PDA

View Full Version : Zero Minutes for Spangler ?

ZagsGoZags
11-11-2011, 10:38 PM
0 minutes doesn't seem like Coach Few, who usually uses his 6 through 10 men at the beginning of a season, to begin the sifting process

maybe because the game was always close, felt he couldn't afford the risk of Spangler

is there a health issue with Spangler at the moment?
perhaps a discipline issue?
still time for red shirt?

I am not surprised with Morninghoff and Keita,
but Spangler was getting a respectable share of time against Carroll, and putting up the stats to show he deserved it

maybe I am missing something obvious

what is the deal with 0 minutes?

Bogozags
11-11-2011, 10:42 PM
From reading about his exploits against Carroll, I was looking to see him play...maybe next game.

cggonzaga
11-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I know it's only one game but if that is the way it's going to be this year, why not redshirt him? You don't usually start a season out with an 8 man rotation and you've figured out who steps up come game time.

xjzico
11-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Should he waste his red shirt year at Gonzaga or at the school to which he decides to transfer?

At this point and thinking of the kids first I would tell every incoming freshman to GU to not redshirt so as to save your redshirt because there is a 50/50 chance you are transferring out.

Baseline
11-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Spangler is way to good to not get some time. I hope he doesn't get a bad feeling about Gonzaga and start thinking he made a mistake. Very troubling!

JPtheBeasta
11-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Sacre and Harris were pretty fresh all game. Dower barely got minutes. You play your best players until they get tired or get into foul trouble. Neither of those things happened last night. Few was doing so much stuff with the backcourt that it seemed he was being pretty conservative with our bigs. Spangler will get his chances. Yesterday was a weird game with a lot of stoppages and our front court dominated with minimal effort. I'm not worried at all.

The small forward spot, however...

VinnyZag
11-12-2011, 10:48 AM
The answer to your question, perhaps:

Sacre: 22 points, 10 rebounds
Harris: 16 points, 8 rebounds

And I never understood why people were reading anything at all into anybody's performance against Carroll College. It was an exhibition game against a D-II team. Meaningless.

primal23
11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Should he waste his red shirt year at Gonzaga or at the school to which he decides to transfer?

At this point and thinking of the kids first I would tell every incoming freshman to GU to not redshirt so as to save your redshirt because there is a 50/50 chance you are transferring out.

+1