PDA

View Full Version : Story of the first half

Malastein
11-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Pangos, Pangos, Pangos!!!

He'll start the rest of his career, and should've have definitively ended the Stockton v. Pangos debate. Great to see this much shooting out on the floor, which hasn't been around in a long while. Like 2008-2009, but with better rebounding.

Other major thing is that these guys are still very young. Lots of little communication errors and lack of complete trust on defense. Hart plays like he doesn't care if he fouls out, and I don't think Coach Few minds it either. This team gets a bit too comfortable with a lead, and it shows on how they finished off the half.

kitzbuel
11-14-2011, 09:59 PM
This team gets a bit too comfortable with a lead, and it shows on how they finished off the half.

That is another chronic Zag trait.

maynard g krebs
11-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Pangos was out of the game when the Cougs made the late run, and Few had to put him back in with 40 sec left.

Jedster
11-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Definitely can see the youth on defense. Need to shore up the interior D. Will see how that looks with Sacre and Carter back in. Need to work it inside more. Hopefully our hot 3 pt shooters have opened things up a bit inside. I'd guess though Bone will keep packing it in and have us beat him on the perimeter. Go Zags!

TacomaZAG
11-14-2011, 10:03 PM
with Pangos and Bell on the perimeter together. Let these kids learn to play together and our backcourt is set for the next 4 years. The run stalled when those guys sat down.

Go ZAGS

Baldwinzag
11-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Great 1st half and performance by Pangos.

Liked what I saw outta Gary Bell thus far as well...

Monninghoff is such a threat from 3pt, but his on-court awareness is lacking...rushes everything. Still love his clutch shooting.

Would like to see our post defense, namely Elias & Dower, improve in the 2nd half. Our boxing out, save Spangler in his mins, has been non-existent as well.

Gotta get Sacre going or its going to be tight -- we desperately need his defensive presence and inside scoring threat.

Really love the guards going off, yet gotta question the effort by Harris & Dower this game.

I honestly believe with Pangos taking control, they took time off or something, it has effected their game.

Spangler looked solid and like an elite rebounder in his limited appearance.

Keep shooting Pangos!

Get the ball inside to Sacre & Harris!

Draw some fouls!

Stop forcing things(stocks & quise)!

We do these things, we can win this game.