• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

What do you hope to see against Hawaii tomorrow night

I am hoping to see a better game from Carter. I know our young guys are playing well, but Marquis is our Senior, and I've been hoping he would break loose. If he can not then I hope to see more of Bell because Bell is waiting to unleash a big game like Pangos did Monday. I have read a lot of tentitive posts in this thread. I don't share that feeling. This is a very good Gonzaga team, and most of us have believed that since June. I will continue to do so. I hope Pangos rips them as he did against WSU for 20+ points.

I'm looking however tp great games from Sacre as well. This will be the night for our Canadians (Sacre and Pangos). Hoping they both score 20. I think Elias could break out for 20+ too. We have so many weapons. Wow!!!!
    I hope to see a GU vicotory by 20+ points.

I'm hoping that our Ninja shooters are on fire again.....Let's put on a 3 pt shooting show for our Canadians friends. We can do it. 17 threes. Yeah!!! I said I'd love to see 17 threes.
    Last edited by Reborn; 11-19-2011, 09:23 AM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • Timeout!
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2009

Reborn, I love ya', yet...

17 three's? I admire the optimism...

WSU was predicted 10th place in the Pac-12.

Hawaii is a legitimate candidate to win the WAC.

Hawaii > WSU

Folks, this will be a tough game. Honestly, I think the toughest up to this point of the season.

We were up by 20pts vs the Cougs and deservedly so, but I believe Hawaii is a better ballclub than WSU right now.

Hawaii has just as good of talent, if not better, than several teams in the Pac-12. Actually, half their team is comprised of transfers via the Pac-12 Conference and the others are solid 3-star kids who wanted to go to college in Hawaii.

They had a solid recruiting class the past two years, along with being a hot-bed for high major transfers in recent years as well.

Coach Gib(Head Coach) is a former Pepperdine Assistant and will be well versed/scouted on Gonzaga's offense.

I hope to see great effort and for our guys to well-prepared. At this point in the season, most teams are playing every couple of days and most teams have 4 or 5 games under their belt...we've had 4 days off. The Zags better be ready to compete again. No excuses. I'm hoping for Marquise to play within himself and not try to be Dwayne Wade for us. I want Rob to play well in front of his home-town crowd. Pangos to play within himself and shoot well if open. His 6 assists was my favorite statistic vs WSU. Gary Bell to step up and continue to take his game up a notch and for Elias to rebound at a high level, defend WAY better, and convert his "garbage" buckets.

I still expect a win, but a hard-fought game...

Hawaii is an impressive ball-club and most consider this team to be their best in over a decade...we'll see tomorrow if this is true...

Comment

• bostonzagfan
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Oct 2011

i would like to see EH take over a game for a significant stretch of time.

also a win and no injuries

Comment

• izzjess
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2007

Reborn---once agian i agree with you on all points...this gonzaga team is awesome...so many weapens....I think it comes down to the coaching..

So one key factor that seemed (to me)to be a reason that we gave that game back to wsu was zoneeeeeeeeeeeee defense.....whyyyyyyyyyy???It just seems like it confuses us more than the other team...it always seems to leave someone open at the three...we play man and, then we get a lead and then we come out in zone...I understand when we have a short team in there it makes sense on paper but it just doesnt seem to work...does anybody agree or disagree..

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

more playing time for GBJ
          intense defense the whole game

Comment

• Zag79
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by izzjess View Post
            Reborn---once agian i agree with you on all points...this gonzaga team is awesome...so many weapens....I think it comes down to the coaching..

So one key factor that seemed (to me)to be a reason that we gave that game back to wsu was zoneeeeeeeeeeeee defense.....whyyyyyyyyyy???It just seems like it confuses us more than the other team...it always seems to leave someone open at the three...we play man and, then we get a lead and then we come out in zone...I understand when we have a short team in there it makes sense on paper but it just doesnt seem to work...does anybody agree or disagree..
            i would have to say the TO's, simply because the threes were mostly hit in transition after one. bell, hart, carter, a couple times each. clean that up and im good with how we played. as for hawaii, i want a W no matter how we get it. it would be just another example of our talent if so.

Comment

• GrizZAG
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2009

Want to see

Dower come off the bench and light it up knocking down 18

Wish to see more fluid big play inside with strong to the hole moves

As always, wish to see our Zags not let down when they get a good lead but keep the foot to the floor with focus to the end. Why does this happen over and over with this team?? Lots of leads have been left to dwindle to nail biters in final minute. Stay focused men..
              One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I like to see ferocious defense and I'd like to see extended Spangler minutes.

Comment

• SWZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I'd like to see a full house for Rob. Roger's holds 17,000+ for basketball, but it would be nice to see that pretty full.

Of course I want Rob to have a big game, but I want to really see continued growth by Pangos and GBJ. Also Carter to have turn his fairly slow start (compared to how he ended last season) around.

SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• MickMick
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

I just look for improvement in all areas. Game to game improvement building toward conference play. So far, so good. Right now, they are far from their ceiling.

The Zags will win this game because of offensive rebounding. They will get many more "looks" at the basket than Hawaii.
                    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• bigblahla
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

With ABE on this one, a good dose of PT for Spangler and a Zags victory.

Go!! Zags!!!
                      "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

No "hometown jitters" from Big Rob and no foul trouble for him, Carter, and Harris. . .haven't seen those three together enough thus far in the young season.

Continued scoring from Pangos; "one in a row" is not a trend and I hope we see him in double figures again this evening.

A positive impact from Sam Dower, regardless the number of minutes. . .it has felt like the Sam we saw last year has been AWOL in the first two tilts of the year.

Another "W" !
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2009

A Win... and a crowd bigger than a thousand.

Comment

• Timeout!
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Nov 2009

-- Pangos' Poise
                            -- Sacre's Strength
                            -- Harris' Hops
                            -- Hart's Heart
                            -- Carter's Control
                            -- Stockton's Sleight
                            -- Bell's Bravery
                            -- Dower's Determination
                            -- Spangler's Sturdiness

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                              Zag for Life
                              • Apr 2007

An all around good game defensively and offensively, and a big victory of course.

Go Zags!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X