PDA

View Full Version : Zag opponents underwhelm

siliconzag
11-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Arizona goes down to Mississippi State, and Xavier struggles with Miami of Ohio. There is going to be a lot of parity among second tier teams this year. Alabama may go down as well and Texas A and M barely beat San Jose State.

I watched Cal, and they look decent in the early games, but are essentially untested thus far.

If Zags can remain unblemished for another few games, they should sneak into the top 15, possibly top 10. Michigan State is a tough match up, because of what BZ says. The offense needs to be a little better organized in order to off set their inside power. Some think that is a Zag strong suit, and against the weak inside teams we've played so far, it has been. MSU, another thing, and they have to be hungry after a couple of thumps.

Sili

Zag79
11-19-2011, 01:31 AM
and duke barely won the other night, by one. we handled wsu, with a freshman player of the game. alabama went 0-3 last year in the same tournament they are 3-0 in after today. its going to be a fun year, we have the right group of guys for the job! go Zags!

JPtheBeasta
11-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I was actually impressed with Miss St. Their tandum of bigs looks like it could make some noise this year.

Reborn
11-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Michigan State is a tough match up, because of what BZ says. The offense needs to be a little better organized in order to off set their inside power. Some think that is a Zag strong suit, and against the weak inside teams we've played so far, it has been. MSU, another thing, and they have to be hungry after a couple of thumps.

Sili

Im not doubting how good Mich St is coached. But they are behind the Zags in their offense. One of the announcers the other nite said that she thought the Zags looked pretty good on offense for this early in the year. I felt the same way. It looks to me especialy that we are setting better screens then I have seen for years. It was more due to good screening by GU than poor defense by WSU that we shot so well. Just my opinion Sili....

Reborn
11-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Michigan State is a tough match up, because of what BZ says. The offense needs to be a little better organized in order to off set their inside power. Some think that is a Zag strong suit, and against the weak inside teams we've played so far, it has been. MSU, another thing, and they have to be hungry after a couple of thumps.

Sili

Im not doubting how good Mich St is coached. But they are behind the Zags in their offense. One of the announcers the other nite said that she thought the Zags looked pretty good on offense for this early in the year. I felt the same way. It looks to me especialy that we are setting better screens then I have seen for years. It was more due to good screening by GU than poor defense by WSU that we shot so well. Just my opinion Sili....

As far as Hawaii being underwhelmed....I say good for them. We'll see what they have to say after the game. That means more to me then what they say before the game. I hope Few puts that Quote up on the chalkboard.