PDA

View Full Version : Monday

ZagHouse
11-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Cannot come soon enough. It will either further solidify some of the concerns and frustrations a lot of us have, or help erase some of the bad taste left over from last night's game. Either way, I'm exited for game 2. Go Zags.

sittingon50
11-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Don't hold your breath, House. With WSU's injuries, ANY result will not be good enough.

TAINTED.

Johnnygu
11-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Don't hold your breath, House. With WSU's injuries, ANY result will not be good enough.

TAINTED.

I gotta roll my eyes at this haha. A win is a win folks, but you're right I'm sure a lot of people won't be satisfied. Suit themselves.

Ezag
11-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Wounded or not, if WSU has a halfway decent three-point shooting night, their chances of winning increase dramatically.

04ZagFan
11-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Wounded or not, if WSU has a halfway decent three-point shooting night, their chances of winning increase dramatically.

How dare you say such a thing! How DARE you mention Gonzaga's OBVIOUS weakness?!?!?

webspinnre
11-12-2011, 05:55 PM
I gotta roll my eyes at this haha. A win is a win folks, but you're right I'm sure a lot of people won't be satisfied. Suit themselves.

This is an inside joke relating to beating SMC while missing Patty.

Coug Tracks
11-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Wounded or not, if WSU has a halfway decent three-point shooting night, their chances of winning increase dramatically.WSU doesn't have much of any size but has some players that can hit a 3. Bone will have them ready and won't use a few injuries as an excuse. I sure won't use it as an excuse. I expect WSU to be ready and play a good game.

CDC84
11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
I would prefer a couple more days off (for practice) before playing WSU....

ZagsGoZags
11-12-2011, 08:18 PM
I hope we win big and show demarquise johnson what he is missing

MickMick
11-12-2011, 08:23 PM
So who is still technically eligible to redshirt based strictly on minutes played?

primal23
11-12-2011, 08:23 PM
I smell a double digit L being rained on via the 3pt shot

MDABE80
11-12-2011, 09:41 PM
We hit the boards like Friday but play defense on their guards, we'll win by 10. No drama like with EWU. Our kids just need some time playing together. I would like to see Spangler get some court time. Guaranteed he'll get rebounds and likely get 10 pts or more depending on his minutes.

WSU has some great shooters iwth Aden and Moore. They need resistance or we lose by 10...or more.

Defense wins these games. I'ts like last year and the years before...Defense controls everything.

2wiceright
11-12-2011, 11:07 PM
+1 ....Add Dower to the mix for more minutes as well- especially if scoring early on becomes an issue.

bigblahla
11-13-2011, 06:13 AM
I would like to believe Coach and staff have viewed the EWU game looked at the rotations and will make some adjustments and that those adjustments will be beneficial in taking down the Cougs.

Go!! Zags!!!.

bartruff1
11-13-2011, 06:33 AM
I am hoping for the same results...a win and no injuries...

bostonzagfan
11-13-2011, 07:44 AM
I am hoping for the same results...a win and no injuries...

I think everyone would be happy with this.

WSU is better than EWU, right?

bartruff1
11-13-2011, 07:50 AM
I think everyone would be happy with this.

WSU is better than EWU, right? You think ?...That is what happened the last time and it "appears " that not everyone was happy. I would assume they are better, but to be honest, I don't know. This I do know, I will not give a tinkers damn if they make 20 threes and we win the game by one point and then we will see if everyone is happy ... and I have a hunch, but we will see...

bostonzagfan
11-13-2011, 10:17 AM
You think ?...That is what happened the last time and it "appears " that not everyone was happy. I would assume they are better, but to be honest, I don't know. This I do know, I will not give a tinkers damn if they make 20 threes and we win the game by one point and then we will see if everyone is happy ... and I have a hunch, but we will see...

It seemed to me like the unhappiness was due to EWU being perceived as a much weaker team than Gonzaga. I know thats why I was unhappy. The zags were 21 point favorites.

I don't think GU is perceived to be that much better than WSU (WSU>EWU), so a win will make people happy because a win against WSU means GU played better than they did against EWU.

Does that make sense?

JPtheBeasta
11-13-2011, 10:33 AM
It seemed to me like the unhappiness was due to EWU being perceived as a much weaker team than Gonzaga. I know thats why I was unhappy. The zags were 21 point favorites.

I don't think GU is perceived to be that much better than WSU (WSU>EWU), so a win will make people happy because a win against WSU means GU played better than they did against EWU.

Does that make sense?

Not to mention revenge from last year

JPtheBeasta
11-13-2011, 10:54 AM
You think ?...That is what happened the last time and it "appears " that not everyone was happy. I would assume they are better, but to be honest, I don't know. This I do know, I will not give a tinkers damn if they make 20 threes and we win the game by one point and then we will see if everyone is happy ... and I have a hunch, but we will see...

Complaints about 3- point shooting in a win if the effort is good is a little like a football fan complaining about giving up 200 yards rushing against Air Force. Teams try to exploit one at the expensive of the other, and most teams know they are going to have a hard time scoring against Sacre down low. The mental lapses on D are still hard to watch, and more shots are going to need to be challenged to beat better teams. The team effort just wasn't good or aesthetically pleasing against EWU.

We at least have two guys in Hart and Landry that can make life difficult for the Jimmers and Rautins of the world. That necessitates more man defense though and less of that zone that leaves wide open corner 3 looks or one guy defending 2 players. Coaches know how to exploit that and get those looks:

“We had to get a lot of looks from the perimeter because we don’t have a post presence,” Eagles’ first-year coach Jim Hayford said. “When you shoot it better from 3 than from 2 it kind of shows you the strength of our team, at least offensively. We had bigs in foul trouble so it made us even more perimeter dependent.

“What I liked is that we executed our stuff against a team that’s traditionally been a good defensive team and it got us the looks we wanted. We felt like we could create some isolations and mismatches.”

Bogozags
11-13-2011, 06:44 PM
This is an inside joke relating to beating SMC while missing Patty.

We were fortunate that game...he had our number and with him playing, I was not hopeful for a positive outcome...

Reborn
11-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Every game has it's own story. The EWU game is over and it will have nothing to do with Tomorrow's game. Tomorrow is GU vs WSU. A much bigger game. Maybe the Zags weren't mentally wired in to the EWU game, and there was a let-up mentally. I do not believe there will be any let up on Monday. The Zags will show up ready to play. Forget about Friday. It's over. Get ready for Monday. We will see a different Gonzag team tomorrow.

Don't think, in any way at all, that the Zags do not remember the whipping that they got in Pullman last year......THEY REMEMBER. Tomorrow will be different.

cjm720
11-14-2011, 08:00 AM

For me it was rotation and rotation alone. Few knows a hell of a lot more than I do about this year's squad, but my concern is for the development of the players that saw little or no time and the message it sends to future recruits.

Beat the Cougs!