 11:32 AM
I agree with Reborn... Their guards are not from the Amazon, we have a full week to prepare for our biggist game, thus far, and with this teams chemistry and playing at home will help our shooters be more at ease (12 threes I predict). Add superior FT shooting and the Spartans 3rd game this week - there's no reason why we cant win this one folks!

Even though we lost to a very good Illini team, our young guys played with a lot of composure (esp. for true freshman) and will be much more confident and ready to take it to MSU. We just don't lose many at home, and this is no exception! (I'm more worried about Xavier than the mighty Spartans). Sacre, Harris and Dower will keep it close on the boards and look for us to sizzle on offense!!!

Zags 75
MSU 65

bartruff1
12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm on board with optimism for this game. I expect it to be very tight, but I think that the Zags can win this one.

Oddly enough, I am more worried about Arizona. IMHO, it will be a huge upset if Gonzaga beats Arizona...

maynard g krebs
12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Many still tend to underestimate the home court advantage, and the tendency of officials to help with it. Winning at Illinois would have been a significant upset. Winning at home isn't.

Zags by a nose at the wire. 73-71.

Psychozag
12-08-2011, 12:34 PM
MSU 78
Zags 70

MSU doubles us up on second chance points, outrebounds us by 9. That's the difference right there.

04ZagFan
12-08-2011, 01:08 PM
IMHO, it will be a huge upset if Gonzaga beats Arizona...

huh? Arizona certainly could beat us... But playing in Seattle with the crowd behind us, beating Arizona certainly wouldn't be a "huge upset."

Arizona is nothing special... Nothing special at all.

DADoZAG
12-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Many still tend to underestimate the home court advantage, and the tendency of officials to help with it. Winning at Illinois would have been a significant upset. Winning at home isn't.

Zags by a nose at the wire. 73-71.

Hopefully it's B10 officials, not Pac12/WCC zebras.

Go ZAGS!

McZag
12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
MSU 78
Zags 70

MSU doubles us up on second chance points, outrebounds us by 9. That's the difference right there.

I hate to agree with a psycho, but man that's compelling. The way our bigs looked vs Illinois tell me this is going to be the story all year against the best teams. We either win the boards or not. Considering MF got his rebounding drills from Izzo tells me Sparty will own the glass.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Sacre cannot take another massive minutes getting beat down by a line of MST players.

Rob's biggest mistake, and one of our key downfalls at Illinois was Rob not getting any fouls in the first 22 minutes of the game. He spent minimal time on the bench in that timeframe (had to be less than any other game in his career as a starter) and he was heavily fatigued as a result. If he had a more regular foul pattern at Illinois he may not have fallen victim to early season conditioning. That said, I've never seen a player foul out that fast.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Rob's biggest mistake,

Quoting myself rather than editing...

I don't mean to say he should foul early on purpose, it just usually happens that way. Bad word choice, sorry.

kitzbuel
12-08-2011, 05:02 PM
- we kept coming back at them, no matter how many times we were down by 8 or 9 ready to be knocked out to 16, we made the grit plays it takes, fought, guarded, whatever to come back to down 3 or 4 - - that showed me something, it was something that Illinois fans talked about, that we kept coming back. I think it speaks to this team's chemistry and mental toughness.

Similarly, against ND we never let them back in the game, allowing them to be down by 9 at the half was as close as they came, we kept the leverage on them and kept the lead by double digits (thanks to Elias' "and one" in the second half) something that we have had trouble doing in the past.

I noticed the exact same thing. They always killed any ND attempt at trying to get a run going with a timely three or a defensive stop. In the same vein, Illinois never could shake them and get separation. That is a good trait that I have not seen much in recent Zag teams.

bballbeachbum
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
MSU 78
Zags 70

it very well could be if allowed to happen, I believe that.

have to control the Defensive boards, every one is gold all game. MSU expects to win games that way so all tactics involved to win that battle against them and deny that to them really hurts them...and I hope to see all 5 GU guys checking a man every single time...defend well (etc. etc. etc.) but then FIND someone and check them while the ball is in the air, including the shooter, all 5 guys together whatever defense we're in at the time

Home Court is worth something, for sure, especially if the crowd believes the Zags will win and isn't afraid. Not crazy or wild necessarily, although that's fine too, but confident at Home Court. Same with the players. It's a feeling, can't fake it. I hope to feel that too.

GO ZAGS!!!

ExtremeJim
12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
I notice that Michigan State has not played one game at over 860 feet elevation this year. Durham, Chapel Hill, and Ypsilanti (their only road games) are all lower than that. Madison is the highest point in the Big Ten, at 863. In fact, the last time they ever played higher than in Spokane was in a regional they lost in Denver in March, 2008.

It's only a thousand-foot difference, which is not objectively a lot, about 1% less oxygen uptake, but as close as the teams are in talent, it will be the deciding factor. (It could seem subjectively like 5-10%, if enough of us post it on their board and some of their classmates tell a few of the team members, so they can discuss and worry about it on the flight out here.)

I expect the Spartans to be leading or tied at the 10-minute mark of the second half, and then fade from there. It will be an ugly game, and lower scoring than most of you are thinking.

They might also be affected by the fact that the sun sets earlier here at 47 degrees north latitude than in Lansing, at only 42 degrees north.

04ZagFan
12-08-2011, 08:09 PM
i notice that michigan state has not played one game at over 860 feet elevation this year. Durham, chapel hill, and ypsilanti (their only road games) are all lower than that. Madison is the highest point in the big ten, at 863. In fact, the last time they ever played higher than in spokane was in a regional they lost in denver in march, 2008.

It's only a thousand-foot difference, which is not objectively a lot, about 1% less oxygen uptake, but as close as the teams are in talent, it will be the deciding factor. (it could seem subjectively like 5-10%, if enough of us post it on their board and some of their classmates tell a few of the team members, so they can discuss and worry about it on the flight out here.)

i expect the spartans to be leading or tied at the 10-minute mark of the second half, and then fade from there. It will be an ugly game, and lower scoring than most of you are thinking.

They might also be affected by the fact that the sun sets earlier here at 47 degrees north latitude than in lansing, at only 42 degrees north.

time change will kill them.

bostonzagfan
12-08-2011, 09:14 PM
home refs, higher altitude, earlier sun-set, time zone change and jet lag for them, all signs look to... a 6 points loss instead of 8?

Reborn
12-09-2011, 05:03 AM
everyone who calls themself a Zag fan started to believe that the Zags are going to win Saturday? What do you think would happen?

Come on everyone! Let's try it. I think the Zags would win.

ZagMan in Philly
12-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Lets keep this streak going....Go Zags!!!!

Michigan State has dropped seven consecutive non-conference road games against Top 25 opponents since a 71-67 victory over then-No. 12 Kentucky on Dec. 14, 2002.

Hoopaholic
12-09-2011, 06:09 AM
we can win if:

We are allowed to play the aggressive out front defense we saw in the first 4 games, if ticky tack contact is called we will struggle

We do better on the rebounding end

We do better on turnover issues that we seem to have at just the wrong moments so far this year

"OH WHERE OH WHERE HAS MY CARTER GONE"....we need you senior to show up, provide defense, some slashing to the hoop and handle the ball PLEASE

ZagAddict
12-09-2011, 08:25 AM
MSU 78
GU 67

Our youth and lack of athleticism comes through again.

+1

I just don't see this Zag team having the ability this year to beat top tier programs. It will be a great learning experience for the youngsters, but I think the Spartans will run away with this one on our home court.

Izzo's Bunch 87
Few's Few 58

BULLDOG#1
12-09-2011, 09:33 AM
+1

Izzo's Bunch 87
Few's Few 58

Wow. Are you really suggesting that the zags will lose by 29 points?
Playing in the kennel, I just can't see it.

Just1Spartan
12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
I notice that Michigan State has not played one game at over 860 feet elevation this year. Durham, Chapel Hill, and Ypsilanti (their only road games) are all lower than that. Madison is the highest point in the Big Ten, at 863. In fact, the last time they ever played higher than in Spokane was in a regional they lost in Denver in March, 2008.

It's only a thousand-foot difference, which is not objectively a lot, about 1% less oxygen uptake, but as close as the teams are in talent, it will be the deciding factor. (It could seem subjectively like 5-10%, if enough of us post it on their board and some of their classmates tell a few of the team members, so they can discuss and worry about it on the flight out here.)

I expect the Spartans to be leading or tied at the 10-minute mark of the second half, and then fade from there. It will be an ugly game, and lower scoring than most of you are thinking.

They might also be affected by the fact that the sun sets earlier here at 47 degrees north latitude than in Lansing, at only 42 degrees north.

Not being a regular here, I don't know if this post is a joke or not, but it has so many errors in it I hardly know where to begin. First of all, we haven't played in Chapel Hill or Durham this year; we played UNC on the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier docked in San Diego, and we played Duke in Madison Square Garden.

And as far as looking for info on how we play at elevation similar to Spokane, why not go all the back to last year when we played our first & second round 2010 NCAA tournament games in Spokane, WA? We won both on the way to the Final 4.

Therunner
12-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Just realized something...

This is MSU's 1st true road game in a hostile environment.

Yes, they played Duke at MSG and UNC on a aircraft carrier, yet haven't been tested by a team's raucous crowd.

we could certainly use every advantage possible come Sat night...hopefully this works in our favor.

Just1Spartan
12-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Just realized something...

This is MSU's 1st true road game in a hostile environment.

Yes, they played Duke at MSG and UNC on a aircraft carrier, yet haven't been tested by a team's raucous crowd.

we could certainly use every advantage possible come Sat night...hopefully this works in our favor.

Hey now, not giving Eastern Michigan any credit? J/K, this is definitely our first real hostile environment road test of the season. It will be doubly hard to overcome IMO due to the fact we have so many new/young players in significant roles this season. 3 of our top 5 players in minutes this season weren't even on the roster last season. That is hard to overcome as it is, let alone playing a good team in their gym.

BULLDOG#1
12-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Hey now, not giving Eastern Michigan any credit? J/K, this is definitely our first real hostile environment road test of the season. It will be doubly hard to overcome IMO due to the fact we have so many new/young players in significant roles this season. 3 of our top 5 players in minutes this season weren't even on the roster last season. That is hard to overcome as it is, let alone playing a good team in their gym.

Hey awsome. A sparty on our board. wecome. forgive me if this is mentioned on another post, but gotta say msu is a class act, as is izzo. Major props for playing us in the kennel.

ExtremeJim
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Not being a regular here, I don't know if this post is a joke or not, but it has so many errors in it I hardly know where to begin. First of all, we haven't played in Chapel Hill or Durham this year; we played UNC on the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier docked in San Diego, and we played Duke in Madison Square Garden.

Well, it was a bit of a joke, but at least it smoked out someone who might know whether you people have a message board where tomorrow's game might be discussed. The two I've seen don't seem to match the size of your student body or alumni base for activity.

Good point about the tournament in March of 2010. I don't think the players have retained their acclimation for 21 months while playing at sea level in New York and San Diego instead of in the 400- and 600-foot "hills" of North Carolina, though. Some of them aren't even the same players as you brought a couple of seasons ago, right?

All kidding aside, my congratulations for agreeing to come here to play. It shows great character on the part of your AD and coaching staff, and makes Michigan State one of my favorite teams to watch and root for after we make our customary early exit in March.

Reborn
12-09-2011, 08:50 PM
It's Friday night and Im going to bed feeling confident and peaceful. I'm smiling and don't feel any doubts at all. God bless our Zags. And may they wake up feeling fresh and focussed and ready to battle and fight the mighty Spartans. The Zag lore grows deeper and broader tomorrow. Sparty falls. The Ninja shooters are on fire tomorrow night. M & M is there to cheer, but its not enough. The Zags have John Stockton.

Go Zags!!!

Therunner
12-09-2011, 08:59 PM
It's Friday nightand Im going to bed feeling confident and peaceful. I'm smiling and don't feel any doubts at all. God bless our Zags. And may they wake up feeling fresh and focussed and ready to battle and fight the mighty Spartans. The Zag lore grows deeper and broader tomorrow. Sparty falls. The Ninja shooters are on fire tomorrow night.

Reborn = the Tony Robbins of GUBoards.

When life gets you down, read a Reborn post.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/bve/lowres/bven735l.jpg
;)

upan8th
12-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Officials play an unintentionally large role, call 44 fouls (27 on GU) as Zags strategy is to slug it out in Big Ten style with State. Ugly game with no flow winds up with Sparty on top 73-65 as no FGs are scored in game's final 3 minutes.

Board majority decides Sunday it's better to lose by 20 playing GU style than by 8 playing Big Ten Football. ESPN's dwindling viewing audience seconds that opinion. Few, however, declares afterward that Zags need to "get tougher" to compete with the elite.

Reborn
12-10-2011, 06:27 AM
I don't believe this will be a slugfest. Both of these teams are really good basketball teams with good shooters and good scorers. I expect to see a great basketball game, just like the last time we played Michigan State two years ago. That was a great game. I think they beat us by 4 points. They are in Spokane now at K2, so I'm very curious to see if that will make the difference. I think it will. These are two very good teams battling it out. Home court gives the Zags the edge.

allnet59
12-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Our guards find it hard to create their own shots and we lose the rebounding edge by eight. Were still young and will learn from this tough non conference run. Them 78 us 69....

Reborn
12-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Again Kudos to Tom Izzo for coming into K2 to play the Zags! Got to respect a man like that. I think about Coach K. When was he ever out here to play a non conference game. Just saw Coach K and his Dukies as always, playing it safe with teams from the West coast (UW this time) in Madison Square Garden. Izzo is my favorite coach outside Few, and then UCONN's coach, who also comes out West to play. This is what basketball is about today. Having guts, like GU has had for years now, to play the Elite games in non conference. It's so good for basketball. I get so tired of coach K and his guarded posture. I sure hope he goes into Michigan States arena next year.l I'd love to see that game. I seldom watch Duke any more in the preseason. The games are almost always at home or in Madison Square Garden, which we all know is a home game for them.

If ever, this is a good year for Sparty to lose one in K2. It shouldn't hurt his team at all, and might actually help them, just as these kinds of games have helped GU when they go on the road and lose (Illinois this year).

bballbeachbum
12-10-2011, 12:43 PM
if we go three guard, they all must board every d possession hard. would like to see pushing fouls called on MSU players crashing in from the perimeter because the box out is there waiting to take the abuse, and dish it out

calls for Keita? I see it as a possibility depending on things. Spangler? definitley. This game is all hands I thinks, and whatever minutes on the floor matter big, whatever.

Pangos might get some early looks I hope. After Illinois' concerted effort vs. Kevin, other opponents might not be so crazy focused on him now, not so afraid, so maybe KP can sqeak out some space to pull. Carter hitting early would e another way to create space for KP

this matchup is freakin' awesome! I just wish I was there. Get after their a$$es and do this!

GO ZAGS!!!

Thomas_Sutpen
12-10-2011, 01:29 PM
what if everyone who calls themself a Zag fan started to believe that the Zags are going to win Saturday? What do you think would happen?

Ummm, Santa Claus would sing the national anthem?
The Easter Bunny would work the clock?
The Tooth Fairy would announce the game?

Wait, I know ... every time a bell rings, Sacre gets his wings.

Go Zags.