PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side...

Rio Runner
11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree with people's takes on Hart's minutes. I am concerned that Few, again, is placing too much value on a "defensive stopper" who has no semblance of an offensive game (P-Mac, Meech, Hart). Hart played twice as many minutes as Sam Dower? Huh??

Also, what is up with Bell? He looked scared to death, and his hands were awful. Hopefully, it was just the jitters.

But on the bright side:

-- Harris looked good
-- Sacre and Carter did a terrific job of drawing fouls.
-- Pangos looks like a player. I love Stockton, but it appears Pangos brings more to the table, and
-- we won (which is more than I can say for UCLA)

cjm720
11-12-2011, 08:45 AM
If bell can't get up to speed we are in trouble. Stocks and pangs on the floor at the same time was a bit nerve racking on D. KO would have played well last night. Hart is no where near starter talent...defections to come :(

I'm pissed

john montana
11-12-2011, 08:59 AM
It seems clear to me that Bell has some pretty serious tools. He needs to play and learn. Put him on the floor and let him work it out!

LMUZAG
11-12-2011, 09:21 AM
It seems clear to me that Bell has some pretty serious tools. He needs to play and learn. Put him on the floor and let him work it out!

+1

The Bell I saw at the Nike tournament games can be a very effective player for Gonzaga. He needs the floor to find it. I do not want to see losses, but if it gets our young talent up to speed quicker we will be better off by the end of the season.

sittingon50
11-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Good point, LMU. As I've stated before, I'm pretty sure a team goal is to win the WCC auto berth, NOT go undefeated. Hence, they may have to absorb some bumps along the way.

bartruff1
11-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Good point, LMU. As I've stated before, I'm pretty sure a team goal is to win the WCC auto berth, NOT go undefeated. Hence, they may have to absorb some bumps along the way. Keep your eyes on the prize(s)...keep the streaks alive...The WCC is looking tough this season, LMU just beat the dickens out of UCLA. Going to be a great season...