PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

GUnawinit
10-30-2011, 12:01 AM
As you can see from my site name how I feel, I've visited this forum from day one. I love (and live it...I bug DP (Patchin)) on ESPN radio in the summer to talk GU hoops), get the same response each year, we'll begin to talk GU Hoops on October 15th each year.

I can't begin to tell each of you how much respect I have for all in this forum. It blows me away the knowledge each brings to this board.

As a professional, the first thing I do each morning is check the board....no matter the month. You're all amazing...truly!

I'm an old athlete that (Played many games against) the 73-77 Brewster Bears) Whew, They went 106 and 3. That ranks 10th Nationally. I guess what I'm getting at, is Pendo will always be a favorite. (different era, all the same)

Currently (In my mind), Mike Hart....as we watched on Friday is going to be tough to keep out of the lineup! What a warrior....

To be honest. I'm not a real D. Stockton believer, I like the skills and confidence of Pangos. (Watching closely, he was already vocal on the court) If I'm correct he's a coaches son, must get that from dad! And not bashful to shoot the 3...9 attempts in your first game?

Geez, the team is bench deep...although coach calls it inexperience depth, think about it...although way early...Spangler (Got'ta like this kid) shores up the front line...where's the inexperience? Guard play? Got plenty to choose from...Bell will come around...

It was amazing when you play 10 guys and three we all know haven't even gotten off the bench.

Lets all hope Big Rob plays like a Senior, and Sam develops into the scoring we know he can!

My break out player is "Hoff", if he can play a little "D" .....darn, his stroke is there.

Go Zags!!!

MDABE80
10-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Welcome aboard GUnawinit! Nice first post!

MickMick
10-30-2011, 06:27 AM

For sure!

gozagswoohoo
10-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Greetings my newfound friend.

I am Woohoo. I come in fleece.

Reborn
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Congratulations on your first post, Gunawinit. It was well-thought out, and you shared a nice personal story. Keep up the good work. I remember them even though they were a B school. I also followed them during those years, just after college. I also followed them when they played semi-pro ball, and sometimes played in preseason games against some colleges I think.

TheZagPhish
10-30-2011, 09:09 PM
There's a potluck every Thursday at 3:00 in the Foo. Please bring 8 layer dip.

Thanks.

83topper
10-31-2011, 08:41 AM

Thanks.

Did you not get the email? it is on Tuesday now.

77Zag
10-31-2011, 08:43 AM

+1

gozagswoohoo
10-31-2011, 10:51 AM

I thought we played Bridge on Tuesday's?

rennis
10-31-2011, 11:59 AM
welcome!

GUnawinit
11-04-2011, 11:43 PM
For those welcoming me to the board...Oh, and had too laugh (Truly) about the "Potluck and 8 layer dip welcome"

I can only bring chips, living in mom's basement, "as others" can relate ...No refrigerator....

Yes, I don't have have 5K posts, but, was just trying to give my point of reference, and explain the "Respect" I have for all on this board!!!

Oopps, Foo again ...got'ta, get in the kitchen and work on another snack for next Tuesday!

Loving / living GU Hoops, comes in ALL different fashions, "That's why "OUR" community" is known and respected through out the basketball world!

The insight you all bring, I'll continue to enjoy...but, wasn't looking to be a goofball!!! Just wrote, what I felt...and got'ta start somewhere!

Go Zags!

bostonzagfan
11-05-2011, 02:15 AM
seems the upcoming season hasn't brought just myself out of the shadows. another longtime reader, first time poster. welcome aboard, I just started posting myself.

kreese555
11-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I thought I had registered a couple years ago, but apparently not. Love the site, love the Zags. I have two cousins who played for the Zags bball team (men's team 96-99 and women's team 03-07) so I've been a fan for about 15 years. My family are charter sponsors of the MAC and season ticket holders. Living in Nashville now, and as much as I miss going to games we've got an Alumni Club established here now! It's a giant parrty, as you might imagine!

MickMick
11-06-2011, 04:45 PM
There is always room for more to partake in the discussion. I can't speak for others, but I like it when new folks take the plunge. If you have been "lurking" for years, I'm not even sure if the term "new" is applicable.

By posting, there is the possiblity that you open yourself up to critique, but I feel the reward will surpass the risk. At least it has been that way for me.

In short, thanks for posting.

willandi
11-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Long time poster, first time reader!
Wow, some of you guys (and gals) actually know something!!! Neat!
Thanks for coming out of the shadows! Be a lurker no more!!

NotoriousZ
11-06-2011, 06:05 PM
May your respect for ALL POSTERS on this site never fade...and good luck with that! ;)

Nice first post, I'm loving Pangs and Spangs as well (Drangs too). Welcome to kreese also!

Edit: Gary Bell, I realized that I haven't had much praise for you yet. If you're following this board be warned that 90% of the stuff said here is pure nonsense (including my posts). I have no doubt we'll all be on the GBJ train soon enough.

OZZY
11-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Welcome from a "down-under" Zag watcher.

I've enjoyed the banter, information and humour since I joined. I try to check in every day and post on what I know (limited as it is) or think.

And yes the "ANGS" are going to help this team go places.

:)

LongIslandZagFan
11-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Long time poster, first reader

Bravo. Well played sir.

IrishZagFan
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM

I thought we played Bridge on Tuesday's?

I can never keep them straight either.....Now all of YOO, back to the FOO.....

GUnawinit
11-11-2011, 10:32 PM
the "Newbie"...in between making the "8 layer dip"...seen this coming...

Mike Hart's in tonight's "Starting line up"...

Posted earlier...

"Currently (In my mind), Mike Hart....as we watched on Friday is going to be tough to keep out of the lineup! What a warrior...."

Pangos, (when the final story is written) will be a 1st team "All American" and it looks like (Unless I don't understand the system ) Kelly will Red Shirt...

And I wish all the best to Jim Hayford and EWU, they look damn good!