PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few Show 11/6

hooter73
11-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Yet another hard hitting interview... Even the fan question was a softball. Best part was Few basically telling Heister he was an idiot and to let him coach.

Good interview with Pangos, same stuff we've seen from interviews in Canada though so again nothing new. Good piece on Summer Zag activities. Few did accentuate how good it is for players to be around during the summer and not trying to do dual roles for college and national teams. Interesting bit there.

Dont think I'll be missing Family Guy again until its Fox and DD doing this too.

Zaggin' it
11-07-2011, 05:32 AM
Yet another hard hitting interview... Even the fan question was a softball.

Good interview with Pangos, same stuff we've seen from interviews in Canada though so again nothing new. Good piece on Summer Zag activities. Few did accentuate how good it is for players to be around during the summer and not trying to do dual roles for college and national teams. Interesting bit there.

Dont think I'll be missing Family Guy again until its Fox and DD doing this too.

Not sure what you expect...a Dateline NBC investigation each week?

This is a show designed to entertain and inform the fans. Believe it or not, a vast majority of fans don't spend their days scouring the Internet for every fine detail of a player's life. This show does provide good informationfor that vast majority, along with video and stories we don't get anywhere else.

Also, it's done very nicely...have you seen other coaches shows? They usually have the same quality of the Zapruder film.

For once can we be thankful for what we have and not be spoiled brats that it doesn't live up to our imaginary standards and outrageous expectations?

Watch again with fresh eyes. You might find an enjoyable, quality show highlighting some great things about our program.

Pargo the Destroyer
11-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Not sure what you expect...a Dateline NBC investigation each week?

This is a show designed to entertain and inform the fans. Believe it or not, a vast majority of fans don't spend their days scouring the Internet for every fine detail of a player's life. This show does provide good informationfor that vast majority, along with video and stories we don't get anywhere else.

Also, it's done very nicely...have you seen other coaches shows? They usually have the same quality of the Zapruder film.

For once can we be thankful for what we have and not be spoiled brats that it doesn't live up to our imaginary standards and outrageous expectations?

Watch again with fresh eyes. You might find an enjoyable, quality show highlighting some great things about our program.

Hester's producer ^

jazzdelmar
11-07-2011, 06:08 AM
why bother airing a show that's so thin on information? still, we can choose not to watch it. and few's show is no different from the 100s of coaches' shows occupying the air.

hooter73
11-07-2011, 07:03 AM
This is a show designed to entertain and inform the fans.

This fan was not entertained or informed.

No. It sucked.

The only thing I will relent to is that it is better than any other Coaches Show Ive ever seen. Anyone ever see the Seahawks show on at like 11:30pm Sundays? Now that is a suck fest but at least candid questions are asked.

Robzagnut
11-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Not sure what you expect when Heister basically had to do the same show for two weeks in a row as the only team they played before each show was Carroll.

Not a lot of new material or highlights to work with. I like Heister, especially now that Ehlo is gone. You can tell he enjoys the team, he loves the players and by the way Sacre banters back and forth with him that the players like him too.

GoZags
11-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Just my opinion -- but the vast majority of Zag fans have never visited (or even heard of) this board .... so what may be "old" news, or "not newsworthy" to followers of this board may in fact be entertaining and informing to the 99 percent.

Kiddwell
11-07-2011, 07:39 AM
For the longest time this fan wished, wished, wished Mark Few would do a coach's show. WSU, UW, OSU, UO and so on--their coaches do shows. Kiddwell must be easy to entertain, but for me the show's fun. Probably Mark Few is interviewed often on local Spokane TV, but this fan rarely sees the same in SoCal.

The player interviews are enjoyable too, and occasionally the show'll do something relative to the fan base (besides the weekly fan question). For instance, there was a piece during the Bouldin years when they showed the students pitching tents outside the MAC (way early in the week) in the snow and cold. It was fun to see their dedication, endurance of the cold, and so forth.

One fan's perspective...

:]

krozman
11-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Just my opinion -- but the vast majority of Zag fans have never visited (or even heard of) this board .... so what may be "old" news, or "not newsworthy" to followers of this board may in fact be entertaining and informing to the 99 percent.

So we're the 1%?

OCCUPY the GUBOARDS!~ :roll:

Ya, seriously though, you don't watch a homer show expecting challenging questions. You don't come to this forum expecting a lot of GU hate. If you have different expectations, it's a you problem, not a show problem.

rijman
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
From San Diego I appreciate the Mark Few Show and look forward to it's airing here on Dish Network Tuesday nights. I enjoy watching coach talk about his team and the insights on players, coaching staff and GU. I feel I pick up information directly from the source. For example, from the first show, I know Sacre wants to win, but hearing it from him in his own words is interesting and entertaining to me. The Mark Few Show is one of my "must see" weekly tv shows.

awberke
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
For the longest time this fan wished, wished, wished Mark Few would do a coach's show. WSU, UW, OSU, UO and so on--their coaches do shows. Kiddwell must be easy to entertain, but for me the show's fun. Probably Mark Few is interviewed often on local Spokane TV, but this fan rarely sees the same in SoCal.

The player interviews are enjoyable too, and occasionally the show'll do something relative to the fan base (besides the weekly fan question). For instance, there was a piece during the Bouldin years when they showed the students pitching tents outside the MAC (way early in the week) in the snow and cold. It was fun to see their dedication, endurance of the cold, and so forth.

One fan's perspective...

:]

I love that you always post in 3rd person.

I love/hate the Mark Few Show. I can tell heister really loves the bulldogs but he just irks me in an unexplainable way.

But its the only tv show that features interviews with our zags so you just gotta watch it, and i know the rest of you will too.

gamagin
11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
if you are starving. One could posit it might even sustain us, given the alternative.

And just imagine how grateful you could/should be when offered it in miniscule portions, given your hunger, by the very librarians who think it's not just worthwhile but that you should be grateful you are getting any at all.

After all, many folks don't get any library paste at all, Marian the Librarian scolds those of us who turn up our noses.

My dear ma used to march this logic out on us boys when some sort of highly suspect protein-like substance appeared before us, hidden under a dumpling (speaking of library paste in drag). She'd bark: "Count your blessings, boys. Some people in India are starving."

It didn't change a thing about the near total lack of content under that dumpling, but it was an interesting diversion and provided a lot of laughter. Reminds me of this thread and also what this board is turning out to be: so much library paste masquerading as sustenance.

jazzdelmar
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=gamagin;693355]if you are starving. One could posit it might even sustain us, given the alternative.

And just imagine how grateful you could/should be when offered it in miniscule portions, given your hunger, by the very librarians who think it's not just worthwhile but that you should be grateful you are getting any at all.

After all, many folks don't get any library paste at all, Marian the Librarian scolds those of us who turn up our noses.

My dear ma used to march this logic out on us boys when some sort of crappy meal appeared before us, hidden under a dumpling. She'd bark: "Count your blessings, boys. Some people in India are starving."

my mom said the same thing...now india is eating our lunch....

bartruff1
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
The player interviews are worth the price of admission....I never expect Few or any other coach to share any news...except perhaps in a post game or season Q&A...but you have to have a Q..

Baldwinzag
11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
While we're on the subject, any place to watch a replay of the latest show?

I caught Philly's upload last time..

I really enjoyed Episode 1 this season(great video clips) and fun interview with Big Bad Bob.

The actual Coaches portion is usually a bit of a bore, but the rest is great!

Angelo Roncalli
11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=gamagin;693355]My dear ma used to march this logic out on us boys when some sort of crappy meal appeared before us, hidden under a dumpling. She'd bark: "Count your blessings, boys. Some people in India are starving."our lunch....

Actual conversation, circa 1963:

Angelo's Mother: "Eat your creamed corn."

Angelo: "I hate creamed corn."

Angelo's Mother: "There are millions of people in India who are starving for whom your creamed corn would be a blessing."

Angelo: "Then send it to them."

At which point, the dialogue was interrupted by Angelo's father who administered swift and effective punishment.

RenoZag
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Just my opinion -- but the vast majority of Zag fans have never visited (or even heard of) this board ....

Tis a pity, too. . .

Ezag
11-07-2011, 10:21 AM
For the casual fan, the show is fine and fluff. For us hardcores that already know everything, then it is a waste of time.

sittingon50
11-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks for showing the courage to share that story, Angelo.

It helps us all understand how you turned out the way you did.

kitzbuel
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=jazzdelmar;693359]

At which point, the dialogue was interrupted by Angelo's father who administered swift and effective punishment.

Was the backhand slap followed by "Don't you talk back to your mother, boy!"?

JPtheBeasta
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Heister seems to have a good rapport with the players and does a pretty good interview, IMO. Few's personality and character get put on display every show and it has raised my level of respect for him. I watch the show more for the personal interest pieces than hard info, because I usually get that here first. However, it does help fill in the gray areas or eliminate some of the general speculation sometimes to hear things straight from Few's mouth.

Angelo Roncalli
11-07-2011, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Angelo Roncalli;693375]

Was the backhand slap followed by "Don't you talk back to your mother, boy!"?

Pretty close. Plus, some solitary confinement...

ZagMan in Philly
11-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Just to watch coach Few making fun of Heister is most enjoyable for me.
I will have episode 2 up on justintv tomorrow night.

ZagNative
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
The Mark Few Radio Show is on KGA 1510 radio right now.

It's streaming on 1510kga.com.

Baldwinzag
11-07-2011, 11:21 AM
The Mark Few Radio Show is on KGA 1510 radio right now.

It's streaming on 1510kga.com.

Coach Few quote on radio:

"Coach Donny Daniels said he's 'the best 5-minute player in America'. Its true. The players respect him. The Coaches respect him. I think his role will be expanded; he certainly deserves it. He's worked hard at some things to get better. I think you're gonna see A LOT more of Mike Hart as this season rolls along..."

ZagFanInNC
11-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Coach Few quote on radio:

"I think you're gonna see A LOT more of Mike Hart as this season rolls along..."

Great... I love what Mike Hart does on the defensive end but if he could just hockey sub with someone for offense that would be ideal. We need someone who isn't a complete offensive liability out there.
:fingergun:

Baldwinzag
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
After listening to Coach Few on the radio today...

Two former walk-on players to play a significant role/minutes this season.

We know who they are. No secrets here.

Few expects Hart's role to expand exponentially as the year goes on and play a lot more this season compared to last...."We trust him & He certainly deserves it."

Will Hart be the first off the bench at SF? Coach seemed to suggest as much and / or at least he'll be a regular in the rotation.

Interesting...

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2011, 01:16 PM
If ANYONE discusses the different things Mark Few talked about on his show, they will be MURDERED!!!!!!!!

Oh, crap, wrong thread. My bad.

a13coach
11-07-2011, 02:35 PM
If ANYONE discusses the different things Mark Few talked about on his show, they will be MURDERED!!!!!!!!

Oh, crap, wrong thread. My bad.

Well you are a mod, you can fix that.

hooter73
11-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Im not surprised. Hart was good defensively last year when that was his role, summer reports were that he is not an offensive liability as much as we saw, against Carroll he looked plenty good. Just makes me wonder about Keita and Hoff. Spot minutes for their career? is that what they came to another country for?

Juskickenit2
11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Can we get a Justin TV feed for the most recent Show? Purdy pls!

ZagNative
11-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I just caught the show in its airing tonight on SWX and enjoyed it a lot. Hooter73 must just have just had his crabby on Sunday night.

Larryzag
11-07-2011, 07:01 PM
The show would be better if Mark looked like he wanted to be there. He looks like he is waiting to be water boarded.

gamagin
11-07-2011, 07:14 PM
The show would be better if Mark looked like he wanted to be there. He looks like he is waiting to be water boarded.

is hilarious !

hooter73
11-08-2011, 07:06 AM
I just caught the show in its airing tonight on SWX and enjoyed it a lot. Hooter73 must just have just had his crabby on Sunday night.

Obviously Im way too subjective as I come from a more keyed in place than most fans but I just dont like the interview style. We know Few doesnt like interviews and the questions are not going to be hard hitting or even that informative but something other than "Is this going to be a tough non conference schedule?" would be nice. We are known for that, come on! Heck talk about the crap OOC schedules of everyone else. Talk about the new under the basket circle rule, or just something that isnt obvious.

Its not just Heister, I dont like Matt Lauer on the Today Show for his interview style either. Answering the question as youre asking it to the person being interviewed is a terrible tactic.

Therunner
11-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Can someone, for the love of Tebow, please ask him(possibly fan question of the week?):

"Coach, perimeter defense has been an achilles heel for Gonzaga for quite some time. How do you and the team plan to shore up this issue this season?"

if you want to get more detailed...

"Coach, in 8 of our 10 losses last season, opposing teams hit double-digit 3's against us, the same statistic applies in previous seasons, not to mention the last FOUR NCAA Tourney losses opponents have hit double-digit 3's. Any rational human being on the planet, including my 3yr old niece, can see this is an issue for the team, any changes or improvements to the scheme to help mitigate this woeful trend?"