PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Swag

Birddog
12-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Here is a list of all the Bowl games and the swag they hand out to the players. http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2011/12/05/In-Depth/Bowl-Gifts-List.aspx?hl=In%20Depth&sc=0

Aside from the full names of the Bowls, the big surprises are the type and amount of swag each Bowl Game hands out. Some common items in many of the swag kits: watches in gen'l with Fossil and Timely watches leading, Oakley stuff and Ogio backpacks are also the rage.

Now I'm puzzled, why don't some of the sponsors have better tie-ins with their swag. The Famous Potatos Bowl really ought to be handing out a twice baked Idaho Spud to each player IMO, and Little Ceasar's couldn't have that hard a time coughing up a couple hundred Hot n Ready Pepperoni Pizzas for that matter. How bout the Outback Bowl giving away Bloomin' Onions?
Now I don't expect the Hyundai Sun Bowl to give each player a car, but surely the Autozone Liberty Bowl could give each participant a couple of those Pine tree car scent dealies and MAACO could give away some toch up paint. Hell, Meineke ought to be giving away a set of brake pads and Chick fil A should be handing out those "Eat Free for a Year" cards like they do at their grand openings. Better yet, they could give those cards to the "Fight Hunger Bowl" in each of the players names. Fight Hunger folks could then pass them out to the homeless passing themselves off as Occupy Wall Street forces.

It's hard to pick a winner, but the three with Best Buy gift cards of $400 or more would have to be high on the list. Losers? probably the Pinstripe Bowl since they wouldn't disclose, probably embarassed.

LongIslandZagFan
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Wow...Although some of the bowls look cheap compared to the others.

mtzaga
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I can't wait for the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on the December 31st. It should be a toss-up with 6-7 UCLA, playing on a special NCAA waiver, and 6-6 Illinois. Both head coaches have already been fired. It should be a dandy.