PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Area Bar for Zags

mgadfly
11-09-2011, 08:51 AM
I noticed the PI had a listing of Seattle bars by team last week. This is what it said about the Zags:

BEST ZAGS BAR: With the Huskies and Cougars dominating the college sports scene in Seattle, it can be hard for the little guys to find some territory. Fortunately, the Ballard Loft is just enough space for the Gonzaga faithful to gather for basketball games. The bar at 5105 Ballard Ave. N.W. prides itself on being on top of all the major sporting events. But the owner is from Spokane and GU alums have made the bar a headquarters for games. It's not quite Jack & Dans, but it's pretty close.

Anyone ever go to the Ballard Loft?

zagzilla
11-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Haven't been there but Buckley's in Belltown (formerly lower QA) is a Zag friendly spot as well

ZZ

75Zag
11-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I have been to the Ballard Loft for a few GU games while in Seattle on business or visiting relatives. Nice place, full bar, nachos made with real cheese not that canned glop, and around a dozen televisions. On a couple of the nights I was there the GU contingent was a relatively small percentage of the total customer base so don't expect Jack & Dan's, but definitely a good place.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Drew
11-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I was at the loft the night of the Sounder's first playoff game this year, which was the same night as the UW-AZ football game. The Sounders lost bad that night, but the Loft kept the game on all of the larger televisions with sound. They only switched over to the UW game after the Sounders game was over.

Here's hoping the Zags games get the same treatment as the Sounders.

J-Lo
11-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I believe the owner of The Loft hails from Spokane, and is a big Zags fan (so goes the story). I recall one game last year where the zags game coverage was being pushed in favor of the overtime for another game (lasted about the first 10 minutes of the game). The guys at The Loft hooked up one of their channels to their internet connection and streamed the Gonzaga game until the network switched over their coverage.

They also do special trivia and raffles for Battle in Seattle/WCC tickets (or at least have in the past.

Agreed: don't expect Jack & Dan's, but it's definitely a Gonzaga friendly place.

cjm720
11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Is that the bar that's real narrow and has a bunch of stained wood and a deck near the entrance?

Drew
11-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Is that the bar that's real narrow and has a bunch of stained wood and a deck near the entrance?

Likely yes. FWIW, I thought it was a good layout for watching sports.

cjm720
11-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks, Drew. Yea, I've been there a couple times and liked it...really glad to know it's a Zag bar.

Beer_Engineer
11-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Been to the Loft tons of times for Zags games. Been in the Seattle area for 5 1/2 years now watching the Zags on TV, and nothing IMO is as good as the Loft as far as a "Zags Bar" goes.

Just my two cents.