5. Hmmm, I guess its just those four.

lothar98zag
07-03-2007, 12:25 PM
1. My first marriage

2. Birth of my daughter

3. Second marriage

4. Double green box day

Don't let wife #2 know about this list...

;)

ZagPants
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
5. Your rep from ZagPants

23dpg
07-03-2007, 12:30 PM
The list is chronological.

lothar98zag
07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
The list is chronological.
sure it is... :p

Anyway, Lothar's top 2 (no order) are easy to pick:

wedding day & son's birth

After that Lothar would have to think about #3 and beyond. Don't know if Lothar wants to think today...

Akzag
07-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Yo, 23! Welcome to the Dub G, yo ... or sumthin' like dat.
(Soon enough, it will come along, and I will have been the first to congrat cha, albeit prematurely).

RenoZag
07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
(In No Particular Order )

1. Graduated from Gonzaga
2. Played golf at Cypress Point
3. Did Vegas Road Trip to watch GU vs. GA Tech
4. Two weddings, one divorce
5. Got two greenie squarey thingies on the "pimp my rep" deal

Have a good Fourth of July, everybody. And remember these lyrics from the Paul Thorn song, " Mission Temple Fireworks Stand":

" . . . fireworks are dangerous
They can blow up in your face
So you better read the instructions
Light the fuse and get away
These things are made in China
So it's easy to see
How a man who worships Buddha
Ain't got no guarantee."

POST SCRIPT: There must have been five stories on the AP wire this morning about fireworks display gone haywire, some fatally so !

23dpg
07-03-2007, 02:54 PM
My list was tounge-in-cheek. This is FOO isn't it?

lothar98zag
07-03-2007, 03:29 PM
My list was tounge-in-cheek. This is FOO isn't it?
And (some of) the replies were also t-i-c.

Welcome to the Foo!

:cheers:

TheBeast
07-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Chronological:
1. My dad waiting for me in his car with the heat turned up and a cup of hot chocolate at the end of my paper route during one of those disgusting and cold rainy mornings when I was in the 6th grade.
2. Getting my license.
3. Graduating from high school and getting into GU.
4. Finishing my comprehensive and going to my house on Lidgerwood and having a can of mother's milk - Busch Light.
5a. The day I bought a cowbell in a worldwide Secret Santa gift exchange for a member of another Foo-style community.
5b. Sitting on the deck at the Oregon coast a week and a half ago with a choice few of my favorite people in the entire world and getting sunburned to all hell.
5c. There are no rules in the Foo.

sonuvazag
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Proposed foo rule 42.24: You may point out to everyone else that this is foo and not serious, but everyone else is required to do the same back to you.

Bocco
07-03-2007, 08:16 PM
1- birth (mine)

2- my first marriage (and so far only)

3t- birth first son

3t- birth second son

3t- birth third son

4- marriage first son

5t- birth first grandchild

5t- birth second grandchild

6- finding FOO (okay I can't count...but what the heck this is FOO)

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
yeah yeah yeah...kids/marriage etc....so normal.

1. Learning how to make the BEST bloody mary in the world - King Salmon AK - 1995

2. The first time I hit a polo ball and realized how much GOLF SUCKS

3. Giving up golf, because it sucks....and realizing how cool polo is because it's not F-ing golf.

4. Finally buying a really nice diesel pickup and abstaining from minivans if at all possible - because they suck too.

5. Learning to speak quite fluent french, because I can safely cuss in almost any situation.

Bocco
07-04-2007, 09:20 AM

Okay okay I get it you want a non-standard run of the mill list......

Even though Mrs. Bocco has never appreciated it when I want to discuss baseball here goes.

1. The day I learned about baseball & boys were different from girls.

2. The day I reached what we shall euphemistically refer to as first base.

3. The day I hit a double and reached second base.

4. The day I played third base.

5. Finally, the day I managed to hit a HOME RUN..........ooh-la-la

Rangerzag
07-04-2007, 10:08 AM
1. My first marriage

2. Birth of my daughter

3. Second marriage

4. Double green box day

Looks like a poll to me:

MORE COWBELL :D;):D;)

RenoZag
07-05-2007, 06:43 PM

1. Learning how to make the BEST bloody mary in the world - King Salmon AK - 1995

2. The first time I hit a polo ball and realized how much GOLF SUCKS

3. Giving up golf, because it sucks....and realizing how cool polo is because it's not F-ing golf.

4. Finally buying a really nice diesel pickup and abstaining from minivans if at all possible - because they suck too.

5. Learning to speak quite fluent french, because I can safely cuss in almost any situation.

But how do you really feel about golf ?

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
07-05-2007, 09:06 PM
"But how do you really feel about golf ?"

five things I would rather do than golf....

1. Root Canal
2. Vastectomy
3. Lobotomy
4. High School Calculus Again
5. Watch another birthing process!

That clear it up? Flavio from the Sopranos summed it up....Stupida F#####g game...if not; further details....

FYI, I got my handicap down to 90, and it weren't going nowhere from there no matter how much I played or how good my clubs were.

I also hate the pseudo good golfers who act like they're playing for something...

I hate the stupid outfits golfers wear (and I play polo in white pants so that's saying something)

I hate golfers who keep score and cheat, which is almost all of them...

I hate the fact that a stupid non-moving white ball can make me feel like an imbecile...

I hate the fact that I am in the investment business...ergo...everyone in the world thinks I love that stupid game, and am good at it to boot...

The last time I played a walk on player wrapped a putter around a tree in my group over a missed par put? Thanks anyhow...so, I told him off, took of in the golf cart that was mine, realized his clubs were still attached to it...he didn't offer to chip in on the cart by the way, so I dumped his clubs off about 300 yards down the fairway (he had left his lame little two wheel cart in his car) and drove off. There...94zags impression of golf.

Thanks, I needed to get that off my chest!

RenoZag
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
94, that's one of the best posts ever. . .you aced it !!

;)

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
07-05-2007, 10:02 PM
"If being in the investment business coaxes a stereotypical assumption from clients, colleagues, and others that you must play golf and are good at it. . .then you must have to deal with a raised eyebrow or two when you explain that polo is your game."

This, was left in a PM to me, and brings up an interesting point...hmmmm well, I'll try...possible reactions...94 zag is:

A: Completely unbelievable and untrustworthy...I mean really...Polo in Spokane, yeah right

B: An idiot...How much did you say those horses eat? and you have 6? Moron

C: Pompous...what do you think you are the Prince of Whales? come on, you're an Idaho hick?

D: An idiot...How fast did you say they go? and you run into each other on purpose? Moron

E: An idiot...what does your wife think of this, followed by a knowing look referencing how my wife must be a moron to be that cute and married to me...a Moron both of them

F: Brave...but, yeah, more of a moron

G: Then they see the game and go Oh my God, that looks addictive...but you're still a moron.

H: He must be doing well enough, at least he's not stuck playing GOLF!

Rangerzag
07-06-2007, 02:27 AM
"If being in the investment business coaxes a stereotypical assumption from clients, colleagues, and others that you must play golf and are good at it. . .then you must have to deal with a raised eyebrow or two when you explain that polo is your game."

This, was left in a PM to me, and brings up an interesting point...hmmmm well, I'll try...possible reactions...94 zag is:

A: Completely unbelievable and untrustworthy...I mean really...Polo in Spokane, yeah right

B: An idiot...How much did you say those horses eat? and you have 6? Moron

C: Pompous...what do you think you are the Prince of Whales? come on, you're an Idaho hick?

D: An idiot...How fast did you say they go? and you run into each other on purpose? Moron

E: An idiot...what does your wife think of this, followed by a knowing look referencing how my wife must be a moron to be that cute and married to me...a Moron both of them

F: Brave...but, yeah, more of a moron

G: Then they see the game and go Oh my God, that looks addictive...but you're still a moron.

H: He must be doing well enough, at least he's not stuck playing GOLF!

You seem a bit sensitive about the golf thang, almost to the point of being an eeeeeeeeeeeeesssshhuuuuuuuuee. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Bocco
07-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Reno and I have been talking about getting together for a round of golf on July 27, is it safe to assume that you will not be joining us?????:p

"But how do you really feel about golf ?"

five things I would rather do than golf....

1. Root Canal
2. Vastectomy
3. Lobotomy
4. High School Calculus Again
5. Watch another birthing process!

That clear it up? Flavio from the Sopranos summed it up....Stupida F#####g game...if not; further details....

FYI, I got my handicap down to 90, and it weren't going nowhere from there no matter how much I played or how good my clubs were. I gave up years ago caring what my score was.....

I also hate the pseudo good golfers who act like they're playing for something... only thing I play for is having a good time with frineds...

I hate the stupid outfits golfers wear (and I play polo in white pants so that's saying something....golf outfit???? shorts and a Zag shirt of one style or another

I hate golfers who keep score and cheat, which is almost all of them...max score on any hole is par plus tree (I think this is a foo rule) and since I never play for money who cares how someone decides to count strokes.....

I hate the fact that a stupid non-moving white ball can make me feel like an imbecile...I can empathize since I have perfected the art of striking the big ball prior to hitting the little ball......

I hate the fact that I am in the investment business...ergo...everyone in the world thinks I love that stupid game, and am good at it to boot...I'm sure we can arrange for you to be on the Dr. Phil show to discuss these self perceived issues you are having....

The last time I played a walk on player wrapped a putter around a tree in my group over a missed par put? Thanks anyhow...so, I told him off, took of in the golf cart that was mine, realized his clubs were still attached to it...he didn't offer to chip in on the cart by the way, so I dumped his clubs off about 300 yards down the fairway (he had left his lame little two wheel cart in his car) and drove off. There...94zags impression of golf.with a guy like that you should have dumped his clubs much further away than 300 yards.....more like St. Vinnie's, or Goodwill...

Thanks, I needed to get that off my chest!

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
07-06-2007, 07:39 AM
I think we could actually have a good time playing...together, but don't count on my making a special trip down.;) I'd be happy to meet you at the 19th and buy you two a round if you're in Spokanistan though.

PS St. Vinnies or Goodwill was a great idea, I wish I'd have thought of at least a water trap.

Bocco
07-06-2007, 08:07 AM
I think we could actually have a good time playing...together, but don't count on my making a special trip down.;) I'd be happy to meet you at the 19th and buy you two a round if you're in Spokanistan though.

PS St. Vinnies or Goodwill was a great idea, I wish I'd have thought of at least a water trap.

Reno is coming to Spokane. Gets here the 26th or so, and is spending a week or so at Twin Lakes, (if I remember correctly) , beginning either Friday night or Saturday morning.

PS: figured you would have left the clubs in a lake if one was available.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
and while not at the bottom of a lake...I sold my clubs and bought a new polo mallet or two...:D

RenoZag
07-06-2007, 10:10 AM
So Bocco and I are still looking for a third & a fourth for Friday, July 27th. . .

Not sure where we're playing yet. I'm staying at Twin Lakes Village (Rathdrum).

I get into Spokane on the 26th, have to fly home Sunday the 29th. Just a short golf get-away this time round.

Bocco
07-06-2007, 10:32 AM
and while not at the bottom of a lake...I sold my clubs and bought a new polo mallet or two...:D

Polo mallets must be considerably more expensive than golf clubs if you can only purchase a mallet or two after selling a set of clubs.

Well we can always schedule a 19th hole at Jack & Dan's.

RandomZagFan
07-06-2007, 10:40 AM
1. When Gonzaga beat Floridia to reach the Elite 8
2. When Gonzaga beat Stanford when they were a #2 seed
3. When Gonzaga beat UNC at the Preseason NIT
4. When Gonzaga beat MSU at the Maui invitational
5. Anytime Gonzaga beats Udub

Honorable mention: When Pargo single-handedly pwned Duke.

If there is something more to life than GU Bball, I certainly did not get that memo.

RenoZag
07-06-2007, 10:42 AM

My ex-wife kept ONE horse; I can imagine the tack, feed, vet bills, and everything else that goes with keeping SIX. . .ay caramba !

Good for you that you've got a pursuit to be passionate about. So few do.

Bocco
07-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Reno
Thanks for the rep yesterday, however I have no idea why you would consider a harmless discussion of my life long enjoyment of baseball as risqué. :p

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
07-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Reno
Thanks for the rep yesterday, however I have no idea why you would consider a harmless discussion of my life long enjoyment of baseball as risqué. :p

I consider the above risque...you never know in the foo. I was scandalized for a day by more cowbell!

Rubbadub
04-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Not too many big events have happened in Rub's life...

zaguarxj
04-16-2008, 09:08 AM
94 - So how do you make a perfect Bloody Mary? And do people get trampled to death and stuff playing polo? Have you ever thought of taking up jousting?

Rubbadub
04-16-2008, 09:18 AM
94 - So how do you make a perfect Bloody Mary? And do people get trampled to death and stuff playing polo? Have you ever thought of taking up jousting?

Trampled to death!? I thought polo was a contest of who could ride a horse around the fastest while drinking tea without spilling any!?

kdaleb
04-16-2008, 09:36 AM
1. Getting married
2 & 3. The births of my sons
4. Graduating from grad school
5. Being there when DC United winning the 2004 MLS Cup

There were a lot of other moments that competed with winning MLS Cup for that fifth spot, but having suffered through three awful seasons with United before having the chance to be there for that final with 500+ of my closest friends, having all of DC United's goals scored right in front of us, the dramatic last 30 minutes where DCU clung to a one goal lead while down a man, and then the ultimate sense of calm and finality that came with knowing that we had won... it was an amazing afternoon, just basking in the moment.

drnoe
04-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Not too many big events have happened in Rub's life...

How about the 30 times you've climbed Everest wearing...ahem...Keds?

Rubbadub
04-16-2008, 09:44 AM
How about the 30 times you've climbed Everest wearing...ahem...Keds?

Those were like...not a big deal.

ZagPants
04-16-2008, 09:49 AM

Perfect Bloody Mary:
Vodka (amount to your tastes)
Tomato Juice (not V8 or Clamato)
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Lime Juice (1/4 small lime)
Horseradish
Hot Sauce (I use anything but Tabasco)
Worcestershire Sauce
Celery Salt

Shake the hell out of it with ice in a shaker.

Garnish with Green Olives and Pepperoncinis.

drnoe
04-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Those were like...not a big deal.

I guess I can see your point, since you did it like...30 times. Probably got a little monotonous, huh? How many yaks did you see up there, anyway? Did the Dalai Lama promise to visit your death bed in case you fell off the mountain?

Rubbadub
04-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I guess I can see your point, since you did it like...30 times. Probably got a little monotonous, huh? How many yaks did you see up there, anyway? Did the Dalai Lama promise to visit your death bed in case you fell off the mountain?

True story...one time while climbing I got lost and ran out of food and water. Nearing starvation (or perhaps dehydration or both), I eventually wandered upon a mother yak. Delirious with thirst, I kicked the baby out of the way and suckled all night from the yak's ample teet for nourishment. It was glorious.

drnoe
04-16-2008, 10:33 AM
True story...one time while climbing I got lost and ran out of food and water. Nearing starvation (or perhaps dehydration or both), I eventually wandered upon a mother yak. Delirious with thirst, I kicked the baby out of the way and suckled all night from the yak's ample teet for nourishment. It was glorious.

I've always yearned to suckle from an ample yak teat. :drool:

drnoe
04-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Here are my top 5 in no particular order...

1) Won a spelling bee

2) Beat Dana Plato in an arm wrestling contest

3) Had lunch with the drummer from the Partridge Family (the 2nd drummer)

4) Urinated off the top of the Empire State Building

5) Got a free toaster by opening up a new bank account

ZagPants
04-16-2008, 10:37 AM
I've always yearned to suckle from an ample yak teat. :drool:

Then I suppose you should get better acquainted with Woohoo.

drnoe
04-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Then I suppose you should get better acquainted with Woohoo.

What does WooHoo know about yak teats? Does anybody ever call them teatties?

ZagPants
04-16-2008, 10:47 AM
What does WooHoo know about yak teats? Does anybody ever call them teatties?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/gozagswoohoo/me-4.jpg

Rubbadub
04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
I see a big fat Woohoo baby...I don't see a yak though.

drnoe
04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_QzEPcEF7QCU/RgiXafGX2GI/AAAAAAAAAFs/xccdnPZ_PY4/s320/teat+frugal_72.jpg

ToreroStudent
04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Ok, here's my list.

1) Meeting my girlfriend of two years.

2) Winning CIF in tennis my senior year and going through the recruiting process.

3) Getting into USD after tearing a ligament in my hand to end my tennis career.

4) Scoring 17 points in 5 minutes during a cruial point of the game my freshman year in basketball.

5) Going to Tampa with the USD basketball team and experiencing, first hand, the ecstacy that came with knocking off UConn.

former1dog
02-04-2013, 02:11 PM
1 - Marriage (current)

2 - Tied Births of Son's 1, 2, 3

3 - Father dying

4 - First week at GU

5 - Graduating GU