PDA

View Full Version : On a brighter note...

thickman1
11-12-2011, 07:50 AM
I loved Foxy and Dickau as color commentators. Very knowledgeable and they didn't come across as homer's.

john montana
11-12-2011, 07:56 AM
DD needs some work...but a massive upgrade from ehlo.

webspinnre
11-12-2011, 08:02 AM
100% agree. While not as polished/experienced, I loved the insights, and loved that they were willing to be critical as needed.

bartruff1
11-12-2011, 08:06 AM
I loved Foxy and Dickau as color commentators. Very knowledgeable and they didn't come across as homer's. They are great, but I would enjoy them more if someone (producer) would tell Fox to cut down on the coffee and that he is on TV now and not the radio. It is ok to be quiet. Chill, a little...I should always say in my opinion..

tyra
11-12-2011, 10:05 AM
And so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but they have a LONG WAY to go. I did not hear them mention the new Redshirt information ( although I DVRed and fast forwarded some and so they may have). I did not hear them discuss no playing time for Spangler or Mathis M. I did not hear them discuss our recurring problem defending the trey and why that might be. I did not hear them mention Pangos being in the game late and not David and whether or not that might mean something. I did not hear them discuss a lot that I would have appreciated their insight on.

Shanachie
11-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I loved Foxy and Dickau as color commentators. Very knowledgeable and they didn't come across as homer's.

I like them both, but 2 color comentators is one too many. They both feel like they have to weigh in on every issue.

jrmeehan
11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Fox- sounds like he's got the mic at Wrestlemania. He was better then Ehlo tho. I liked DD

Three guys in the booth is too many

americasteam
11-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Of course, I know why kelly is redshirting but the casual fan may not. Did they mention Kelly and the reasons he is redshirting?? They may have touched on it later in the game, as we ended up turning the sound down. If I was the casual fan, I would certainly wonder what the deal was...is he sick, injured, suspended, etc?

Suggestion for them: talk about the game, reference things about the players, the schemes, any inside info they have and are allowed to share. My main problem is heister likes to go off topic and looks for opportunities to do so often. Ehlo was happy to go with him. If Fox and Dickau can keep him on track, all the better.

Birddog
11-13-2011, 01:07 PM
I have to agree that three in the booth is almost always too many. So far it works as neither Fox nor Dickau seems to feel the need to "take over". Hope it stays that way. They are both very insightful and informative. I liked Ehlo, but the pairing with Heister was just wrong and as others have said, Heister was always leading Ehlo astray. Heister asked at least one dumb question the other night and either Fox or Dickau(I think) set him straight. I don't remember for sure who it was, but I kinda chuckled.

bartruff1
11-13-2011, 01:15 PM
I sure hope they succeed...both young and starting a new and exciting career and I just wish them the best. It is a very good point that 3 in the booth maybe too many but, if they can relax and be themselves and have some fun I think the audience will do the same. Who knows where they might go...or stay for that matter...

ZagsGoZags
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Fox and Dan are both full of great analysis
Heister asks them lots of BB questions to draw them out
it is WAY better than last year
partly because Heister is outnumbered and I hope he stays broadcaster and doesn't try too much to interject his personality too much

he seems to think he has a duty to be clever or impressive or something

NotoriousZ
11-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Fox and Dickau do a fantastic job. One question: have we been pronouncing Elias wrong this whole time? If not, somebody should tell Dan ([uh-lee-uh's] not [ey-lee-uh's]). Or is Elias pronounced [ee-lee-uh's]? Now I'm confused.

Either way, Elias already has an alias, it's E. I prefer Easy E or E Money.

Anyone know who's announcing tonight's game on :espn:?

EuroZag2010
11-14-2011, 05:13 AM
Fox and Dickau do a fantastic job. One question: have we been pronouncing Elias wrong this whole time? If not, somebody should tell Dan ([ee-lee-uh's] not [ey-lee-uh's]). Elias already has an alias, it's E. I prefer Easy E or E Money.

Anyone know who's announcing tonight's game on :espn:?

I hope it's not the two that the WCC championship! My wih is Bardo but I dont think so

bartruff1
11-14-2011, 05:22 AM
There is Gus.....and then everyone else...when I die and my life is flashing before me, I want Gus to call it...