PDA

View Full Version : The Football Cougars

Kiddwell
11-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Wonderful win for WSU. Really exciting. They give up the opening kickoff for a Sun Devils touchdown, fight-fight-fight and win a seesaw battle.

Sure hope they take out Utah next week and uw the week after. This fan likes Paul Wulff and thinks he deserves his fifth year. He played on some wonderful WSU squads, really loves the school, and is rebuilding w/integrity.

Go Cougs!

:]

Pargo the Destroyer
11-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Great game. Halliday looked like Doc Holiday, slinging ropes all over the place. I am a huge supporter of WSU athletics, except when they play gonzaga. I will have an opportunity to choose between both schools (I hope) to finish my undergrad in nursing. WSU makes more sense financially....that's a decision for another day.

04ZagFan
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Serious question.. Because I don't follow WSU football that much.

But how can Paul Wulff have such strong supporters...? EWU got better when he left, and he has done nothing but coach WSU during arguably the worst era of NCAA D1 football ever....

asoc
11-13-2011, 05:01 PM
True Story. I didn't follow EWU athletics much while I was going there.
I was doing some "volunteer" work to earn money for the EWU men's club Soccer team by collecting the money for parking at a Basketball game.

Wulff comes driving up with his family, had his old Fall parking pass but not the Winter pass. I was told specifically to make sure people had the correct pass and not an older one.

I definitely got a funny look from him when I made him pay for parking. Got a "Do you know who I am?" line. But other than that he didn't press the issue and paid for parking while giving me a funny look.

Damn it was cold that night too:-/

Pargo the Destroyer
11-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Serious question.. Because I don't follow WSU football that much.

But how can Paul Wulff have such strong supporters...? EWU got better when he left, and he has done nothing but coach WSU during arguably the worst era of NCAA D1 football ever....

Simple. Previous coach didn't recruit well, and with what was going on at home I could understand. The cupboard was bare so to speak. Last year a little, but mainly this year, he is finally getting his recruits on the field. And yes they are still struggling, but they are competitive, and will be very good next year. Instant gratification doesn't apply here. A rebuild was necessary and will pay dividends.