PDA

View Full Version : Pangos

cjm720
11-14-2011, 11:52 AM
He played 27 minutes, most of the second half. Scored 11, grabbed 4 boards and no assists. I loved the fact that he didn't hesitate on his first shot (and it was a 3). He's a confident player that coach trusts already.

I think we've found a good one!

primal23
11-14-2011, 11:57 AM
He did look good, and so did Sacre, Harris and Carter(even while having an off shooting night).

Baldwinzag
11-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I think we've found a good one!

Agreed, yet [correction] he did have 1 assist. After watching the replay, several of Hart & Carter's missed shots/layups were via a Pangos pass in transition. He easily "coulda" had 3 or 4 assists had they made their gimme shots.

He's one calm, heady, savvy PG who has a nice handle and feel for the game. Excited to watch him develop this season and beyond...

Zag@LMU
11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone have an appropriate question you would like me to ask him ?

BULLDOG#1
11-14-2011, 12:11 PM
can't wait to see how he does against the wazzu guards.
I'm betting he'll have a great game.

rennis
11-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Pangos is going to be special. I'm probably in the minority here, but I was psyched when Few had both Pangos and Stocks on the floor. I think that in a couple of years that's going to be a deadly little combo in a "let's disrupt the hell out of the opposing defenses" kind of way, a la Santangelo and Hall.

(can't compare to Dickau/Stepp, cause we've never seen a better combo from the perimeter, and DS/Pangos aren't there yet.)

bostonzagfan
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Anyone have an appropriate question you would like me to ask him ?

yea. ask him if he can get any of his swagger to rub off on GB jr

zagfan1970
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Pangos is going to be special. I'm probably in the minority here, but I was psyched when Few had both Pangos and Stocks on the floor. I think that in a couple of years that's going to be a deadly little combo in a "let's disrupt the hell out of the opposing defenses" kind of way, a la Santangelo and Hall.

(can't compare to Dickau/Stepp, cause we've never seen a better combo from the perimeter, and DS/Pangos aren't there yet.)

disrupt, more like a mosquito. That high pitched squeal in your ear bugs you for a minute, if your unfortunate to get a bite it itches for a minute, but in the end although it disrupted me it was still a simple smack of the hand and what do you know.....dead mosquito!!!

kclubfounder
11-14-2011, 05:18 PM

I completely disagree.

It will start happening in a couple weeks, not years. In fact, it may start happening in several hours!

rennis
11-14-2011, 07:28 PM
I completely disagree.

It will start happening in a couple weeks, not years. In fact, it may start happening in several hours!

:thumbup:

ZagLawGrad
11-14-2011, 08:18 PM
The kid is on fire tonite so far

OZZY
11-14-2011, 08:24 PM
As I have said all along, Kevin's international experience running teams is showing when it counts most, his ability to handle the pressure thrown at him by our opponents.

If he continues to hit those threes defenders will not be able to crowd the bigs allowing for him to also drive and dish.

:)

TacomaZAG
11-14-2011, 09:17 PM
is going to be Pangos and Bell. When Pangos is on the floor DS doesn't add anything to the game and takes a spot away from someone who does. Nothing against DS, Pangos is just more well rounded.

Go ZAGS

ZagMania
11-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow I had listened to all the hype and it was all justified.

Completely fearless. And smart, now that there is some on ball pressure he isn't just swinging when he can't get passes to the middle, he is driving, getting fouled, and looking to dish.

Baldwinzag
11-14-2011, 09:31 PM
This quote from the WSU message board:

I can't believe our players are allowing this kid to look like Steve Nash. I'm frustrated here.

YES!!!

Zerogame
11-14-2011, 10:40 PM
"Move Along...There is Nothing To See Here"..

WanderingZag
11-14-2011, 10:47 PM
"Kevin Pangos" is trending worldwide on twitter. How many more followers do you think he'll have in the next 24 hrs.? Just crazy. We've, apparently, got a stud of a freshman who may solve any point guard issues we may seemed to have had.

This season gets more and more exciting as it unfolds, and we're only 2 games in! Can't wait for the next one.

sonuvazag
11-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Pangos will only get more assists if you look to pressure him.

Baldwinzag
11-14-2011, 10:55 PM
33 pts, 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 TO's. (9-13 from 3pt, 6-6 from FT).

GREAT game.

zag67
11-14-2011, 10:56 PM
I think that there were at least 4 or 5 passes that turned into foul shots for us. Maybe not an assist in the true sense of the game, but the result is the same. Also if you keep sagging on him, he is going to try and make you pay. I do not think all the games will be like this, but he is going to be a threat and teams are going to have to decide where they are going to get burnt. GREAT game.

maynard g krebs
11-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Pangos will only get more assists if you look to pressure him.

Yes. And Bell is capable of doing the same thing from behind the line. Not saying he'll ever make nine, but he made 6/7 in a half at state last year, including a couple 26 footers.

We can now consider the floor officially spread, and look for some huge games from Sacre/Harris/Dower as they'll have room to work inside, and the passers to get them the ball.

Baldwinzag
11-14-2011, 10:59 PM
"Pangos" is going to be making some headlines tomorrow morning...

Zag79
11-15-2011, 02:41 AM
Best player on the court, period. Shoots the three, ice at the line, handles, vision, iq, rebounds, not too bad at defense (minus the end of the wazzu game)... He's the next dickau, but earlier in his career. Yes, he will have bumps and bad games but overall he is going to be a helluva player. An all time Zag great. Kudos to Few and co.!

titopoet
11-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Keep in mind folks that the word is now out on Pangos and everyone will be looking specifically at his weeknesses and he will be the #1 target to frustrate by opposing teams.

With that in mind, WSU was suprised as much as most of us were and caught off guard. Future teams won't be, but they will be thinking Crap! How do you defend the Zags?

I look forward to seeing Pangos play his next game and how he adjust to the effects of this.

Absolutely true, but that opens up the inside for Harris and Sacre. As Panhos develops he will continue to learn. Both him and GBJ are going to continue to develop. Few has done a masterful job of bring his young pups along. Their will be learning moments, like announcer pointed ouy he has to learn to break the amoeba pressure. (I don't think he had ever see it before.) The next time some one tries it, he will better prepared. Pangos will continue to develop.

bostonzagfan
11-15-2011, 07:22 AM
there will be a game where he hits 10 threes.

jazzdelmar
11-15-2011, 07:27 AM
throw out the 3s and KP still had a great game. there will be games where he has 12 pts and 15 asts...he is near raivio like at the foul line, too. whatta weapon