PDA

View Full Version : Let's keep this game fun!

HillBillyZag
11-11-2011, 11:40 AM
For those of us who live in the area, E.W.U. is a back yard neighbor. Relatives, friends, and fellow employee's are students, alums, and fans of the Eagles and most also root for the Zags against anyone else. For those of us who follow area sports, Jim Hayford is a respected and well liked Coach, a peer of Mark few and his staff who led the Whitworth Pirates(another good neighbor), to success similar to ours in NCAA Div. 3 hoops and I am sure will do an outstanding job in Cheney. So while I am rooting hard that we beat their pants off and a little good natured ribbing is natural, lets act like we've " been there before".

adoptedzag
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
With the students frothing at the mouth for the first "real" game of the season, I doubt there will be any mercy shown the eagles.

As an EWU alum, I'll be there at least to cheer the eagles on a bit. :) Wife (GU alum) will be rooting for the home side.

hooter73
11-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I used to wear GU and U of M hats on campus 4 days a week for 6 years. That said it would be awesome to see Eastern be a player in the basket ball world again.

DCZag
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm all for EWU winning the 'Sky - after we kick their butts - Hayford is a great get as a head coach, and Ehlo has got to be better off the bench than behind a mike. It also helps us in the end if they are a top 100 RPI team.