PDA

View Full Version : Izzo Dec. 5 Press conference (Video)

Section 116
12-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I took a chance and checked out Tom Izzo's Dec 5 press conference to see if there was any insight into the upcoming Zags game. Mostly Izzo talks about the current state of his team and their upcoming game against, I believe, Central Conn. St. whom Izzo is very high on, to the degree he believes they will win their league. About 10 mins. in there is a question regarding Heathcote and whether he provided MSU with any insight. Izzo said he would probably call Jud today. Other than that, nothing on the Zags but a lot of insight into MSU. The thing runs over 17 mins. but it might be worth a listen while you're surfing around.

Click on video and then the Dec 5 press conference:

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-baskbl/msu-m-baskbl-body.html

Bogozags
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
S116 thanks for the "get" it is very interesting...

I worry that if we do not rebound and play strong defense, we will not have the results we expect...MSU is the real deal...

Kiddwell
12-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Izzo's point about his guys playing three games in six days works, methinks, in Gonzaga's favor: (1) possible fatigue issues for their guys; (2) they get only a day or so to prep for GU. This game is less worrisome, IMHO, than Illinois. Doesn't mean we're going to win, but by year's end Illinois might be the better team. Just a hunch.

Izzo's a really appealing coach. He's a good guy. Wish we could schedule regular home & homes w/Sparty.

:]

ZagMan in Philly
12-06-2011, 08:36 AM
S116 thanks for the "get" it is very interesting...

I worry that if we do not rebound and play strong defense, we will not have the results we expect...MSU is the real deal...

agree on the rebounding part...

TIDBITS: MSU leads the nation with a plus 13.2 rebounding margin. The Spartans led the nation in 2008-09 and 2009-10 but finished 48th last year. ... Izzo was planning to call mentor and former MSU coach Jud Heathcote, before reuniting with Heathcote on Friday in Spokane, Wash. The Spartans play at Gonzaga on Saturday. ... MSU's current six-game winning streak is its longest since winning 10 straight between December 2009 and January 2010.