PDA

View Full Version : DVR Alert!

Kiddwell
10-30-2011, 08:44 PM
To whom it may concern, you can now set your DVRs for the GU vs. Eastern Washington game. :cheers:

<It must be basketball season. All together now, "Hooray!">
:]

adoptedzag
10-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the reminder!

EuroZag2010
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Speaking of EWU game, I was wondering at how come GU doesn't play them in a home and home like WSU? It would be good for EWU we would fill that gym up.

NotoriousZ
10-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Speaking of EWU game, I was wondering at how come GU doesn't play them in a home and home like WSU? It would be good for EWU we would fill that gym up.

I think we used to play them every other year in the Arena. You'll have to get the old-timers around here to recall the last time we played at Eastern. While it would be great for EWU to do that, it would not benefit Gonzaga because they play enough road games as it is. Since EWU is willing to play us every year at GU, why do otherwise?

Edit: No offense, old-timers! I'm getting up there myself. :)

rennis
10-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Edit: No offense, old-timers! I'm getting up there myself. :)

Boom!

I think I was a Senior the last time we played in Cheney. So probably November of 2000 or so.

The KC made a strong showing in their gym. We whipped them pretty good, and a lot of very proud Eagles fans were NOT happy with the KC attendees. There were some tense moments and security got involved.

Best chant that day? The timeless "If You're Stupid and You Know it, Go to State."

Fun night.

Saxon_zag
10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Boom!

I think I was a Senior the last time we played in Cheney. So probably November of 2000 or so.

The KC made a strong showing in their gym. We whipped them pretty good, and a lot of very proud Eagles fans were NOT happy with the KC attendees. There were some tense moments and security got involved.

Best chant that day? The timeless "If You're Stupid and You Know it, Go to State."

Fun night.

Yeah I think I'd probably try to fight some spoiled catholic kids as well if they came to my school and did that chant.. lol

rennis
10-31-2011, 02:29 PM
^ what he said. (haha, I'm quoting myself, it's fun)

looked back at ESPN's schedule history which only goes to the 2001-2002 year, so 2000 had to be the last home/home year.

December 4th, 2001 was the epic OT game against Eastern in the Arena. That game was AMAZING. We were down 16 with 16 to go, came back to tie it, went on to win by 10 in the OT.

Thank you Blake Stepp.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2250/year/2002/

hockeyzag
10-31-2011, 06:28 PM
What kind of DVR alert doesn't mention a channel?!?!

Kiddwell
10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
What kind of DVR alert doesn't mention a channel?!?!

ROOT TV (the Northwest version). Down here in parts of SoCal (LA County) its channel 1764.

TheGonzagaFactor
10-31-2011, 11:20 PM

I would use my Eastern ID (even though I'm alum it still works) to get a front row seat and wear my Gonzaga jersey.

EuroZag2010
10-31-2011, 11:36 PM
ROOT TV (the Northwest version). Down here in parts of SoCal (LA County) its channel 1764.

And in Spokane it is 627 Comcast HD not sure about other tv services