• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockandRollJames
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2010

Recruiting

Anybody have any idea about what is going on in the world of recruiting for our Zags? I feel like in the past we have had a much better idea of what's going on. Am I the only one that notices the lack of insider info on the boards these days? It's sad to say, but I think our source is gone.
  • zag4life2011
    Bulldog Fan
    • Aug 2011

I seem to remember a kind of recent post about a guy for class of 2012, but you make a good point.

It seems like since we had a coaching staff change the info has dried up.

Comment

• Worthington
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Aug 2011

The prospects I remember still being on our radar are; Amadeo Della Valle, a guard from Italy who's playing at Findlay Prep, Darrious Curry, a wing who originally committed to West Virginia but left and is now playing JUCO ball at Casper College, and of course good ol' Karnowski from Poland. Could be more, but those are the one's that I remember off the top of my head.

Comment

• bostonzagfan
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Oct 2011

i think zach lavine 2013 is the big target.

Comment

• dnj116
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Oct 2007

Karnowski is following our games. Per his twitter:

@KPangos congrats bro !! thats right !!
          Found here.

Still like the prospects of keeping the string of big 7 footers coming into the program. He'd do well beside Olynyk.

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Staff has apparently been hard after 2012 Amedeo Della Valle, per this story at pointguardu.com.
            While Arizona fans are rejoicing over their top 2012 recruiting class, Sean Miller and the Wildcats aren't quite done looking at players. Point guard Amedeo Della Valle, a native Italian who attends Findlay Prep, said the he has been talking to Miller and Arizona frequently as of late. While schools like Gonzaga are coming on strong we believe Arizona is the leader for Della Valle at this time.
            Though Della Valle has no intention of ramping up his recruitment any time soon, he has still been hearing from big name coaches and programs from around the country.

"I've been talking a lot to Gonzaga, a little bit with Arizona, a lot with St. Mary's, and Georgetown too," he told PGU. "I've been talking to coach Few at Gonzaga, they are interested in me."
            I've been following his twitters and was amused to see this one last night:
            Ame_DV_2 Amedeo Della Valle
            man this guy @KPangos is unstoppable
            14 Nov

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

This happens when a kid like Pangos gets noticed in the media. BIG TIME kid ( whether Kevin is or not)...with the bigs we have, we play on ESPN and win. Kids will watch. We keep up this surge and the new faces will find us. It's always been this way. An E8 or FF draws attention. I hope we get there this year. Understated talent. Kevin keeps this up and good things will happen. I only wish Spangler would get a bigger chance. We'll see...

Comment

• bostonzagfan
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Oct 2011

that game can only help GU recruiting wise.

I have to think the polish big man noticed how well pangos can pass... let him see more entry passes to rob and elias and he might get excited about playing with Kevin P.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

the polish big has played with kevin before...he knows all about him.

Comment

• Timeout!
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                    Staff has apparently been hard after 2012 Amedeo Della Valle, per this story at pointguardu.com.
                    It doesn't hurt this kid is Catholic as well...St Mary's is hot on his trail, yet so are numerous other big-name schools.

However, after listening to several of his interview, it seems he's the type of prospect who plans on choosing the best fit over the best name, imo.

I'd prefer he was a 2013 recruit, instead of '12, yet still a big fan of his --- its just what would we do with him? Simply no room and he's not a RS candidate (very polished, scrappy, tough, strong build, etc).

Having a feeling we don't go "all in" on a guard until 2013...Lavine?

Comment

• bostonzagfan
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                      the polish big has played with kevin before...he knows all about him.
                      boom.

i expect us to get him then

Comment

• hooter73
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Timeout! View Post
                        Simply no room and he's not a RS candidate
                        To say nothing of minutes we will have a roster spot open with Carter graduating. And with our track record of transfers... He'd be a good get anyway.

Comment

• CDC84
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

I still feel the only kid that GU might get in the 2012 class is Karnowski.

Comment

• webspinnre
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                            I still feel the only kid that GU might get in the 2012 class is Karnowski.
                            As of this minute this wouldn't be a surprise to me either. Again, who knows what happens if someone transfers.
                            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Chicken Ball
                              Kennel Club
                              • Feb 2007

Karnowski's passing

Seems like Karnowski might be a terrific get for this team. He looks to be a high-skill level player whose main strength is his passing, but who can also put the ball in the hoop a little on the low block. A skilled big who could consistently find Pangos, Bell, Moenninghoff, and Dranginis for shots beyond the arc would be deadly.

Comment

Working...
                              X