PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having technical...

Kiddwell
07-03-2007, 10:46 AM
...problems with this site?

Suddenly over the last few days the site has appeared cockeyed on my iMac. I'm seeing no such problems anywhere else (with my computer) on the Internet (sports sites, news sites, amazon.com, etc.). I private-messaged BZ about the problem but, alas, BZ doesn't answer my messages (since moving to this new site anyway). <sniffle-sniffle>

Anybody know if there's a tech problem? Anyone else using a Mac having problems?

Here's what I see: The GUBoards banner looks fine. But the Forums box is shrunk to the upper left, and the threads section is shrunk and stuffed to the upper right (then extends down that side). The individual message threads themselves are also stuffed into a right-hand column down the page's right side.

I tried this site on a PC at a high school today and noted no problems. This's puzzling, since PC stands for Piece of C#@& and MAC stands for My Awesome Computer. :)

Kiddwell thanks you...

:]

a13coach
07-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Kiddwell,

What browser are you using? I just took a look at the web-site using Safari and well looks a lot like you described above. If that is the case then it is Safari (which I think is crap, Mac's maybe great but doesn't mean all Apple software is great). I have no problems w/Firefox.

Edit: Some parts of the board is working okay in Safari.

Kiddwell
07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi, a13coach!

Yes, I'm using Safari. And I've been using it in the past. Don't know what the problem is (with it now), but I also have Camino loaded onto my machine. I tried it (just now), and it worked fine with this site.

Strange. I'm wondering whether I may have just upgraded Safari (those automatic upgrades my machine looks for weekly). Maybe the latest upgrade is the problem.

Still, Safari works well everywhere else.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Have a refreshing and enjoyable 4th.

:]

brasszag
07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
It appears to be related to Google Ads - and some hinky coding here.

Could someone please take a look at this?

http://homepage.mac.com/posmaster/PhotoAlbum3.html

It's the image on the Right shows the code error that's forcing that column to resize.

brasszag
08-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Anyone, anyone?

brasszag
08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
was fixed for a few days - got broken again...

does anyone care that the site doesn't render correctly in one of the three major browsers?

ZagNative
08-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I use Mozilla Firefox, and it's displaying just fine for me. It's also fine for me in IE Explorer. What browser do you use?

I always suspect some sort of Java script error, but that's because I'm not as bright as I might wish to be.

Hope you get to the bottom of your problem.

brasszag
08-21-2007, 02:35 PM
It doesn't work in Safari.

I don't use Mozilla-based browsers for a variety of usability and performance reasons.

It's only the browser that's the most compliant with the actual CSS and HTML specs.

I'm simply very, very frustrated with how simple an HTML error it appears to be, but it completely hoses the layout of the page - which is even more frustrating when browsing on my iPhone. And given that other mobile phone browsers are starting to be based on the WebCore rendering engine this issue is only going to spread to other mobile devices.

All for the lack of "<"

brasszag
10-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Fixed on the main page, but not all the sub-forum pages...

This is getting very annoying...

BobZag
10-21-2007, 09:00 AM
I've sent the link to this thread to the S-R techs. Sorry, Kiddwell, I'm not much of a PM-returner. :(