PDA

View Full Version : Time stamp

sittingon50
11-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Looks like we're still operating on the clock before last weekend. I'm already having a hard time figuring out where I stopped reading & with the certain increase in activity coming up I may fall off into WooHoo oblivion.

Thanks.

sittingon50
11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Well, now the posts seem to be properly on the clock. Either that happened within the last few minutes or I had a serious Rick Perry moment.

So I guess it's either "thanks" or "oops."

:doh:

gozagswoohoo
11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Looks like we're still operating on the clock before last weekend. I'm already having a hard time figuring out where I stopped reading & with the certain increase in activity coming up I may fall off into WooHoo oblivion.

Thanks.

It's lonely down here.

MickMick
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Well, now the posts seem to be properly on the clock. Either that happened within the last few minutes or I had a serious Rick Perry moment.

So I guess it's either "thanks" or "oops."

:doh:

I know politics should be left off the board, but can I get a pass on this one?

I believe I should because what we are seeing now isn't politics. It's a circus. When the biggest debate moment in my memory used to be Dan Quayle being told he is "no Jack Kennedy", I just have to wonder....

Has the nation collectively "dumbed down" this much? Have we really resorted to formulating opinion from comedy acts put on by politicians in "recovery mode" now?

Really?

I have been on this planet for 53 years and have never seen anything remotely close to this before. I can't envision candidate Nixon making fun of himself on the Carson show. Would never, ever happen. Politicians used to know when it was time to drop out and live to fight another day (year).

There once was a time when politics were a serious matter and not a reality show.

We are in deep doo doo :(

DrDrivel
11-11-2011, 01:49 PM
I actually think this is the downslope of the hysterics. Nothing will ever approach the zenith of absurdity that was the California Recall Election.

Mantua
11-11-2011, 04:13 PM
We are that dumbed-down.

ZagDaddy
11-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Has the nation collectively "dumbed down" this much? Have we really resorted to formulating opinion from comedy acts put on by politicians in "recovery mode" now?

:(

Yes we have.

As George Carlin pointed out, we're circling the drain...

ExtremeJim
11-11-2011, 05:22 PM
I can't envision candidate Nixon making fun of himself on the Carson show. Would never, ever happen. Politicians used to know when it was time to drop out and live to fight another day (year).

...Candidate Nixon did pop up in one of the windows on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, on September 16, 1968, but perhaps you were not allowed to watch that show at the tender age of 10. His line was, "Sock it to me?" No one threw water on him or punched him like they typically did to Judy Carne when she uttered the line."

Maybe this will make you feel better: I interpreted the appearance of the candidate to whom you refer not as an attempt to continue his Presidential candidacy, but rather as an attempt to hold on to his current post as governor of a certain very large southwestern state, where his original election was no doubt some sort of a joke to start with.