PDA

View Full Version : OT: When it rains it pours...?

TM27
07-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Tyreese Breshers to Miami....so a quick recap.

July 3rd - #1 SG in the West, Jrue Holiday announces UCLA over UW
July 4th - #2 SG in the West, Mark McLauglin picks Wazzu. The pick is not over UW because for some strange reason Romar chose not to offer Mark, who plays in his backyard, who originally listed UW as his #1, who is lights out, who can play in the up tempo UW style, and who might have told UW where to stick it when they focused all their attention on Jrue....
July 5th - Tyrese Breshers chooses Miami over UW....

Tough week for Montlake...they need some good news

thickman1
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
They don't have to play GU this year, that should be good news for their fans. :D

MiamiZags
07-06-2007, 08:50 PM
TM-
Have you seen/heard much about Breshers?
Just curious, cause I saw him commit to Miami but hadn't heard much of him.

TM27
07-07-2007, 08:37 AM
TM-
Have you seen/heard much about Breshers?
Just curious, cause I saw him commit to Miami but hadn't heard much of him.

MiamiZags -

All I know of Breshers is what the recruiting guru's at Rivals, Scout, etc. feed me. And according to them, Breshers is a very important 'get' for Miami. He is a top power forward prospect from LA....someone us west coasters would like to see stay on this side of the country (unless it is at Montlake). He is known for his shot blocking, rebounding, tenacity and quick feet. He was Coach Haith's #1 frontcourt guy, so congrats to Miami.

...tons of stuff on Scout and Rivals about him. Hope this helps

BobZag
07-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Romar has whiffed all spring and summer so far; it goes further back than Jrue Holiday. Drew Gordon comes to mind, to name just one. And because his mother was once a Husky cheerleader, they thought Larry Drew, Jr. was actually going to choose a sub-NIT program.

Breshers is undersized but a hard-playing beast who will do great at Miami.

TM27
07-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Romar has whiffed all spring and summer so far; it goes further back than Jrue Holiday. Drew Gordon comes to mind, to name just one. And because his mother was once a Husky cheerleader, they thought Larry Drew, Jr. was actually going to choose a sub-NIT program.

Breshers is undersized but a hard-playing beast who will do great at Miami.

Ah good point....and my prediction is that the strike outs continue with Terrance Jennings and possibly Scott Suggs. Oh and the latest is that Venoy Overton is looking more and more like an academic casualty.

Things will smooth out for them, but no denying that this has been a summer to forget in Montlake.