PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mark McLauglin is a stud ... and now a Coug

TM27
07-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Mark commits to Wazzu....a really nice pickup for the Cougs.

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/656510.html

Strange that UW never offered Mark. Did Romar bet the house on Jrue...and lose Mark because of it? Or were they never interested in the highly touted SG from Kenmore? Either way congrats to Tony and staff.

NJZag
07-05-2007, 06:32 AM
At the time his unofficial visit (last weekend) to WSU prompted him to seal the deal, McLaughlin was reporting solid offers from WSU, Nevada, Oregon State and EWU.

The lack of an offer from UW suggests that he was somewhere South of Jrue in their priorities.

Going to WSU -- given TB putting the Cougs on a solid track -- is hardly a case of the player "settling" as far as program or coach.

sittingon50
07-05-2007, 10:28 PM
So according to Scout the Cougs have 3 commitments in 2008:

SG-McLaughlin
SG-Harthun
SG-Witherill

I think I read somewhere that Harthun might go the Prep School route but does anybody know what's up with taking 3 SG's in the same class?

kjstoph1
07-06-2007, 05:35 AM
So according to Scout the Cougs have 3 commitments in 2008:

SG-McLaughlin
SG-Harthun
SG-Witherill

I think I read somewhere that Harthun might go the Prep School route but does anybody know what's up with taking 3 SG's in the same class?

McLaughlin is thought to be a 2/3 combo - probably end up as a 3 with added bulk.

Harthun can go to the 1 or 2 spot. Supposedly Harthun is considering prep school as an alternative for his family moving away from Medford.

Witherill can flat shoot and has good length. He may have capacity to swing to the 3 spot.

Same deal signing Anthony Brown from Shadle - able to play multiple positions.

Tony likes the interchangeable parts - see also Kyle Weaver/Derek Lowe morphing from their original positions coming out of high school.