PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Preseason Power Rankings - Zags at 23

ZagNative
10-31-2011, 12:01 PM
In the accompanying video on the Zags entry in the ESPN Power Rankings (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/feature/video/_/id/7127266/preseason-power-rankings), Katz pegs the Zags best in the west.

maynard g krebs
10-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Katz pegs the Zags best in the west.

Irrelevant; as anyone who reads Dawgman knows, Katz is battling Bigfoot for the right to bear Mark Few's baby.

U Zig, I Zag
10-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Diamond Leung

ZagNative
10-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Listening to Matt Norlander podcast (http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/33050933) linked on CBS Sports, they also mention the Zags as a possible best in the west. WCC discussion starts about 15 minutes in.

krozman
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Bet you "best in the west" isn't irrelevant for recruiting. Next time a 5 star out of nowhere, Oregon, wants to stay in the correct time zone, it has to help.

maynard g krebs
10-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Bet you "best in the west" isn't irrelevant for recruiting. Next time a 5 star out of nowhere, Oregon, wants to stay in the correct time zone, it has to help.

Tongue in cheek. It was an apparently lame attempt to be funny. Huskies are always talking abt Katz' pro-Zag prejudice.

Of course, pro-Zag is known to raise serotonin levels and improve mood.

LAZAGFAN11
10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Huskies are always talking abt Katz' pro-Zag prejudice.

Huskies can start complaining when they can win 8 out of the last 10. Unitl that point, you'll hear a lot of complaining coming out of Seattle when you have a team dominated so thouroughly as UW has been over the last decade.

willandi
10-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Huskies can start complaining when they can win 8 out of the last 10. Unitl that point, you'll hear a lot of complaining coming out of Seattle when you have a team dominated so thouroughly as UW has been over the last decade.

The problem is that most Husky fans don't get it. They play in a tougher conference, so head to head just doesn't matter. There are a very select few that fall back on the "I can't make Romar change his mind" line, and still refuse to acknowledge that head to head, until they play us, on a truly neutral site, home and home or Key/Arena, the Zags are a better team, on paper, in post season and on the floor. Want to disprove that? Play ball! The Zags don't need to play the Huskies any where, any place or any time. We did that and proved which was the better team. The ball is in their court. Come up with a viable plan, and the Zags will beat you in any fair competition,

tinfoilzag
11-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Of course, pro-Zag is known to raise serotonin levels and improve mood.

Boy am I depressed.. And I'm having trouble sleeping at night.

Have you asked your doctor about Pro-Zag?

Warning: Pro-Zag has been shown to produce violent mood swings when mixed with poor perimeter defense.

primal23
11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
:roll:
Boy am I depressed.. And I'm having trouble sleeping at night.

Have you asked your doctor about Pro-Zag?

Warning: Pro-Zag has been shown to produce violent mood swings when mixed with poor perimeter defense.
:allhail:

04ZagFan
11-01-2011, 11:23 AM
They've made it further in the NCAA tournament like, what, twice since 1999? They also couldn't beat us head to head.. They've yet to make it past the Sweet 16 in the modern day tournament structure.... And yet somehow they believe they are such a better program. Unfortunately, the stats just don't back that up!