PDA

View Full Version : OT: Did NOT realize we were heavily recruiting BYU's Brandon Davies?

Therunner
11-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Back in 2008.

I just found out Brandon Davies' college choice was between BYU and Gonzaga. :eek:

Color me surprised...

Apparently, he was really high on us and we were high on him.

The moment we began recruiting Davies he decided to visit campus, spend time with the coaches, played pick-up ball with the team, etc.

We offered him a scholarship during his visit and he seriously considered us before choosing BYU.

Not only that, yet the plot thickens -- after Brandon was promptly suspended by BYU for a "honor code" violation, there was talk of him actually transferring to Gonzaga, and this little snippet coming from BYU folks.

Anyway, thought to share and see if any others had heard about this past recruiting relationship and if we realized Brandon Davies was nearly a Zag on TWO separate occasions?

Its not the first recruit they've beaten us out on either...

LongIslandZagFan
11-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I remember him being recruited. It was talked about extensively for awhile on the board. That would have been on the old scout board though.

MDABE80
11-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Life would be a lot easier had he signed....for him and us.

zagitup
11-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Back in 2008.

I just found out Brandon Davies' college choice was between BYU and Gonzaga. :eek:

Color me surprised...

Apparently, he was really high on us and we were high on him.

The moment we began recruiting Davies he decided to visit campus, spend time with the coaches, played pick-up ball with the team, etc.

We offered him a scholarship during his visit and he seriously considered us before choosing BYU.

Not only that, yet the plot thickens -- after Brandon was promptly suspended by BYU for a "honor code" violation, there was talk of him actually transferring to Gonzaga, and this little snippet coming from BYU folks.

Anyway, thought to share and see if any others had heard about this past recruiting relationship and if we realized Brandon Davies was nearly a Zag on TWO separate occasions?

Its not the first recruit they've beaten us out on either...

Some earlier threads have discussions on this very topic. Here's one, for example (look for comments from BZ and archaebyu):

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=34042&highlight=honor+code