PDA

View Full Version : Secret Scrimmage foe: Texas Longhorns

Therunner
11-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Nothing much say on the game really, but take a second to look at Texas' 2011-2012 roster:

Texas Men's bball Roster (http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/tex-m-baskbl-mtt.html)

Notice anything unusual about their team?

Only ONE player listed over 6'7" and he's averaged less than 2 mins per game over the last 3 seasons.

A good group of young, talented guards(like us) led by Canadian Myck Kabongo, but not sure Texas will be competing for the Big-12 title this season(Missouri, Texas A&M, Baylor, Kansas, are all ranked in the Top-25). However, they'll always remain competitive under Coach Barnes and could surprise some folks. A very good recruiting class for them as well.

Having said that, our BIGs should have a field-day tomorrow.

ZagsGoZags
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I am really glad we get to do this scrimmage again

I think it is really good for the Frosh

for awhile this summer I wasn't sure it would happen

too bad there can't be a little more said about what happened inside

sittingon50
11-04-2011, 01:06 PM
but where is Texas?

thespywhozaggedme
11-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Pangos vs Kabongo, yet again. These two have been competing against and with each other for the past 10 years.

bostonzagfan
11-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Pangos vs Kabongo, yet again. These two have been competing against and with each other for the past 10 years.

Yea? Who's been winning (both individually and team-wise)

willandi
11-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Yea? Who's been winning (both individually and team-wise)

The Canadian, of course!

OZZY
11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Kabongo was a year ahead of KP until he went the Prep route.

Completely different players, with Myck more of a slasher/scorer and Kevin more of a shooter/distributor. They have both found the right teams for their styles, Myck may stay in Texas a little as a year, Kevin will most likely be at GU for four.

Kevin is a better deep threat, Myck more of a slasher with speed to burn. Kevin more comfortable operating a team, Myck an AAU star. From memory, they actually practiced as the starting backcourt for the Canadian Junior team in 2010, but KP went on to play Cadet Worlds and Myck went to FIBA Americas with Wiltjer and Birch. KP took his spot (he had previous commitments) last summer when the Canadian team went to FIBA World Juniors. It was a shame that Canada didn't field a stronger team there as they would have been a contender for the Gold.

Therunner
11-04-2011, 09:13 PM
As of an hour ago, the guys were still in Spokane, when the heck are they headed to Denver to face Tejas?!

bostonzagfan
11-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Kabongo was a year ahead of KP until he went the Prep route.

Completely different players, with Myck more of a slasher/scorer and Kevin more of a shooter/distributor. They have both found the right teams for their styles, Myck may stay in Texas a little as a year, Kevin will most likely be at GU for four.

Kevin is a better deep threat, Myck more of a slasher with speed to burn. Kevin more comfortable operating a team, Myck an AAU star. From memory, they actually practiced as the starting backcourt for the Canadian Junior team in 2010, but KP went on to play Cadet Worlds and Myck went to FIBA Americas with Wiltjer and Birch. KP took his spot (he had previous commitments) last summer when the Canadian team went to FIBA World Juniors. It was a shame that Canada didn't field a stronger team there as they would have been a contender for the Gold.

Sounds like a nice way of saying our guy isn't as good as theirs :)

But I would rather have the guy who sticks around anyway. I wish I could watch a tape from the future of Bell and Pangos as seniors.