PDA

View Full Version : When are the Zags Coming to Colorado?

frontrangezag
07-05-2007, 07:10 AM
There was talk last year of the Zags playing CSU or CU in Colorado for this upcoming season. After seeing the tentative schedule posted on this board, it looks like a no-go.

I would think the staff is trying to get the Zags down here somtime in the next few years so Bouldin can play in front of his friends and family. Wishful thinking?

I guess I'll have to drive to Oklahoma to see the Zags this year.

CDC84
07-05-2007, 07:22 AM
It would be nice if Gonzaga could maybe play Colorado in Denver next year and group that with the Utah game. Also, maybe sign up for a home and home with DePaul so that Pargo can get a home game in the Windy City. This is standard operating procedure for most of the big time programs, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for GU's schedulers thus far. But as the program begins to recruit more and more nationally, I feel they should consider this.

Either way, none of this will happen this year. The schedule is just about complete, and Gonzaga has more than enough travel on their plate.

DenDiegoZag
07-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Rather than try and play one of those teams this year, I think it would be best to try and wait till Matt is a senior to get something done. CU has been pretty bad lately, but with Bzdelik at the helm they should improve quite a bit over the next two seasons. We have to stick to getting quality non-conference opponents.

frontrangezag
07-05-2007, 11:45 AM
CU has been pretty bad. I have been up to the gym to see a few games since moving here a couple of years ago. Okie State last year (CU won and that started OSU's collapse last year). The cheapest tickets are $10, which I buy because you can basically walk all the way down to the floor. Attendance at the home games is around 2,000, except when Kansas comes and it is sold out. The fan mix at the games is about 50/50 with the exception again of Kansas.

I hope GU comes here sometime during the next couple of years. Actually, they could come here this year if they get put into the Denver NCAA bracket. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

DenDiegoZag
07-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Attendance at the home games is around 2,000, except when Kansas comes and it is sold out. The fan mix at the games is about 50/50 with the exception again of Kansas.

I hope GU comes here sometime during the next couple of years. Actually, they could come here this year if they get put into the Denver NCAA bracket. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

Having gone to quite a few CU games over the years, it is really funny about the KU effect. I remember that during the Hinrich/Gooden/Collison Days it seemed like KU was more like 70% of the Coors Event Center...