PDA

View Full Version : From (4 vs 5), to (3 vs 5) ?!?

Therunner
11-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Now, our starting lineup has not just one, but TWO players unable to score the ball, create their own shot, or require any sort of defense?

Huh?

Hart with 30 mins (am I missing something? sure, he looks to be hustling, that's about it, imho)

Dower with 15 mins.

Hoff with 0 mins.

Spangler with 0 mins.

Way to utilize your best shooting, scoring, play-making lineup, Coach.

Our starting-5 offense has literally become TRIPLE-TEAM SACRE & HARRIS. Check.

Game over.

ZagsGoZags
11-11-2011, 10:45 PM
David usually scores some. He did last year.
more time for Pangos I would think

I don't mind Hoff not playing, if a defender is anywhere near him he can't get his shot off, so his one dimensional asset is quickly nullified

Agree on Spangler. He is good enough to at least try him a few minutes and see what the chemistry is like for him, with our guys, and against the post players of EWU

sofa king
11-12-2011, 05:16 AM
I don't mind Hoff not playing, if a defender is anywhere near him he can't get his shot off, so his one dimensional asset is quickly nullified

He looked pretty solid in the scrimmage. He moved well and shot pretty well without being set. It was just a scrimmage, but he looked improved to me. To me he would have been a perfect solution at times. Hart got a couple open looks that he would have drained.

I really like Hart when he plays in limited minutes. But to me, if they are giving him 30 minutes out of a 40 minute game, they really don't like Hoff.

CarolinaZagFan
11-12-2011, 06:11 AM
To be fair EW didn't really get production from all five players either, so it was more like 3v3... Now back to the meltdown

bartruff1
11-12-2011, 06:26 AM
To be fair...Gonzaga has only had ONE team ever that had five scorers and only plays a very few teams a year that have five scorers....this 4 on 5 crap has always been complete nonsense and serves only to belittle the kids that are not going to get many opportunities to score but that contribute in other valuable ways that the coaches ask them to do ....