PDA

View Full Version : OT: GM Player susp 10 games

EuroZag2010
11-08-2011, 12:06 AM
FAIRFAX, Va. (AP)—George Mason senior guard Andre Cornelius has been suspended for the first 10 games of the season after pleading guilty to misdemeanor credit card fraud.

Cornelius had been suspended indefinitely while the legal process played out. A related felony charge was dropped.

Cornelius has started 66 games for the Patriots and is the team’s second-leading returning scorer. He averaged 9.5 points last season.

Cornelius says he made a mistake, accepts the punishment, supports his team and will “get ready to make an impact” when he returns.

Guy got 8 games for playing basketball!! This is absurd I hope they reduce this suspension for Edi.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-georgemason-corneliussuspension

NotoriousZ
11-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Guy got 8 games for playing basketball!! This is absurd I hope they reduce this suspension for Edi.

I think the NCAA is waiting to see if we get any real details on the "closed door" scrimmage. Watch out! After the mighty NCAA reviews our apeal, Guy's supension could go to 12 games.

Meanwhile, all other scrimmage info across the country has been divulged, and petty crimes such as credit card fraud are treated with a slap on the wrist.

Conspiracy.

Therunner
11-08-2011, 05:34 AM
I think the NCAA is waiting to see if we get any real details on the "closed door" scrimmage. Watch out! After the mighty NCAA reviews our apeal, Guy's supension could go to 12 games.

Meanwhile, all other scrimmage info across the country has been divulged, and petty crimes such as credit card fraud are treated with a slap on the wrist.

Conspiracy.

Actually, it is rather odd that info, albeit very little, has leaked on many "secret" scrimmages across the country, save the Gonzaga/Texas game.

However, in the last 3 seasons we've played them, its been a Texas player(such as Tristan Thompson) and / or an Asst Coach bragging about their performances vs the Zags. Gonzaga has never given up any info win/lose/or draw.

Based on previous trends, I'll have to presume Texas didn't fair very well vs us this year. I suppose they don't have much reason to brag/boast/celebrate thus nothing to talk about from their end.

In regards to Guy's suspension, the kid was 15 yrs old and never once received any monetary gift, ONLY room & board while he practiced with fellow Countrymen. A joke.